List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Specifically why is this bullshit and what about the CEOs experience is so good that you don't object to it?

Everybody has had their bad experiences ferb, what makes Ben's so worthy of a newspaper spread?

It wouldn't be it's current political currency by any chance, would it?

I hope Ben gets over it.

Everybody has had their bad experiences ferb, what makes Ben's so worthy of a newspaper spread?

I hope Ben gets over it.

I always “get” the thread of where you’re coming from Snake and I agree with you on plenty of things. However, reading through this article in the HS, I thought it was very genuine and from the heart, without a whiff of whinging. Ben strikes me as a straight shooter who faces things head-on, like his mother. His approach to life seems to me to be in keeping with Jed’s approach to football. Between Scamper, Ben, Brady, Zoohar!!!, Jy, Jed & Ben10, our club is starting to resemble a focussed arrow.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I always “get” the thread of where you’re coming from Snake and I agree with you on plenty of things. However, reading through this article in the HS, I thought it was very genuine and from the heart, without a whiff of whinging. Ben strikes me as a straight shooter who faces things head-on, like his mother. His approach to life seems to me to be in keeping with Jed’s approach to football. Between Scamper, Ben, Brady, Zoohar!!!, Jy, Jed & Ben10, our club is starting to resemble a focussed arrow.

Fair enough mate.

I hope he gets over it and lives happily ever after.

Brilliant and very true But, also....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally, I love that Ben has shared that story. Feel like I know a bit more about him and in a good way, other than the “make me breakfast” stories.
He even feels “more” North Melbourne.

Yep, same for me. I found the Ron Casey bit interesting, wouldn't mind some more details on that.

Also, in light of the BLM movement protesting modern day racism we have a bloke relating incidents that happened to him years ago as a young primary school kid and then as a teenager. I thought it was pretty clear that the point of this was to demonstrate that racism affects people of all ages and that it remains an issue today, just as it was decades ago.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Brilliant and very true But, also....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you want to cease divisions based upon race, then stop giving them oxygen.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That Morgan Freeman video doesn't disprove the mountain of evidence that society is divided by race.

Listen to others.

You're invested in the idea in order to prop up your politics, so I clearly wasn't posting that clip with your type in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personally, I love that Ben has shared that story. Feel like I know a bit more about him and in a good way, other than the “make me breakfast” stories.
He even feels “more” North Melbourne.
Me too. We've always been a club that's cherished the underdog. It's great that the club is supporting such an important cause. Great leadership from Amarfio displaying his vulnerability and setting an example by being prepared to speak out about his experiences. Should be a huge boon for recruitment also. Players will be flocking to us because the club stands for things that are much more important than football.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You’re more political than anyone here.
It's a sad indictment on our society that wanting to see an end to racism and police brutality against black people is viewed as 'being political'. Surely it's just about basic human decency and wanting a fairer society. The majority of people on both sides of politics would want to see that happen.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's sad that two old Aussie ladies could say something so cruel to young kid.
Some people are ignorant.

I also wonder if Andre Demetriou will volunteer an editorial when he was told to take his salami back to wog land by two old skip ladies

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Someone said some bad things to me 30+ years ago too.

I got over it.
If by that you mean that I understand it better, then unfortunately, you're probably correct.
Gotta say Snake, for a bloke who enjoys diagnosing others as narcissistic sociopaths, you show very little empathy and a very healthy opinion of your own intellectual superiority.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's sad that two old Aussie ladies could say something so cruel to young kid.
Some people are ignorant.

I also wonder if Andre Demetriou will volunteer an editorial when he was told to take his salami back to wog land by two old skip ladies

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Look yes there's been historic prejudices shown between ethnicities forever, but you can't say with a straight face that
take his salami back to wog land
Is anything similar to
Go back to the jungle you f---ing dirty n-----. That’s where you belong. You deserve that broken wrist

Not that it matters. One person's experience of vilification doesn't invalidate anothers.

As for Ben, jeez if that was me copping the side eye from people all my life I'd be pissed. Dunno if I'd be able to speak about it so candidly.

I hope Ben gets over it.
So you don't want black people talking about racist abuse in a climate that might put a stop to it.

Newspapers are full of s**t anyway, you only happen to object when they involve black people being positive about themselves.

Again.

Like you did when Maj and the other Sudo sportspeople went public and asked for less racist treatment by Australians, especially cops and government.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Gotta say Snake, for a bloke who enjoys diagnosing others as narcissistic sociopaths, you show very little empathy..........

Do you think this stuff might get a little tired after the millionth spotlighting?

Do you think shitty things are stated to every human being on the planet?

What makes their pain any less worthy of a full page newspaper spread?

You are being manipulated for a very narrow political purpose and to sell products.

........and a very healthy opinion of your own intellectual superiority.

Peoples stupidity and gullibility stuns me. Why do you think I get angry? Because I actually believe I am intellectually superior, or because I question why others can be so reactionary and gullible?

Ask yourself this:

Q) Would a person who truly believed they were intellectually superior, ever waste their time getting amped up about the stupidity of others?

A) NO! There would be no point to it. They would probably even take advantage of the situation.

The sad thing is that I may actually be intellectually ahead of the curve, and people I know in real life have stated as much, so if that is true, then all it fills me with is fear and trepidation, because then in my view the human race is supremely ****ed up. They are MUCH more backward than I ever gave them credit for being.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So you don't want black people talking about racist abuse in a climate that might put a stop to it.

Newspapers are full of sh*t anyway, you only happen to object when they involve black people being positive about themselves.

Again.

Like you did when Maj and the other Sudo sportspeople went public and asked for less racist treatment by Australians, especially cops and government.

Talk about it all you like, just make sure everyone else gets a front page spread about their negative experiences in life at the same time, otherwise you officially qualify as a racist.

If you want to cease divisions based upon race, then stop giving them oxygen.

That is one of the dumbest things you've said. Those divisions have been there for years. They are given Oxygen by the things that happen in that Rollins piece you obviously didn't read.

When things like race riots happen it's because those divisions have been given fuel and oxygen by the ongoing conditions of those peoples lives. I suspect you know this but just couldn't give a s**t. That's fine you can do that.

Just piss off out of civilised company tho.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That is one of the dumbest things you've said. Those divisions have been there for years. They are given Oxygen by the things that happen in that Rollins piece you obviously didn't read.

When things like race riots happen it's because those divisions have been given fuel and oxygen by the ongoing conditions of those peoples lives. I suspect you know this but just couldn't give a sh*t. That's fine you can do that.

Just piss off out of civilised company tho.

Again I should remind you that I believe you're genuinely stupid and I don't care for your views.

I'm not adding polish, it isn't some internet gamesmanship thing, it's my true view of your opinions. Every time you enter a discussion it plummets.

You're probably a nice bloke in the real world, but all I would ever want from you is directions to wherever I was going.

Why you feel the need to continually chime in on my discussions is a puzzling thing to me. I certainly direct very little content at you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back