List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I’d happily play Gold Coast and the Giants at Port Melbourne.
If we're going that route, why not just play them at Arden Street? It's already an approved venue by the AFL for AFLW and VFL games.

I'm serious. Especially for GC, who have bugger all supporters in Melb.

Barrett typically going with his glass half-empty approach when it comes to the club. He could have said everything that was said in that article and put a positive spin on it but chose to be negative. Like a lot of so-called North supporters, they stick the boot into the club because they had delusions about what the club should have done in the past, they bare the stench of death and their unwarranted negativity almost reeks like they want the club to fail so that they aren't proven to be wrong or s**t supporters of the club.

I can't think of a successful club that would have held onto the staff we have let go had they achieved the same results. Lets be realistic, if it was Hawthorn making the changes Barrett would have called it brave and aggressive, he uses a different vocabulary with us because he has no pride in the club as an insipid supporter of the club. He should take his frustration out on people who achieved mediocre results at their time instead of people who believe they can do better and see a bright future and opportunity.

r_boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2007
Northern Territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Barrett typically going with his glass half-empty approach when it comes to the club. He could have said everything that was said in that article and put a positive spin on it but chose to be negative. Like a lot of so-called North supporters, they stick the boot into the club because they had delusions about what the club should have done in the past, they bare the stench of death and their unwarranted negativity almost reeks like they want the club to fail so that they aren't proven to be wrong or s**t supporters of the club.

I can't think of a successful club that would have held onto the staff we have let go had they achieved the same results. Lets be realistic, if it was Hawthorn making the changes Barrett would have called it brave and aggressive, he uses a different vocabulary with us because he has no pride in the club as an insipid supporter of the club. He should take his frustration out on people who achieved mediocre results at their time instead of people who believe they can do better and see a bright future and opportunity.

Well said

His rhetoric is getting very old

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

And if we kept Scott and company leading into the 2021 Tasmania deals expiring then the Barrett fear mongering would be at an all time high. It would be compare the pair...Hawks successful and can stand in their own in Melbourne and North just a rabble.

If we're going that route, why not just play them at Arden Street? It's already an approved venue by the AFL for AFLW and VFL games.

I actually reckon we should play games at Arden St and not worry about fencing it off and charging for tickets, just promote some goodwill in the local community and hopefully attract new local supporters.

Pretty much perfectly said Tas.

The obvious reason is that there simply isn’t enough spectator space, even for a GC/GWS type crowd. The playing surface was enlarged so they could train on a docklands-sized oval which pushed the outer wing right out to Macaulay Rd. If you were to try and develop spectator seating, you couldn’t build a new stand on the outer wing without expensive work on that road.

Arden st was brilliant for 5k people to stand around in the sunshine for a preseason game but would you really want to play an AFL game with no seating, a single beer van and porta-loos? Potentially in bad weather?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The obvious reason is that there simply isn’t enough spectator space, even for a GC/GWS type crowd. The playing surface was enlarged so they could train on a docklands-sized oval which pushed the outer wing right out to Macaulay Rd. If you were to try and develop spectator seating, you couldn’t build a new stand on the outer wing without expensive work on that road.

Arden st was brilliant for 5k people to stand around in the sunshine for a preseason game but would you really want to play an AFL game with no seating, a single beer van and porta-loos? Potentially in bad weather?

It would require tens of millions and the acquisition of bordering lands.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
there is no time like the present:
Coach Scamper (My Little Geelong Cat)
10984.jpeg

Meows the following:

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've thought for a while now, that I reckon Eddie is a closet North fan. Usually speaks positively about us (and not in a patronizing way), and I rarely recall him bagging us.

Nah he'a master manipulator similar to say Saddam Hussein, who in his own words was a " peoples person", liked 'em so much he collected their heads. Eddie doesn't bag North because we don't get in his and the Coca cola Pies way.

He did try and get Good Friday for the Pies under the pretence " we'll see if it works". He knew he'd fill the MCG and then hand it over to say Nth V Dogs and then in his own subtle way say, it wasn't as successful and just maybe it would be best that the bigger clubs owned that day? Which would be a question that then gathered momentum via the media.
He'd walk away with the game and no blood on his hands. he's good I'll give him that.

A few years ago now he was very subtle about who should be playing on Friday nights. We haven't had many since.

If I knew Eddie I'd keep him very close, you all know the old saying?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I do know that a train station at Burwood is likely to commence in 2021. This will be a line extension of course ( Glen Waverly) and heading somewhere North or West, must say I wasn't really listening during the meeting. Yeah I know right.

But I also know that Deakin are in talks with the local Council about building a huge sporting precinct at the Burwood Campus. They have already built an exact replica of the MCG at Waurn Ponds. And are about to start building a substantial grandstand there.

I do wonder whether that's an opportunity for us to play some games, although the houses on the West side may stop that from eventuating.

Waurn Ponds Geelong
1573346689069.png

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Day 1: Dismantle the gender quota stupidity:

I agree. Quotas are amongst the most racist/sexist practices for an institution to enact. People should be hired based on their ability to perform the job, not because an institution wants to score brownie points. Quotas are the soft bigotry of low expectations. Quotas do nothing but potentially hurt an organisation, if they pass up on more qualified individuals, for the sake of race/gender. Hopefully the club chose Ben for the right reasons.

I agree. Quotas are amongst the most racist/sexist practices for an institution to enact. People should be hired based on their ability to perform the job, not because an institution wants to score brownie points. Quotas are the soft bigotry of low expectations. Quotas do nothing but potentially hurt an organisation, if they pass up on more qualified individuals, for the sake of race/gender. Hopefully the club chose Ben for the right reasons.
what you should notice is the link has nothing to do with north, because I'm pretty sure every god damned time this comes up, the last point that is made is that we don't have quotas.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
what you should notice is the link has nothing to do with north, because I'm pretty sure every god damned time this comes up, the last point that is made is that we don't have quotas.
My point in regards to North, was that the appointment of Ben Amarfio could be perceived by some supporters as having an ulterior motive, amongst other appointments that have been scrutinised for similar reasons. I’m just hoping that in regards to the club, there is no ulterior motive in the hiring process. Fortunately, in regards to Ben, it appears that he has experience in the sporting industry, working amongst the top dogs at AFL House and Cricket Australia. So any suspicions I may or may not have are essentially nonexistent.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The gender equality action plan does not have anything to do with quota or diversity hiring

It's about equal opportunity i.e if you are the best fit for the job you get it.

Back