Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was well publicised at the time.

I lived in Perth at the time, and I think a majority of West Coast fans would have taken more of an interest in us than most other teams because of Cousins, and even maybe a soft spot.

They didn't switch allegiances though.

I lived in Perth at the time, and I think a majority of West Coast fans would have taken more of an interest in us than most other teams because of Cousins, and even maybe a soft spot.

They didn't switch allegiances though.

Not all but a large number would of watched games Richmond played in they would not normally watch. Most Eagles fans Loved Cousins.
I remember going to Melbourne for a weekend and watched the Eagles play the Bulldogs on a Sat night at Etihad and then went to Richmond V Essendon on the Sunday purely to watch Cuz play.

Not all but a large number would of watched games Richmond played in they would not normally watch. Most Eagles fans Loved Cousins.
I remember going to Melbourne for a weekend and watched the Eagles play the Bulldogs on a Sat night at Etihad and then went to Richmond V Essendon on the Sunday purely to watch Cuz play.

I know Benny still takes an interest in Richmond. Went to the Freo game at Subi in 2016 and he was there with his tigers scarf on.

Patrick Smith counts as two. Stop exaggerating. The quality of supporters of both clubs have improved as a result.

Three of my cousins are Essendon supporters who changed to Richmond, another 5 were school mates, 2 are family friends and 2 were work colleagues. But you know, I'm lying...

Deep down i think he is an Eagle mate but footy would be the last thing on his mind these days.

Yeah, will always be remembered as an eagle, but I think he will be eternally grateful to the Tigers for giving him football back, albeit briefly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he doesn't go to jail this time then something is seriously wrong with the system.

Young bloke I know who had an outstanding debt of 4K from when he was a teenager and is now a young adult just got a months jail to pay it off. Maybe he should of aspired to be a golden boy of footy instead

If he doesn't go to jail this time then something is seriously wrong with the system.

Young bloke I know who had an outstanding debt of 4K from when he was a teenager and is now a young adult just got a months jail to pay it off. Maybe he should of aspired to be a golden boy of footy instead

But he would have been given that option right? You can do time in the cells for $x amount per day I think...

But he would have been given that option right? You can do time in the cells for $x amount per day I think...

As far as I know it was an unpaid debt that he was recently arrested for and then sentenced for 30 days. That's based on what I told - I've no idea if they tweeked it to avoid telling friends the truth

As far as I know it was an unpaid debt that he was recently arrested for and then sentenced for 30 days. That's based on what I told - I've no idea if they tweeked it to avoid telling friends the truth

You can't get arrested for having unpaid debts lol. Your friend is telling you a bit of a porky there mate!

Unless there was fraud involved, unpaid debts are civil actions, not criminal actions, and the consequences are going to be more along the lines of bad credit ratings, and potentially bankruptcy if there's enough debt involved.

the state just keeps running your tab and accruing interest until they catch up with you. At that point you can either pay up or go to jail. You can always pay your way out of summary offences.

Needs to be locked up somewhere for a while. Can't keep releasing someone who breaks violence restraining orders, he is highly unstable.

Unfortunately society knows all too well that someone has to die before the justice system changes its ways. Ice makes people do crazy s**t and I think Ben is lucky to get this far so that he will be locked up where he can't hurt himself or others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back