Ben Cousins, arrested again.

Remove this Banner Ad

) I.m surprised he has a car, last I heard he was living out of a shopping trolley

2) Home = car

3) Just popped out for some fresh air and fell asleep, as you do
A drug addicted parent is homeless & you believe its a matter to joke about?Well, scobbo thought you were funny. Speaks volumes about your & scrobbo's social conscience & understanding.

Amazes me how many people still try and defend this bloke...he thought he was invincible when younger and this is what happens, he made terrible decisions and choices and is paying for it.

Stop feeling sorry for Ben people. Feel sorry for his kids, his ex partner and his mother and father. They're the people who have been through absolute h*ll thanks to Ben and his actions over the years.

This is the s**t that leads to senior coppers asking people to think whether “he might have been driven to it”.
Good point. I posted Sky news reported yesterday that the Breach DVO/VRO charges were dropped which adds credibility to what you have written. Anyone who see's this as victim blaming, feel free to argue your point with WAPOL.

Good point. I posted Sky news reported yesterday that the Breach DVO/VRO charges were dropped which adds credibility to what you have written. Anyone who see's this as victim blaming, feel free to argue your point with WAPOL.
Yes. Ben is the victim in all of this. Definitely.

I'm guessing his old man and mother have given up on Ben years ago.

No parent ever (or almost ever) gives up on their child. They have probably withdrawn however until he puts his hand up and really wants help. Until he does so, he has no chance of recovery. You need to recognise you need help...not sure he's there yet. And may never be. Many a drug addict who has passed away due to not being able to give up their drugs.

The courts sometimes get it wrong with regards to family law and how restrictive they are with fathers.

They have not in this case, he should never be allowed near his kids until he can prove he is no longer drug dependent, sadly that looks like never, he clearly cannot beat this horrible addiction, and it's only going to end badly for him.

A drug addicted parent is homeless & you believe its a matter to joke about?Well, scobbo thought you were funny. Speaks volumes about your & scrobbo's social conscience & understanding.

Cousins is the joke here mate, the same bloke who used to beat the mother of his children, who sent her 2000 text messages over a 2 month period, and called her 100 times in a single day

She was so fearful of him she once had to seek refuge in a womens shelter with the kids.

You talk of social conscience and understand yet here you are in this thread victim blaming

bigfooty 101, play the ball son not the man

What are you trying to say Chief? You're not doing a very good job making a clear & relevant comment in your reply.
I'm saying you're falling all over yourself to excuse someone who has been excused non-stop for many years.

There's a point where compassion can become unbridled credulity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The courts sometimes get it wrong with regards to family law and how restrictive they are with fathers.

They have not in this case, he should never be allowed near his kids until he can prove he is no longer drug dependent, sadly that looks like never, he clearly cannot beat this horrible addiction, and it's only going to end badly for him.
I am surprised he is still alive actually. I thought it was going to be even more grim than it already has been. If he had not been in jail at all he probably would have been over I suspect.

I don't think you can establish a sane reason now why Ben is like he is, I've seen ice addicts and they are flat out mental cases. Its more like shaking your fist at the clouds than blaming the industry.

It's very reasonable to have concerns about the children in this "high profile case" however the overwhelming majority of those expressing concerns show an ignorance of procedures in Family Law/Domestic Violence, are judgemental, lack empathy & appear to me to have a lynch mob (no offence to the "Lynch Mob" Brisbane Supporters Group) mentality.
I know the bloke and tell him the exact same thing I’m writing here. Like many others we have tried to help him, tell him home truths offer work and like so many before us have failed. Drugs win. Don’t preach empathy here like you are some medium who can read people’s intentions over the net.
If you’ve heard his festering and angst you would shut up talking shite. You’ve already been told what he threatened to do to his missus and how his children formed part of this sick plan but try and find some justification why it is alright. When is that ever alright? Domestic violence isn’t just copping a belting, it is mental to.
‘Bravo for you if your children turned out alright. They had a father that was obviously there for them. Cousin’s children don’t and the sad fact is he puts drugs in front of them. I don’t need a family law court to tell me that. There is but no excuse and here you are thinking Cousins threatens his missus on the quiet. The children hear. The children remember.
Dads are dads and we all admire/love our dads from the beginning. I know my boys do me (fingers crossed) it is unconditional. Cousins kids love him to. That doesn’t mean he deserves it. Rather he abuses it and he himself is destroying that special bond...because drugs are more important. And this sort of paternal commitment turns children against their fathers (and a-hole mothers) for good reason. His kids will remember and won’t just be alright after this drama (if it does) finishes. They will be growing up in a freak show environment and the media will make sure of that and Cousins.
You need to find a new barrow to push....

I'm guessing his old man and mother have given up on Ben years ago.
Don’t think they ever will.
Ben on the other hand ‘Bryan this, Bryan that.’ We know it’s the drugs talking and is sad to hear.
He idolised his old man and deep down still does. It is always good when they are happy in each other’s company.

I was of the understanding that Cousins had been charged & punished for breaching a DVO. Today I saw a report on Sky News that the charges Cousins faced in relation to the mentioned alleged breaches of a DVO were dropped by WAPOL. This gives me the impression that Cousins reported unacceptable texts to his ex were part of an episode of "Cross Domestic Violence" or "Baiting by his ex" & Cousins Lawyers were able to make a persuasive argument for the charges to be dropped in the Public Interest. If Cousins & his ex do commit acts of Domestic Violence against each other, your ignorant standpoint would require the children in this case to be put into either State care or the care of a Family Member, which who knows, may be a good solution for the children. If you were better informed you would be aware in the worst of these type of situations The Family Court (normaly at the request of Human Services-Child Safety) make orders for Intensive Parenting Orders (read : they would both have DOCS up their behinds). This is aimed to assist the parents raising their children in a safe & acceptable way. Our Courts appear of the opinion that it is a very serious action to separate children from their parents & I agree with this opinion. Our Courts have what they deem to be better options for the children available in many cases. I have posted previously in this thread an insight into how Human Services Child Safety operate when it comes to emotional & psychological abuse, maybe you ought read it.

Your so pious, how about you write a letter of complaint to The WAPOL Department of Public Prosecutions, The Family Court of WA & Human Services-Child Safety.

As I am vocal on this issue, rather than have viewpoints attributed to me which are false, I will state my viewpoint clearly. I believe Domestic, Family & Associated Domestic Violence is abhorrent & unacceptable. I believe whilst the system are probably doing the best they can, the system is under funded in the face of the levels of Family Dysfunction, Family Violence & particularly Associated Domestic Violence. Is that clear enough for you?

You seem like you are a men's rights sort of person, complaining about how women have it easy and men are demonised within society.

You're right. The Courts sometimes get it wrong, usually that mistake is corrected during proceedings. Our Courts correctly err on the side of caution when making Orders to protect children in Family Court matters. In reality the Courts undertaking to act in the best interest of the children necessitates restriction of a Fathers access to his children & visa versa. This restriction can be eased during proceedings once the Court is satisfied that there is no immediate risk to the children.
I myself once had parental access restricted to once a week at a very expensive contact centre (Av.$350p/w) due to false allegations of meth use falsely alleged by the Mother in Family Court. I was shattered as were the children. Still, I agree the Courts decision for me to submit a clean drug test ($100 a pop) before my children could have the access they needed with their Father. I also thought it wise of the Court to Order random drug testing on 24hr's notice, in such cases where such serious allegations are made this is a wise move. These tests took over $500 away from my children & allowed me to immediately regain parental access. When the false allegation was made, I asked my solicitor to request the Judge Order hair follicle testing & if it was conclusively proven that the allegations were false, the Mother bear my testing costs & be held accountable for making her false accusation in the Court. My solicitor looked at me & said "Can't you see, the Court is packed, the Judge is hot under the collar, it's not wise to raise anything right now OK."

There is but no excuse and here you are thinking Cousins threatens his missus on the quiet. The children hear. The children remember.
I acknowledged that if the children did hear threats then it would be a different matter in the Courts and have stated my position as a person who is unaware of such details. Please refrain from falsely stating what my thoughts are.

What are you trying to say Chief? You're not doing a very good job making a clear & relevant comment in your reply.

get off your high horse with self righteous crap. Just because you’ve had a bad family experience doesn’t mean you get to throw the family courts book & procedures at anyone in here who has an opinion contrary to you.

Yes I laugh at cousins bemusingly, because he is indeed a joke of human who’s been given all the love & support in the world to prove otherwise, yet continues to s**t in the face of everyone who gave a stuff about him. I hope for his family’s sake they’ve cut him off & live a life (if it’s at all possible) resembling some happiness.

He’s a lying, scheming dead s**t that doesn’t deserve to have children, let alone have the responsibility of caring for anything that doesn’t pertain to himself. Parenting’s a privilege, not a hobby & sadly he doesn’t qualify no matter how much you try & polish this turd.

Last edited:
All I got out of Basil's interview is his brain has turned to mush, and he cant operate without being on the gear anymore.

I'm actually amazed he's still alive to be honest. I've had family members lost to drugs and the levels needed over time increase steadily over the years to dangerous levels. Overdosing becomes just surety at some point albeit unintentional.

I feel really bad for his parents/kids/former partner etc. I've stopped feeling sorry for Ben himself. His parents threw everything at him to get him right and he knocked it back. Sorry to say I think his window for redemption closed years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back