List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

As JeanLucGoddard can attest, I was very sceptical about what was shaping up.

But the signals I am recieving on this are very loud and clear, he will crack in and work in good faith for the NMFC.

By the same token, those who may be, shall we say, sceptical about the benefit of the women's team and The Huddle etc are likely to be sorely disappointed in him.

With what I know from Amarfio's time at CA and Austereo, it's a risky appointment. However, the club has been almost totally risk averse for years so maybe it's a good thing. Time will tell.
Yep. Lets hope it is all good!

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've thought for a while now, that I reckon Eddie is a closet North fan. Usually speaks positively about us (and not in a patronizing way), and I rarely recall him bagging us.
I've thought for a while now, that I reckon Eddie is a closet North fan. Usually speaks positively about us (and not in a patronizing way), and I rarely recall him bagging us.
i witnessed Ed berate former afl exec Andrew Catterall in 2007, when Catterall was neck-deep in working to relocate us to the Gold Coast. Ed's message was words to the effect that: 'North people will decide whether they go or not, not people like you'.

That training session he did with North U 19’s all those years ago left an indelible mark

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Eddie is certainly not a North supporter. I think he understands, like many of us do that footy can't afford another Fitzroy or even a South Melbourne. It's not the smart, pragmatic thing to do, to kill century-old and older cultural institutions for the sake of a perceived need to modernise. He understands that Footy's viability comes from the supporters and their passion for their clubs, and anything the current administration does to upset the status quo of those existing clubs will only cause people to walk away from the league and the game altogether. He understands that because he's a mad supporter, like we all are.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Eddie is certainly not a North supporter. I think he understands, like many of us do that footy can't afford another Fitzroy or even a South Melbourne. It's not the smart, pragmatic thing to do, to kill century-old and older cultural institutions for the sake of a perceived need to modernise. He understands that Footy's viability comes from the supporters and their passion for their clubs, and anything the current administration does to upset the status quo of those existing clubs will only cause people to walk away from the league and the game altogether. He understands that because he's a mad supporter, like we all are.
Treat the mugs badly and they will lose interest; it’s why Lloyd Williams is reading the change in wind regarding Horse Racing

Absolutely agree. Why do we wear our clash jumper against the Pies for home games? He would also take Good Friday off us in a heartbeat.

As late as last year when we were going through a bad trot i remember he talked about us potentially relocating to Tasmania. It was totally out of context and it really pissed me off. He may have a soft spot for us through JB and the tacit under 19s link but he is all about the Pies.

He also understands that the strength and financial clout of Collingwood is very much tied into being a big fish in a big pond and having double ups against the biggest Melbourne teams. The presence of small (and weaker) Melbourne clubs like North, Dogs, Saints, Melbourne means that Collingwood get great commercial draws and minimal travel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
He's also loves us for Nathan Buckley choosing the pies over us.. win-win..

Eddie is a traditionalist and we're a proper working class traditional football club.

Will always be held in higher regard than some others with Eddie.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Absolutely agree. Why do we wear our clash jumper against the Pies for home games? He would also take Good Friday off us in a heartbeat.

As late as last year when we were going through a bad trot i remember he talked about us potentially relocating to Tasmania. It was totally out of context and it really pissed me off. He may have a soft spot for us through JB and the tacit under 19s link but he is all about the Pies.
Him and JB aren't close.

And I'm clearly not suggesting he likes us ahead of, or equal to the Pies.
I just think he has a quiet admiration for us, in a "we're his second team" kinda way.

Wrangeroos

Senior List
Oct 12, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interestingly he was marched out of CA 8 November 2018 and rumours of his signing come out 8 November 2019.

Obviously been on 12 months gardening leave hence the delay in the announcement.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I remember Eddie raising us relocating to Tassie when he was calling the last game Brad coached. He made it post game under the proviso of ‘where to now for North’ and threw the Tassie comment in. I remember it well. I was FUMING!

i witnessed Ed berate former afl exec Andrew Catterall in 2007, when Catterall was neck-deep in working to relocate us to the Gold Coast. Ed's message was words to the effect that: 'North people will decide whether they go or not, not people like you'.

Was this exchange on a bus in Byron Bay by any chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back