Ben Brown - The Biggest Liability in the Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Useless once the ball hits the deck. Wouldn't get a game at a club that wasn't surviving off handouts.

GTFO you clown.
87% of his possessions come from sympathy frees, and the rest from marks on the lead.

Should be reported for time wasting every time he has a set shot. And he's ugly.

87% of his possessions come from sympathy frees, and the rest from marks on the lead.

Should be reported for time wasting every time he has a set shot. And he's ugly.

All points 100% valid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could use a tall forward. Or 2.

I dunno.

The General only has to lift his possession numbers by 50% and his tackle rate by 400% and he'll be making strides towards being as good a player for Hawthorn as Vickery was. You'd also like to see Patton get a lot closer to Tyrone's contested/uncontested rate, but baby steps first.

I dunno.

The General only has to lift his possession numbers by 50% and his tackle rate by 400% and he'll be making strides towards being as good a player for Hawthorn as Vickery was. You'd also like to see Patton get a lot closer to Tyrone's contested/uncontested rate, but baby steps first.

You have high expectations for a Future 4th round pick with bad knees.

Carlton had 5 number 1 Draft picks on the weekend and got spanked.

Well that was uncalled for.

I was just trying to support your own conclusion.

Which begs a question or two...

We have salary cap available, and limited draft picks as Clarko doesnt want to visit the bottom of the ladder.

Mitchell Lewis is slowly developing - but the lack of Reserves games makes it very tough for "almost there" type players and players returning from injury (which is doubly tough for him because he is both).

So we see who is out of contract or unhappy and wanting to move and go for the best available. Without offering North Melbourne type contracts.

Until then we rely on O'Brien and Patton and anyone else we can get our hands on.

We have salary cap available, and limited draft picks as Clarko doesnt want to visit the bottom of the ladder.

Well perhaps it might be time for Clarko, or somebody else, to give mature consideration to history.

Which tells us that more than a few clubs have believed that endlessly topping up is not only possible, but cleverer than the rest.

To date, every single one has failed spectacularly. And the longer they've held disaster off, the worse the disaster is.

Well perhaps it might be time for Clarko, or somebody else, to give mature consideration to history.

Which tells us that more than a few clubs have believed that endlessly topping up is not only possible, but cleverer than the rest.

To date, every single one has failed spectacularly. And the longer they've held disaster off, the worse the disaster is.

I dont think visiting the bottom works that well either. Some clubs have been down there for decades.

But this is drifting off topic. I still think Brown would be worth going for if the Roos cant meet his wants.

I dont think visiting the bottom works that well either. Some clubs have been down there for decades.

But this is drifting off topic. I still think Brown would be worth going for if the Roos cant meet his wants.

depends how you look at it. since 1999 every club besides gold coast has at least played off in a grand final which suggests there is some merit in bottoming out and rebuilding via the draft.

Ben Brown is what Mason Cox would be if he had a bit more experience and footy nous. Except Cox would still have one more iconic performance.

Can someone dig up that stat of the top goalkickers from last year (Brown, Hawkins, Cameron, Lynch) with the amount of score assists each had. Single digits for Ben from memory. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back