Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they hadn't kept letting him get away with crimes, he could have been off drugs and been a worthwhile member of society by now instead of being scum. They need to send him jail for a few years and stop with the kid gloves treatment.

What crimes did who let him get away with ?

If they hadn't kept letting him get away with crimes, he could have been off drugs and been a worthwhile member of society by now instead of being scum. They need to send him jail for a few years and stop with the kid gloves treatment.

Do you really think jail turns people into worthwhile members of society? And gets them off drugs?

August 2001, West Coast coach Ken Judge was told by a Perth detective that Cousins and two of his teammates may have been using illegal drugs. Judge passed this information on to the club's administration but no action was taken.
Then on September 5th 2001 Ken Judge was sacked by West Coast.
Yeah, Judge getting sacked had nothing to do with him being an absolutely useless coach right?

What crimes did who let him get away with ?

Multiple counts of drug possession, running from the booze bus, public intoxication, possession with intent to sell...... And they just kept letting him get away with it reinforcing his belief he could do whatever he wanted and not have to face up to his criminal problems.

There is still hope for Cousins.

I happen to know some one who was a Meth addict. He committed all these crimes went to jail for a year,is now sober and training to becoming an electrician.

I'm not sure how old your mate is B4L but Cuz is 38, time really isn't on his side as far as meth addicts go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's starting to get really grim for him. Ice and coke have clearly ruined him. There's whispers he has some serious mental health problems too to go along with the drug addiction.

Hard to believe it's almost ten years since that documentary. You watch that documentary and think he is going to get better, there's a man accepting that drugs were ruining him.

Must still have some twat mates in Perth who are easy for him to get in contact with.

Truly is a tragedy. Just hope no other club fails so badly like West Coast did when they never bothered to address his issues until it was far too late.

The heinous part of meth is that it changes the chemical pathways in the brain. This is why rehabilitation is so hard because the brain is rewired so that users feel depressed when not on the drug.
Heroin in comparison has no longterm physical impacts on the body that can't be reversed. Once physical addiction has been beaten the body returns back to the same physical state it was in before the heroin.
Without knowing too much about Ben's situation, I would not be surprised that his longterm use has done him permanent damage which is why his struggles are so great.
The bloke was an amazing footballer and the world was his oyster. His downfall only serves to underline how nasty ice is and why it is becoming such an issue.

The heinous part of meth is that it changes the chemical pathways in the brain. This is why rehabilitation is so hard because the brain is rewired so that users feel depressed when not on the drug.
Heroin in comparison has no longterm physical impacts on the body that can't be reversed. Once physical addiction has been beaten the body returns back to the same physical state it was in before the heroin.
Without knowing too much about Ben's situation, I would not be surprised that his longterm use has done him permanent damage which is why his struggles are so great.
The bloke was an amazing footballer and the world was his oyster. His downfall only serves to underline how nasty ice is and why it is becoming such an issue.
It's not becoming an issue, it is an issue, and a bloody big one.

When you say chemical pathways in the brain, is this the same as what prescription anti depressant drugs do? Like Lexapro but no high? or the med's I'm on to deal with the channel 9 commentary team while the crickets on

When you say chemical pathways in the brain, is this the same as what prescription anti depressant drugs do? Like Lexapro but no high? or the med's I'm on to deal with the channel 9 commentary team while the crickets on

I don't think beer and spirits comes falls the umbrella of prescribed medication :D

upload_2016-11-6_19-1-59.png
upload_2016-11-6_19-7-45.png

Last edited:
KP's a methhead too now?
Yeah
I saw him yesterday on the roof of the WACA grandstand
Cops were asking him to come down so he did but only on the proviso that he'd be allowed to direct the traffic leading onto the Causeway. Which they agreed to
He was last seen swimming across the Swan back to Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back