Rumour ben cousins been missing for 1 month...

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny how people, especially Dockers fans, love to accuse the Eagles of condoning Cousins behavior and letting him get away with what he wanted. However at the time it was all rumour and innuendo.
I see the exact same thing playing out with Hogan. I read some docker fan blaming the make of the car he rolled on a suburban street! But how do the dockers act on Rumour? I would suggest talking to those attending the incident to get something concrete.

It's funny how people, especially Dockers fans, love to accuse the Eagles of condoning Cousins behavior and letting him get away with what he wanted. However at the time it was all rumour and innuendo.
I see the exact same thing playing out with Hogan. I read some docker fan blaming the make of the car he rolled on a suburban street! But how do the dockers act on Rumour? I would suggest talking to those attending the incident to get something concrete.

Like I've said somewhere else on one of these threads, Cousins and the Eagles in those early/mid 2000's it was all before smart phones and social media.

We've all seen Hogan off his face in the santa suit, Bennell doing lines on the front page or Mumford's video. No one saw anything like that for the Eagles back in the day.

Just saw a clip from this upcoming weeks doco on Ben Cousins talking footy.
I was sort of hopeful that he may be on the mend.

I dont know if they have selectively picked a moment where he looked bad but gee, he does not seem good.
Basil asked him if he had used drugs over the 5 days he had been interviewing him and he kept procrastinating, stalling , then said no.
Not very convincing, He looked gaunt too. A shadow of the confident man he was.

Last edited:

I dont know if they have selectively picked a moment where he looked bad but gee, he does not seem good.
Basil asked him if he had used drugs over the 5 days he had been interviewing him and he kept procrastinating, stalling , then said no.
Not very convincing, He looked gaunt too. A shadow of the confident man he was.

Well he's approaching mid 40s and has been a hardcore drug addict for 20+ years, I'd say he looks surprisingly good for that. If he keeps on using I think there will be a rapid deterioration now, I worked with a lot alcoholics and mid late 40s if they hadn't drunk themselves to death already was when they start to completely fall apart into a shocking physical state

Not very convincing,
He looked gaunt too. A shadow of the confident man he was.
You mean Basil asked him a question and the editor spliced in some footage of him looking like he was dodging the question. I can almost guarantee you that the interview will show a different piece of footage.

Hope he can turn it around. He's had lots of chances and blown it, but this might be the time. I can't guarantee that, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he's approaching mid 40s and has been a hardcore drug addict for 20+ years, I'd say he looks surprisingly good for that. If he keeps on using I think there will be a rapid deterioration now, I worked with a lot alcoholics and mid late 40s if they hadn't drunk themselves to death already was when they start to completely fall apart into a shocking physical state
He’s 41 but I get your point.

You mean Basil asked him a question and the editor spliced in some footage of him looking like he was dodging the question. I can almost guarantee you that the interview will show a different piece of footage.

Hope he can turn it around. He's had lots of chances and blown it, but this might be the time. I can't guarantee that, though.
His brain is fried, he takes no responsibility for his actions or for where his life is at and he’s an ice addict. He won’t be turning his life around. Unfortunately.

I wonder if woresfold feels guilt every time he sees this. I feel for the guys kids, growing up at home knowing the dad you love is out there somewhere and not at home with them.

It doesnt really sit right. Hes a grown man who can decide whether or not he wants to be on TV talking about this, but if its only because he needs money that he has agreed to it, then its exploitation. Absolutely wish him all the best with everything, but a mans downfall is not going to be my soap opera.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back