Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

lol, has literally had violence restraining orders, then went to prison for breaching by continued stalking. By definition of the law, and conclusion by a magistrate, he is indeed a threat to those around him. hardly a stereotype. :drunk:

The bloke pines for his kids and is going through emotional struggles, but that hardly means he is actually a violent threat. This interpretation only exists by way of statute due to some men committing violent acts in an estranged relationship.

I dare say the media profile surrounding his drug use didn't do him any favors in the eyes of that magistrate. It was likely a more damning factor than the actual offence!!!!

The bloke pines for his kids and is going through emotional struggles, but that hardly means he is actually a violent threat. This interpretation only exists by way of statute due to some men committing violent acts in an estranged relationship.

I dare say the media profile surrounding his drug use didn't do him any favors in the eyes of that magistrate. It was likely a more damning factor than the actual offence!!!!

I get where you are coming from, but from the stalking perspective he sent something like 100 texts in a 24 hr period, then turned up to the kids kindy off his nut

This is after mum took out an AVO, he did himself no favours whatsoever.

He obviously wants to be left alone away from the public eye, the parasites in the press should respect that, unfortunately everyone is waiting for him to f*** up again because he is like a slow moving train wreck, you can't look away.

What more can be said about Ben that hasnt already been said, he’s a very sick man with a killer addiction. No one can help him until he genuinely wants to help himself.

I don't even think its that anymore, he is so cooked, brain so damaged that he won't ever be right again.

So he has left his job, this whole "missing" thing is such hyperbole.
He completed his parole condition, the job was a means to an end.

I don't think you can say leaving the West Coast job unequivocally equals him being back in the s**t and taking drugs.
Hoping for the best for him. Guy cant escape the scrutiny.

The guy makes a couple of questionable decisions in his life and now he can't even have a few weeks off without it being up all over Fox or commented on by you shameful lot.

Sickening
tenor.gif

MIA for over a month, it was a condition of his parole that he stays employed for 3 months after being released from prison. As soon as the 3 months were completed he went AWOL

What that does indicate is that he was capable of meeting a certain regimen for a period of 3 months.
You would think a structured lifestyle would be more beneficial if he chose to stay drug free.

Would hope that MIA from WCE doesn't necessarily mean MIA from family/support systems.

Do you think the media might have been an equal or greater contributing factor to how things have turned out for Ben?

Great contributing factor, especially when you consider his drug abuse was common knowledge amongst most if not all of WA's sporting media. That's why they haven't gone spectacularly hard on him, I reckon he could sink just about all of them.

before I get the media wont leave him alone it isn't the sports guys, its the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to get out of W.A.

The media there are going to squeeze every advertising dollar they can get out of him while he breathes.
I know someone who found themselves next to one of those Eagles on a plane. He moved to Melbourne (while still playing) and was pretty open and quick to say it basically saved his life.

I know someone who found themselves next to one of those Eagles on a plane. He moved to Melbourne (while still playing) and was pretty open and quick to say it basically saved his life.
Correct - that is well documented - best thing he ever did apparently.
But it may not solely be distancing himself from the WCE that changed his life but also distancing himself from other "Perth Identities" as well !!!

Probbly not if I’m being honest , but staying in an environment that has created and enabled his drug issues isn’t the most logical thing to do imo. Most addicts tend to leave that sort of environment to remove themselves from what they know and start fresh elsewhere.

But obviously I’m not an expert or have any intimate details on Cousin’s situation I am only stating an opnion from afar.

We see that strategy deployed up here in Alice Springs a bit. Addicts moving to get out of the situation, they tend to find a similar situation reasonably swiftly.

I thought it was absolutely disgusting that he could get a position at an AFL club.

You have a pathological profile to support that premise?

No but I have lived in the real world for 30 years, have seen casual users to people who were addicted and turn there life around and some well who never recovered.

No but I have lived in the real world for 30 years, have seen casual users to people who were addicted and turn there life around and some well who never recovered.

So basically, your expertise on such matters consists of a regular diet of tabloid bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back