Ben Cousins, arrested again.

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose if nothing else each time he gets arrested it's another opportunity to clubs to talk to their players and point out that it doesn't matter how hotshit you are at footy, how much free time you have, how much free cash you have, or what your 'mates' say - DO NOT TAKE METH.

Sadly, Cousins is now a garden variety junkie who wreaks havoc every now and again. I doubt that he endangers his children. He and the children's mother need to sort it out. One thing is certain though. The Family Court of Western Australia is an unhelpful cesspit so rule that out. It is sad for the children's mother because she would have had no idea of Cousins' potential to slide into junkiedom, not.

I'm from Victoria, not WA. But I am familiar with the risks to children from addicts in the household. Which is why I have zero tolerance for Ben Cousins' continual hectoring of his former partner, and attempts to impose his issues on his children.
Your situation explains your position. It would be infinitely easier for you if the non custodial father just disappeared and refrained from (in your words) "continual hectoring of his former partner". Is it fair for any children to be separated (contrary to a parenting plan) from either of their parents. I'd say a parent who withholds lawful contact agreed upon in a parenting plan or contrary to Court Orders ought be held accountable with criminal charges. Your initial question geared around child protection & was rubbish. It turns out you would find it convenient for children to be forced to have no Father. Your standpoint has nothing to do whatsoever with children's rights as you purported to represent. You now just appear to be selfish & self serving as such you jump on the "Zero tolerance train", "join a Lynch Mob" & demonize the actual Father of those children. You're a piece of work you are.

Your situation explains your position. It would be infinitely easier for you if the non custodial father just disappeared and refrained from (in your words) "continual hectoring of his former partner". Is it fair for any children to be separated (contrary to a parenting plan) from either of their parents. I'd say a parent who withholds lawful contact agreed upon in a parenting plan or contrary to Court Orders ought be held accountable with criminal charges. Your initial question geared around child protection & was rubbish. It turns out you would find it convenient for children to be forced to have no Father. Your standpoint has nothing to do whatsoever with children's rights as you purported to represent. You now just appear to be selfish & self serving as such you jump on the "Zero tolerance train", "join a Lynch Mob" & demonize the actual Father of those children. You're a piece of work you are.

For heavens sake. We get it, you are a "Men's Rights" advocate who believes women in society have it easy and it is in fact the men that are persecuted.

So you could have done with a Father around to protect you, yet you're part of the Lynch Mob against a Father. Yeah you're f’ed up alright. This "do everyone a favour" & damnation rubbish is a fraud also. Eight separate posters have liked my posts on this topic. Try therapy.

I don't think I have ever said this before but I think you should be banned from this forum. Your views are truly despicable. How anyone could read the above story and then think "well, if they had a father around then there would not be an issue" is truly insane and hateful.

I don't think I have ever said this before but I think you should be banned from this forum. Your views are truly despicable. How anyone could read the above story and then think "well, if they had a father around then there would not be an issue" is truly insane and hateful.
Ben Cousins has been an adult and able to make his own decisions for a while, the same decision making process signed terms with both West Coast and Richmond... How many sponsorship deals and endorsements did this troubled soul make? In my teens I was a total a-hole and very spoilt, and now I am very much changed, but then we are all different and obviously Ben didn't have anyone around him to say, you're being a dick!!!

I was a dick and I made the change.

Ben Cousins has been an adult and able to make his own decisions for a while, the same decision making process signed terms with both West Coast and Richmond... How many sponsorship deals and endorsements did this troubled soul make? In my teens I was a total a-hole and very spoilt, and now I am very much changed, but then we are all different and obviously Ben didn't have anyone around him to say, you're being a dick!!!

I was a dick and I made the change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your level of wrong is almost indescribable and would be amusing if it wasn't nauseating.

The Ice addict boyfriend of my mum raped me repeatedly and then finally beat me almost to death while high, resulting in me being in care from 12 until I aged out.
Huge respect to you. Coming through something like that can’t be easy and here you are being awesome.
It is so sad to read but you keep up the good fight you are doing yourself proud, your resilience is incredible.
👍💪👊

Extracts from the 2008 ‘Gillard Report’ into the Eagles:

The scheduled conduct which occurred between 2001 and April 2007 and which is summarised in schedule 2 to the report and which I set out earlier in chronological sequence, shows a level of misconduct at the Club during this period which was the worst of any Club In the AFL. Some of the conduct constitutes serious breaches of the criminal law. The list reveals three repeat offenders whose records were appalling.
….

My investigation revealed that some players were observed in 1998 and 2000 taking drugs. The latter incident was reported to the then Chairman who it is alleged put in train an investigation which failed to substantiate any wrongdoing. In 2000-2001 the new coach was told by a number of reliable sources including members of the police force that some players were taking drugs, were mixing with underworld figures and if they were not careful could get themselves in serious trouble. The players included […..] and Cousins. They were talked to by the coach who was assured by them that they could look after themselves and everything was alright.

The context of these events cannot be overlooked. Cousins had been captain since 2001 and had been chosen in the All Australian side in the years 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2002… If they were taking illicit drugs, and there is no doubt that Cousins was at that stage, they were challenging the authority of the Club…. The other players must have known what was happening. It is hard to accept that some of those in senior positions at the Club were not similarly informed.
….

I have no doubt that in the year 2002 the culture was to minimise the fallout and treat the players leniently… One cannot overlook the context of the events the previous year in relation to this and also the fact that members of the police force had informed the coach of the Club that it was believed that Cousins and […..] were taking illicit drugs.
….

There is no doubt that by the end of the year 2003 there was a culture at the Club which gave rise to the scheduled conduct…. The culture could be described as the view held by players and the Club that if they were successful on the field, what they did outside the Club was of little consequence and was in their own private time, and if trouble resulted, the Club would take steps to minimise the gravity of the misconduct and impose a fairly lenient sanction, especially if the player concerned was one of the better players. The culture developed over a number of years and could be traced back to about the year 2000. It was based on success, arrogance, a belief that was the players did in their own time was their own business and a failure by the Club to properly punish players in a way that acted as a deterrent. It was a culture which emerged and developed during a period when some players were taking illicit drugs, a fact that would have been known to the playing group and which was ignored by the Club.
….

I have little doubt that by mid-2004 at the latest, some players were misbehaving by taking illicit drugs and couple with other acts of misconduct set out in the scheduled conduct, the Club should have directed more attention to player off field conduct…
….

At the end of the year 2005, Cousins’ drug fuelled conduct was observed by his family and information was provided to the coach in early 2006 of that fact… The whole issue was swept under the carpet. On the other hand, as was frankly stated to me, the Club was concerned that their best player may walk out on them. But Cousins’ misbehaviour continued during that year. In July 2006 he arrived late for a training session in an unfit state. Again the issue of illicit drugs was conveniently swept under the carpet. This was not surprising. The club was on course to winning a premiership.
….

Despite the steps taken by the Club at the end of 2006 and early 2007 some senior players, namely Cousins… seemed to think that off-field misconduct was of little moment. The behaviour at education programs conducted in January 2007 by some players demonstrated this fact, and the behaviour of Cousins…. in the months that follows, show(ed) a lack of respect for discipline.
Damning stuff, 'whatever it takes' winning over holistic concern for the club's people.

how many games did Ben miss early on for disciplinary reasons at WCE? A stitch in time..I've forgotten, how did Woosha rationalise all that away?

Re-produced from a newsletter of a school somewhere in Perth, circa 1996:

Cousins on Drugs.jpg

Re-produced from 'The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary' (4th ed.):

irony n. 3. Discrepancy between the expected and the actual state of affairs; a contradictory or ill-timed outcome of events in mockery of the fitness of things.

Last edited:
Why is this even on the main board? Even worse with who created the thread.
Guy is a junkie who happened to be good at footy 20 years ago.
Media gives me the shits - Bigfooty included. Chief is getting more hits than Cousins has had in his life over this.
Seven ran with this as its #1 story last night in WA. Considering what happened in Victoria yesterday, that sickens me.

Re-produced from a newsletter of a school somewhere in Perth, circa 1996:

View attachment 863697

Re-produced from 'The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary' (4th ed.):

irony n. 3. Discrepancy between the expected and the actual state of affairs; a contradictory or ill-timed outcome of events in mockery of the fitness of things.

All those girls are drug addicts now.

Custody issues so he has turned to the glass pipe again.

He needs to sort himself out and make himself employable, both he and his Ex need to sort their issues out for their kids and for the mental health for both. The cycle of getting along, blow up with Ben being kicked out which results in Ben using and getting arrested is not sustainable.

Your level of wrong is almost indescribable and would be amusing if it wasn't nauseating.

The Ice addict boyfriend of my mum raped me repeatedly and then finally beat me almost to death while high, resulting in me being in care from 12 until I aged out.

I am not interested in visitation plans, or the supposed plight of angry guys who are alas somehow just misunderstood. I'm about protecting kids from people so f’ed up anything is possible.

In group homes a surprising number of kids I met were in because of situations caused by drug addiction amongst their parents and parents partners. We were all pretty much f’ed.

You are right in one thing. I am a piece of work. I'm what's left after that s**t happens to a kid over and over until it becomes second nature. I'm not whole and I know I never will be. But at least I have enough of something human left to know I don't wish that on anyone, even you. It's all I've got left to hold against the dark.

So what is your excuse?

Do eveeyone a favour, go to hell, and fu** off.
Hope you’re doing ok now. This is a big reason I’m against decriminalisation/legalisation of drugs and in particular meth. The crimes people commit when on it are horrendous, this won’t change just because they can’t be charged criminally (for possession). All the best.

Last edited:
More pathetic than sad. To break this cycle, Afl players association needs to agree to tougher punishments. First strike lose 2 months salary, then 4 months salary. Third strike, 18 week suspension.

More pathetic than sad. To break this cycle, Afl players association needs to agree to tougher punishments. First strike lose 2 months salary, then 4 months salary. Third strike, 18 week suspension.
but...but...mental health issues!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back