Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had concerns from 2002. A Chip Le Grand article from then highlighted the concerns over the association between Cousins, Gardiner and Kizon. On May 8th another article talked about the pair and their reluctance to talk about an incident in a nightclub. I note Cousins did not miss a game that year

Ah yes, the club should just suspend players based on articles.

Why not go back in time and suspend them. After all, should have hired a psychic to know how it will all pan out.

Ah yes, the club should just suspend players based on articles.
Yeah silly me. Its not like there were Police Interviews and Lawyers called out in the middle of the night. Just a few raggedy arse newspaper stories

I will agree on one thing. The mood of clubs is so much different now than it was then. Do you think WC would suspend the players now?

A big issue with Ben Cousins is that he has always been Ben Cousins.Other more average people who take drugs become addicts and destroy their lives but he has always been better than average people.

.... and Ben's life is just motoring along beautifully as we speak. No problems at all. :rolleyes:

Personally believe that from the time Gardiner & Cousins joined the Club that that was when the culture of the Club started going south - had a lot to do with them mixing with the wrong end of town in my opinion. I also used to wonder who led who astray?? Had the two of them been drafted by other Clubs instead of the Eagles wonder if our Culture would have deteriorated in the way it did during that period? We will never know I guess.

I think if Ben had decided to go FS to Geelong, we would be talking about the GFC here not WC. From an outside view I think he was the problem at WC and brought the others along.

I think if Ben had decided to go FS to Geelong, we would be talking about the GFC here not WC. From an outside view I think he was the problem at WC and brought the others along.

Gardiner, Cousins, Franklin

There is a common denominator - maybe the blame could be shifted there :D

What is Michael Gardiner up to these days? Did he clean himself up post footy?

On SGP511 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gardiner was a party boy and a bit of a dickhead but never anything like poor old Cousins.

Very sick man and unfortunately its really only a matter of time now, feel for his family.

Counselling or an intervention might have avoided the train wreck happening now

From what I understand they tried their darnedest to get him to realise that getting effed up after games wasn't a reward that he'd earned through hard work. They managed it as best they could until they couldn't any longer. The intervention that did happen did SFA anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah silly me. Its not like there were Police Interviews and Lawyers called out in the middle of the night. Just a few raggedy arse newspaper stories

I will agree on one thing. The mood of clubs is so much different now than it was then. Do you think WC would suspend the players now?
In hindsight with the benefit of the outcome, yes ......but put in the same situation with a marquis player, i suspect the club or most AFL clubs would still seek to protect their self interests

Gubby Allen example

So Ben is ready for rehab but the judge has referred him to drug court and so it's back to jail for at least another week.

How lucky for Ben that there isn't a waitlist ATM for any of the rehabs
I see while he was in prison police had his phone tapped. He told his dad he could give up drugs any time he wants but did not want to , it makes me feel good. If that is his feeling at this point he is in serious trouble. Denial is your worst enemy.
Looks like WA police have an appetite to get him behind bars so he is going to be on there radar even if he makes bail. He has rehab place booked but the court must authorise this, with that phone evidence it makes it hard for the judge.
http://www.theage.com.au/wa-news/ben-cousins-willing-to-go-to-rehab-lawyer-20170320-gv2e7z.html

Last edited:
three cheers for west coast and their turning of a blind eye that ended up destroying a mans life. Hip hip......

I see while he was in prison police had his phone tapped. He told his dad he could give up drugs any time he wants but did not want to , it makes me feel good. If that is his feeling at this point he is in serious trouble. Denial is your worst enemy.
Looks like WA police have an appetite to get him behind bars so he is going to be on there radar even if he makes bail. He has rehab place booked but the court must authorise this, with that phone evidence it makes it hard for the judge.
http://www.theage.com.au/wa-news/ben-cousins-willing-to-go-to-rehab-lawyer-20170320-gv2e7z.html
Plenty of people could give up if they really wanted to - not wanting to is the problem.

As has been said many times on this thread. Cousins needs to be locked up for his own good. He is just taking the p*ss out of the system now. Not that he hasn't already been doing that. Blind Freddy can see that Cousins is just using rehab to avoid jail. Lock him up FFS.

The lad does need time out. 18 months jail and cold turkey would be unjust but its probably his only saviour.

The lad does need time out. 18 months jail and cold turkey would be unjust but its probably his only saviour.

His lawyer stated that he was still craving when he made those phone calls, FFS he has only been there 4 weeks no way has he dried out yet. The worst might be over but he has months to go before he is well again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back