List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t read the article as I can imagine the content . As someone bought up with white privilege . But who isn’t quite white , but has the most Irish of names. Racism is horrid and it really impacts when you’re a boy trying to find your way in life.
I so wanted to be white lol . Now I’m so glad I am who I am . My kids love being part Egyptian, they tell me I’m full, so they can claim half status.
So that tells me we’ve come a long way as a nation . We’ve still plenty of work to do.

I also do think and a great example is the Aaron Hall racism post . Every man and his dog will call out the racist behaviour for what it is , disgusting , we know it’s disgusting and 99 % of the population are disgusted .

But the 1%don’t care and will continue to be s**t people and it’ssad they they’ll never experience the diverse cultures around the world and learn from wonderful people . Their loss 🤷‍♂️.

we do give them far too much attention. That Instagram post got the exact response that peanut wanted . Ignore it where possible is my opinion.
Oh I can cook a mean Irish stew and hairy bacon 👍.
There are many that say we empower racism and those people aren’t white .
🤷‍♂️.

spot farkin' on; imagine trying to raise money in this environment? Outstanding result - Zac Williams, come on down, we got the wellbeing plan for you

"come on down Zac, we'll look after your wellbeing. Take no note of those irrelevant injury list and medical team stuff, have you seen our sponsors?" :p

Does anyone else find Ben’s absence a bit strange? I would have thought he might have done at least one of the interviews that Buckley has done or said a few words at the Syd. I have possibly just missed his input.
Was just a significant part of the Members Q&A on the club website.

Gotta say I was reserved on him coming in with all the negative stuff about his attitude I had heard, but he was fantastic in this Q&A, highly engaging, charismatic and open.

Comfortable now with the decision.

Gotta say I was reserved on him coming in with all the negative stuff about his attitude I had heard, but he was fantastic in this Q&A, highly engaging, charismatic and open.

Yep I watched it and he came across really well. He has conducted himself admirably whenever I have seen him which is why I found his abscence strange when everything was going poorly. Strangely Collingwood said something about a media ban that led to their current situation getting out of hand in the media. Has there been some sort of edict passed down by AFL house that has prevented clubs speaking out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I watched it and he came across really well. He has conducted himself admirably whenever I have seen him which is why I found his abscence strange when everything was going poorly. Strangely Collingwood said something about a media ban that led to their current situation getting out of hand in the media. Has there been some sort of edict passed down by AFL house that has prevented clubs speaking out?
I think that’s more Collingwood giving their Wheel of Excuses a fair old workout.

I think Collingwoods current predicament is a good idea why.

He was at risk of making supporters more upset.

Best to say nothing when in a bad situation imo.

Then open up when ready both supporter and internally.

That negativity was based on a breakfast joke with staff taken out of context completely by the media.

His new boss wanted him gone as a threat, and ironically this same boss now sacked a short term after.

More of Cricket Aust being a complete joke than anything to do with Amarfio.

Last edited:
That negativity was based on a breakfast joke with staff taken out of context completely by the media.

His new boss wanted him gone as a threat, and ironically this same boss now sacked a short term after.

More of Cricket Aust being a complete joke than anything to do with Amarfio.
That's good to know!

Thanks for the info.

Well I don't think Amarfio is going to help solve that problem, he's doesn't football.

Not sure about this. I probably would have gone with Sticks. Better the devil you know and all that..
Hard to find anything positive about this bloke related to his former AFL and ACB career. If he is the chosen one I am hoping he can channel his strengths for good. We need a ballsy leader who can stand up for the club and maybe he can do that. I don't know - easy to be influenced by all the negative reports but lets see what he can deliver. Need a statement from him early re Tassy and Arden Street futures.
Interesting going back to page 1 of this thread

so 3 years in the job which we considered mark brayshaw for before going for amarfio

How do we evaluate the ceo

Is he the right guy

With the s**t that’s going on I’d like to see an external independent full club review

How would we know? He could be the greatest CEO of all time but all we can see is the on field performance.

Spose that’s why audits are important. Keep everyone honest, but then who’s to know if the auditors are any good?

I think AFL has become too self important. End of the day, kick goals>win games >win flags > profit

To put it politely, where the * is this bloke?

Funky Carl was one of the more inconspicuous CEO's in the AFL, but even he popped up from time to time, but we've somehow replaced him with a guy who I've probably heard from 3 times publically in his entire tenure at the club? Most of the time rolled out for good news stuff like the Laidley stuff.

It's insane that Rawlings is appearing as the face of the club as Footy Boss, List Manager, PR Manager and quazi- CEO at once at the moment. It reminds me of when Silvagni got run out of Carlton by the media and the pressure, despite just being the list manager at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back