News Ben Cousins - turning his life around

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope it works, his mum and dad deserve some good news for a change.

Ben goes off the rails
Daughter marries an ex-Dockers player

Som families just can't catch a break :(

All for giving someone a 2nd chance. Even a 3rd.

But not a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th....

I don't understand why the club would go down this path, after trying for so long to put the dark past behind it.

Again, Happy to be wrong!
Very good points.
However, I hope it pisses every other club right off, and I hope it benefits us and Cuzzy bro to the max. How awesome wouild it be if we win a flag and Cuzzy was partly responsible. The league and Australia would be spewin'! :thumbsu::D

While all this sounds good - 'How are 'we & the Club' going to react if there is a relapse and the WCE brand is attached to a fall from grace?"

Hopefully the board has explored all possibilities in making this decision.

But more importantly hopefully BC can get the wheels back on and head in the right direction.

While all this sounds good - 'How are 'we & the Club' going to react if there is a relapse and the WCE brand is attached to a fall from grace?"

Hopefully the board has explored all possibilities in making this decision.

But more importantly hopefully BC can get the wheels back on and head in the right direction.
I think the public's attitude towards the issue is different now than it was 10 years ago. Not only that, I think it's obvious that we are trying to help. It would be completely different if the players were going out with him and getting bent and we turned a blind eye to that. I'm sure the players and staff have been given a run down of situations.

I think the club is thinking of Cousins and his welfare rather than themselves and their image for once. Cousins is far less likely to fall back into his old ways if he has a job to go into straight out of prison, it keeps him occupied, gives him a bit of purpose to his life and also gives him the support of people around the club to fall back on. This could potentially save his life. Not sure what makes it dangerous other than the fact that it gives the media and other teams fans a bit more ammo to fire our way, but at the end of the day who gives a s**t what they think?

This 100%. There's been a lot of talk that the club failed the players back then, this is in a small part making amends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jako was on SEN the other day talking about how the club has tried to do a lot to help him, but more so behind scenes. This just might be the first time the media and us fans know of us trying to help him.
I remember it mentioned a while back we have offered help before. Even a possible role in the club. Ben just wasn't interested

The media want him to fail because they get half their viewership/readership from stories they get by chasing the poor guy around. The media don't give a **** about anyone or anything except their own self interests and society is all the worse for it.

not happy about this whatsoever. What happens if sh!!t hits the fan? Will WCE club be tarnished? We are moving in here.

How can the club be tarnished? Why wouldn't fans be happy about this?

They've given a lifeline to a club great, after being criticized they haven't done enough to help with his rehabilitation in the past.

If it all goes pear shaped i doubt it's going to have any sort of negative effect on the club, given it's such a small role. At least they're trying.

WC cop it for not doing anything and now cop it for doing something.. Cant win.

Great idea for the club to reach out and give it a shot considering they are probably the most equipped club to do so.

I highly doubt he will be interacting with the playing group any time soon and maybe part of his recovery is to return to the club he damaged and make some amends?

Always knew he'd make a come back!!? Seriously, well done to the club, gives him a group to be with, a program, a routine and some kind of life he's been used to for so long. If he falls off the rails again, can't judge him as a recovering addict.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back