Ben Brown Staging

This is the ugly truth of the matter, right here.

Go back and watch Ben Brown's career, and the amount of illegal holds/blocks/infringements that go un-called on him is astounding.
(Yes, I know "every" key-forward feels this way at times, but Brown copped it worse than any of them).

Then around early 2018 he started 'exaggerating' the illegal contacts a bit, and he finally started getting some justice.

It sucks, but as Tas said it's just one symptom of the overall much bigger issue that is the unacceptable standard of professional umpiring within the AFL.

Exactly - I've still seen Brown miss x100 more frees than he's got.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And at least Lloyd was a multi-time Coleman Medalist and All-Australian. Even though he played for free kicks, he was still an overall great of the game and gave a lot back.

Brown won't ever be considered a great of the game. Staging for free kicks will be his legacy.

so being a better player made it ok for him to stage for free kicks, but not someone else ?

just checking, because your statement looks a lot like Hypocrisy

I’ve never defended Hird, would just like to know what Watson tested positive for. You seem up and about! Ahh yes it’s your grand final week !

Keep them coming.

Did you use a proper tradie trollie when you took the signs to the ground that time?

That's from 5 years ago champ, hence my comment teams have figured out how to play against this one trick pony

We will see on Friday won't we?

Man, the hatred in this thread is real if a legitimate discussion on the unscrupulous practices of a key forward is detailed into a shitfest of ancient history. We don't even have a rivalry with you guys which makes this all the more bizarre

We will see on Friday won't we?
Will you go with all the big mean Essendon supporters being there? Would hate for the Nathan flashbacks to kick in your PTSD

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
What is there to "defend"?

Nothing.

Some hack player trying to get a media career makes some big claim, cretins on the internet respond accordingly.

I mean, if we're talking disgraces to the game, Conor Mckenna, who BIT a player will be out there on Friday no?

Biting another player is a bit worse than some "staging" accusation

and deflect

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
North outplayed us, we are a train wreck. This isn't about the result.

This is about the fabric of the game and the umpires are destroying it.

Brown flops constantly and is rewarded. He gets a free for being a weak piece of s**t in the ruck.

Bloke runs into the back of Talia, and the umpire calls a block. How? Talia can't disappear, he didnt change his line, he just stopped. Now we can guess his intention was to take contact but if we applied that across the code then deliberate out of bounds would be paid almost always.

The AFL needs to stamp out this s**t not only to save the game from becoming a soccerlike product but also to safeguard the umpires on game day. If you know that you might get a goal tonight for a flop but youll be on the sidelines next week then it'll stop the behaviour quickly.

How anyone can respect a Brown or a Rance or Selwood is beyond me, they are essentially just cheaters and seek to destroy the game.

That Talia one was a joke.

And Brown is a cheat.

As for Selwood, well Joel has been at it for years. I am surprised he hasn't snapped his neck the way he throws his head back upon the slightest contact. And Scott is no better.

Every comment of his in the past few pages has been classic whataboutism or Ad hominem attacks. He has no legitimate arguments so he just dregs up the past and as you rightly said, tries to deflect from the issue at hand.

There's nothing to deflect from.

If he were staging, the AFL would take action as they have in the past.

There's nothing to deflect from.

If he were staging, the AFL would take action as they have in the past.
So players are only guilty of something if HQ say they are?

Goddard put it best.

Not going to defend Brown's antics, but im not sure the faux outrage is proportionate to reality. Suppose it's a bit like Rance that he puts in a few obvious layers of mayo, media highlights it, then social media goes off like a firecracker.

While im all for men showing their emotions, I did find it amusing the recent criticism came from a guy who was a leader at his former club, walked out on them, the broke down in tears all because he had just played against them.

Not going to defend Brown's antics, but im not sure the faux outrage is proportionate to reality. Suppose it's a bit like Rance that he puts in a few obvious layers of mayo, media highlights it, then social media goes off like a firecracker.

While im all for men showing their emotions, I did find it amusing the recent criticism came from a guy who was a leader at his former club, walked out on them, the broke down in tears all because he had just played against them.
Agree that it's a bit like Rance. He really should get it out of his game.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Are we talking about the possible outcome of injecting experimental substances into players during a team-wide doping program?

Such as the one instigated by James Hird that resulted in 34 Essendon players being suspended for 12 months?
let's forget the deflection; are you condoning this action by Brown?

Back