List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not exactly good business practice either to be telling one of your major sources of funding to GAGF I would’ve thought.

The majority of us want to get out but there are ways to go about it.

Yet people seem to be genuinely aggrieved that he didn't issue comms at the end of his 1st day on a very senior new job boldly rejecting Tasmania and declaring an array of aggressive strategic goals?!

If Ben, means what he says he will make a world of difference..

Know somebody that worked closely with him at CA and was not very complementary. Held himself above other staff. Had his PA cook him a hot breakfast each morning! Bit much!

Know somebody that worked closely with him at CA and was not very complementary. Held himself above other staff. Had his PA cook him a hot breakfast each morning! Bit much!
She happily cooked for him a few times and he would buy her lunch in return or bring in home cooked food, hell the ladies at my work cook for the boss all the time , they like him and want him to eat well.
Funny how the media paints its own narrative for both Amarfio and north but as a supporter you're probably aware of that 😊

Last edited:

This has gone beyond cliche.

Fwiw positive first impressions are the smoke signals I've come across.

Sorry to tell you but the person you know at CA must be an out of touch asshat - everyone knows about the breakfast thing, and his reputation among his team was actually very good - they love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Shinboner of the Century is returning to the Board in the New Year. Apparently the great man has been displeased with some recent developments, including the AFL's involvement in installing one of their own as CEO.

He can have a hot breakfast at the club.

Some of the gripes about him are a bit much tbh, if the PA didn't want to do it then take it up with him or quit, if you do it and bitch about it then it is kind of pathetic.

Hearing Shinboner of the Century is returning to the Board in the New Year. Apparently the great man has been displeased with some recent developments, including the AFL's involvement in installing one of their own as CEO.

So far David Loader is the only current or former person at the club you haven't potted.

Interesting.

He can have a hot breakfast at the club.

Some of the gripes about him are a bit much tbh, if the PA didn't want to do it then take it up with him or quit, if you do it and bitch about it then it is kind of pathetic.

Can we put this misinterpreted story to bed?

The real story is that his PA used to make him breakfast occasionally, I understand that it was for both because he would bring in lunch or buy lunch for them.

It was a thing they did - not a powerful man forcing an ‘underling’ to make him breakfast because he can.

It was blown out of proportion and this board continues to do so.

If Glenn returning doesn't eventuate, by all means, go your hardest.
But hang on, Archer has had massive, highly publicised involvement with many of our appointments, and done so hand in glove with the chairman.

But seeing him back on the board would be proof that your assertion is correct that he's pissed off at the CEO appointment?

Who is he pissed off at about it? The rest of the board? The chairman? So how is he getting back on to the board?

I'm not sure what you're playing at Rusty, but along with the Hall crap from today, this is a *ing weird trolling effort.

Unless I missed it, I find it strange that Ben hasn't done any sort of video interview yet. I saw the initial announcement with quotes from him but no video or radio interview. I know we've had the draft and other bits and pieces - and he's probably finding his feet - but that is very curious to me.

Unless I missed it, I find it strange that Ben hasn't done any sort of video interview yet. I saw the initial announcement with quotes from him but no video or radio interview. I know we've had the draft and other bits and pieces - and he's probably finding his feet - but that is very curious to me.

This was posted on the club website 3 days ago.

North Melbourne CEO Ben Amarfio has kicked off the club’s AFLW Community Camp in Hobart with a strong speech reiterating the Kangaroos’ commitment to the southern-most state.

In front of the entire North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos’ squad and coaches, Amarfio underlined the work the club had been doing since it began playing games at Blundstone Arena in 2012.

“As CEO, I want to reaffirm North Melbourne’s support for the state, talent pathways and in particular, women’s football,” Amarfio stated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back