Ben Brown Staging

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpires will let ruckmen grapple if both ruckman choose to. When one ruckman is trying to run and jump at the ball and the other looks at him and moves to block his run the umpire usually pays it.

And yes, BBB put a bit of mayo on it which I didnt particularly like.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have said many of times.Until the AFL make the umps full time these type of decisions will continue.
Gillon McLaughlins bonus should just about cover the costs.
The guy insists he can't do a competent job on a measly $2 million + a year. He needs massive bonuses to motivate him. Even then he fails miserably.

I remember seeing a Goodes one against the Tigers where he threw his arms up and thrust himself forward like he'd been shot. Got a free. The replay showed the Richmond player was meters away.

There's this classic one by goodes against the tiges. Occurs between 3.20-3.40, not as good as Browns pike with the somersault and mctwist but still pretty special

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember seeing a Goodes one against the Tigers where he threw his arms up and thrust himself forward like he'd been shot. Got a free. The replay showed the Richmond player was meters away.
No it didn't, it showed he got hit in the face by a trailing hand of a player going the other way.

I look forward to the howls ... no it is Essendon supporters we are talking about here ... SQUEALS of anguish on Friday night when Ben, having got separation from Hooker is felled by a blow from behind from the great dolt and justly awarded the free kick.

I can just see it now, the male figures in their sub-Carl Williams fashion sense screeching "dive", their partners, failed MAFS entrants they are looking up from their phones for once, the imbecile children trying to overcome the calming effects of the medication they are on with endless gulps of coke and Monster squealing "baaaaaaaaalll" as soon as any North player is tackled without any reference to the actual context of play.
Many squeals.
None of anguish
Cool story tho

I look forward to the howls ... no it is Essendon supporters we are talking about here ... SQUEALS of anguish on Friday night when Ben, having got separation from Hooker is felled by a blow from behind from the great dolt and justly awarded the free kick.

I can just see it now, the male figures in their sub-Carl Williams fashion sense screeching "dive", their partners, failed MAFS entrants they are looking up from their phones for once, the imbecile children trying to overcome the calming effects of the medication they are on with endless gulps of coke and Monster squealing "baaaaaaaaalll" as soon as any North player is tackled without any reference to the actual context of play.
SociableLastFowl-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a pack that went up at one stage and he was right in the middle of it but instead of putting his arms up he looked like he was cowering from the contact with his hands near his head. If he'd put his arms up and looked at the ball he'd probably have taken it. He'd definitely have got hands to it first. Just bizarre.

Very first ruck contest he went to do the same thing and clearly remembered he'd been called out during the week and stopped mid flop.

Very first ruck contest he went to do the same thing and clearly remembered he'd been called out during the week and stopped mid flop.
The funnier thing was that he was trying to do it from behind too.

The funnier thing was that he was trying to do it from behind too.
Got halfway through his flop and suddenly straightened up fine.

Was rather amusing.

In all seriousness he was more paranoid about his opponent tonight than launching for the footy. He's a powerful tall bloke and he plays with no presence. Was constantly throwing his body forward everytime it wasn't on a platter for him. He needs to jump and stay strong, focus on the ******* ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back