News Ben Cousins in the news again. 10 years on and it still continues. (2016 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS. We know its been over 11 years his parents have been tortured . Yes . Tortured . As a father of a meth addict I have rubbed shoulders with the debased underworld . Threatened with a samuri sword wielding ice head even when babies are in the house . 9 years of this crap , My wife and I have had to let go only to still be involved by rescuing the grandkids from the horror house of hell of violenxe and trauma where needles are hidden in their beds and ice head strangers waltz through .These kids poop themselves (literally ) regularly . Sorry to hijack the sad romantic football son thread . A book couldnt tell the story of what wreckage they wreak . They are Selfish psychopaths .I will say that again Psycopaths . Think about that .

It's not the dealers fault ....people choose to use then refuse to stop then refuse treatment

Yes I believe in charging dealers but honestly we need to pour more funding into treatment ...takes 6 weeks to see me and about 8 weeks to get into rehab also ...it's ridicoulous waiting periods

If you have a broken leg ....you get treated ...if you have addiction your told to wait and take a seat

Well done for sticking by your son - if you ever want any advice PM ME FREELY ...I have helped a few others here too ..look after yourslef and stay strong

The problem is not many people actually overdoes on meth

You tend to end up with zombies with a fried brain as opposed to herion whuch killed people

In the 80's and 90's people would die on herion whuch meant people would stop for a few weeks if there was a "hot batch" about

Some people die on meth if it's cut with other drugs or they have health complications ...or car accidents and so on
Interesting, although doesn't it do a fair bit of internal damage too? He still on the coke too, or just the pippy?

It's not the dealers fault ....people choose to use then refuse to stop then refuse treatment

Yes I believe in charging dealers but honestly we need to pour more funding into treatment ...takes 6 weeks to see me and about 8 weeks to get into rehab also ...it's ridicoulous waiting periods

If you have a broken leg ....you get treated ...if you have addiction your told to wait and take a seat

Well done for sticking by your son - if you ever want any advice PM ME FREELY ...I have helped a few others here too ..look after yourslef and stay strong
It is my stepdaughter actually and she is a sociopath but it is my wife that I stick by . She is a power to her grandkids as well as having 8 kids of her own to start with . I wont post pics but my wife is a strawberry blonde 44 yr old that still looks like a supermodel and has a very young disposition which is why she loves kids
You obviously deal with a lot of meth heads Dave123 and are qualified to have a fair educated opinion . My view is obviously raw and emotional because of the personal impact rather than me being objective . I have stated that meth heads are selfish and even as far as " psycopaths " which whilst on this drug they definitely are . IMO . Obviously if a person was a selfish individual ( Maybe sociopathic) even before Meth it compounds the problem . I have also seen my younger sister who was a meth head break free , she lost all her teeth her hair went grey she looked older than my dad . She has slurred speech now and is quick with the emotions ( especially when she sees injustice which is wierd ) ,Her 1st husband was a jailbird wannabe bikie . She lost her 2nd husband ( fantastic bloke ) and son because of the meth , but recovered had 2 more kids to someone else 3rd husband ( 7 foot thick in the head Maori ) and is a very good loving mother to them kids . She was a loving person before meth tho . I guess if I be objective I do have to say there is hope for some maybe some dont want to be helped as well .

I really think we should have a moratorium on all things ben cousins. Seriously im ******* over it and hearing about the s**t and 10 years later it still being tied to the club. As far as im concerned anyone bringing up anything relating to ben and drugs and west coast should get a holiday and the only time we should hear about ben is 06 reunions or years after he pulls his s**t together if he does eventually.

I really think we should have a moratorium on all things ben cousins. Seriously im ******* over it and hearing about the s**t and 10 years later it still being tied to the club. As far as im concerned anyone bringing up anything relating to ben and drugs and west coast should get a holiday and the only time we should hear about ben is 06 reunions or years after he pulls his s**t together if he does eventually.
Richmond had him last :thumbsu: but I agree. Over it really.

It is my stepdaughter actually and she is a sociopath but it is my wife that I stick by . She is a power to her grandkids as well as having 8 kids of her own to start with . I wont post pics but my wife is a strawberry blonde 44 yr old that still looks like a supermodel and has a very young disposition which is why she loves kids
You obviously deal with a lot of meth heads Dave123 and are qualified to have a fair educated opinion . My view is obviously raw and emotional because of the personal impact rather than me being objective . I have stated that meth heads are selfish and even as far as " psycopaths " which whilst on this drug they definitely are . IMO . Obviously if a person was a selfish individual ( Maybe sociopathic) even before Meth it compounds the problem . I have also seen my younger sister who was a meth head break free , she lost all her teeth her hair went grey she looked older than my dad . She has slurred speech now and is quick with the emotions ( especially when she sees injustice which is wierd ) ,Her 1st husband was a jailbird wannabe bikie . She lost her 2nd husband ( fantastic bloke ) and son because of the meth , but recovered had 2 more kids to someone else 3rd husband ( 7 foot thick in the head Maori ) and is a very good loving mother to them kids . She was a loving person before meth tho . I guess if I be objective I do have to say there is hope for some maybe some dont want to be helped as well .

Trauma causes most drug use

If people have trauma in their lives it compounds the problem .....well done mate

Many just give up and would rather live for a short time on meth

Teeth ...bones ...vein damage
Heart ....brain ...
Meth hammers the body and mind

"Hell is worth all that, natural habitat
Just a rhyme without a reason
Never ending maze, drift on numbered days
Now your life is out of season
" J. Hetfield 1985.

Yep, the neurotransmitters are drained and the neurons form different pathways, making certain behaviours "hardwired" as they're perpetually reinforced over the years of addiction.

Calcium and magnesium are the key minerals depleted that lead to loss of bone and tooth density - the overdrive of the sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system that occurs during amphetamine use increases muscle tone, draining these minerals which are heavily involved in muscle contraction and relaxation, including that of the heart muscle.

The cases in which the individual goes downhill rapidly (the famous before and after shots) are likely those who do not take time to eat and allow their physiological reserves to replenish (principally their dopamine, minerals and glucose stores).

I know someone who is drying out in Queensland of all places, and she always ate very well and slept after being on the gear. Her teeth survived, bar one premolar. But gee she went from a highly functional person to annoying as * once she started using more regularly...disorganised and oblivious to the fact that others around her were not on her wavelength and that rather than being helpful she was being an overbearing nuisance.

Unfortunately for him, he does not seem to have the right to privacy that the rest of us enjoy. I've been saying for years that his array of battles with law enforcement really shouldn't be in the news, but it's particularly relevant with this latest VRO related incident - that was none of our ******* business IMO.

Obviously if he's directing traffic on a highway it's going to make the news - I understand the nuance here. It just bugs me that news agencies feel they have the right to invade the privacy of "famous" people even when their particular misdemeanor or issue is of no concern or consequence to the broader community.

It couldn't be helping his battle to beat this addiction - rather it's likely to have been a perpetuating factor to the extent that his drug use services his need to "escape" from the pressure of life.

Last edited:
Teeth ...bones ...vein damage

Heart ....brain ...

Meth hammers the body and mind
So long term chronic use can shorten a life? (forgetting the risks of doing something stupid whilst on meth that winds up getting you seriously injured or killed)

So long term chronic use can shorten a life? (forgetting the risks of doing something stupid whilst on meth that winds up getting you seriously injured or killed)

Yup but users don't think about what is happening next week

Nah

Just about where can I score or when they are ready where can I get help

Relapse rate for meth is 90% yes 90% will relapse after they get clean for a while and the whole cycle can get rolling again

...I worked with a 13 year old meth using girl..Got her clean at 16 finally ..took us three years ....serious damage done but she's ok relatively speaking now at 20 but her rain being young cops damage but at least she had time to heal

Cousins brain may not recover that well ....it may be ok (ish) but geez ten years of hammering will do serious harm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dave123 whats the best strategy to keep young people away from the gear, especially teenagers?

Education methods scaring them fails ...in fact some education can make teens curious to try it ....so what's all the buzz about ?

It's about connection

Kids and youth need to be connected to positive things, art music, sport, friends music, education job

Also if they have early signs of addiction to anything get onto it straight away. Even if a youth doesn't want help the parent can seek counselling also whichis effective also.

Why did Ben become an ice addict it's part early childhood development and part lack of guidance and part lack of connection to anything bar footy

Having a single focussed obsession which was footy I believe is damgerous also whuch thankfully AFL CLUBS are aware of. Relationships are Critical too ....if you have a good solid realtionship with your son or daughter that's excellent ....because when and if they get intimidated by life or get into trouble they will seek you out

If a parent is working 70 Hours a week and not seeing them this will cause problems later on. I've had many wealthy clients come who have had all the toys at their home ...nice car ....ps4, jet skis - you name it but what they lacked was a father or mother that was present.

The most critical thing I've seen in 6 years in this job is realtionships ....people with poor bonding and poor resilience will try things ......like the video says people will try to bond with something

Whatever you tell your teens tell it in factual way ...don't try to scare the crap out of them ....research tells us scaring them makes the brain switch off to the message your trying to tell them ....

Look alcohol and binges on alcohol are just as destructive too in term alcohol of damage and let's not lose sight of that either.

Asking yourself this also does your son or daughter make good decision generally and are you a good role model in this regards to them.....Ben made great decision on the footy field but poor ones of it and thismwould I think wasn't picked up early enough

That is an excellent post dave123, appreciate it.

I have two daughters entering High School 2017 & 2018, nothing scares me more than them entering the big wide world.

I hope I have given them the encouragement, guidance, love and assurance they require to get through what is arguably the toughest time in a child's life.

That is an excellent post dave123, appreciate it.

I have two daughters entering High School 2017 & 2018, nothing scares me more than them entering the big wide world.

I hope I have given them the encouragement, guidance, love and assurance they require to get through what is arguably the toughest time in a child's life.

No worries

Yup communicate with them
Build realtionship with them

Do they generally make good decisions ...and do you display good decision making as a role model

Look sometimes you can be a really good parent and things can go pear shaped too however you have a much better chance of righting th ship if you have a good realtionship with them ....some of the parents I meet say the most horrible things about their kids and I see why the young person has self esteem issues.

None of us are perfect but we we have to leave no stone unturned to be good parents

Yup communicate with them
Build realtionship with them

Do they generally make good decisions ...and do you display good decision making as a role model
I think I do.

Time will tell I guess :)

Dealers and cookers are oxygen thieves who need a bullet to the brain.

I think the question needs to be...why are all these kids wanting to get on this stuff that everyone knows is bad news. No demand = no supply.

I think we have a lot of uncertainty in our lives these days and kids look for structure and certainty to give them security and from security develops confidence. A lot of societal tropes or stereotypes have fallen by the wayside (rightly or wrongly) and nothing has really filled that void to help guide kids into adulthood. "You can be anything you want" isn't necessarily a comforting message when you stare out across a featureless expanse of potential and try to make sense of life and how to navigate through it as a young person.

It's not that surprising to me that given the effect of a powerful stimulant like meth - suddenly you are 10ft tall, bulletproof and full of confidence/bravado plus the tribalist sense of belonging and place associated with drug taking "culture" that you see more kids/young adults getting into serious strife with this powerfully addictive drug.

It's a complex problem (I freely admit my take on things likely accounts for only a small fraction of the issue) and it's more than a little concerning that we seem poorly placed as a society to respond to it. Near on 100 years of "War on Drugs" and yet we persist with the same strategies that have failed against far less potent drugs than meth.

tWDPcwh.gif

I think the question needs to be...why are all these kids wanting to get on this stuff that everyone knows is bad news. No demand = no supply.

I think we have a lot of uncertainty in our lives these days and kids look for structure and certainty to give them security and from security develops confidence. A lot of societal tropes or stereotypes have fallen by the wayside (rightly or wrongly) and nothing has really filled that void to help guide kids into adulthood. "You can be anything you want" isn't necessarily a comforting message when you stare out across a featureless expanse of potential and try to make sense of life and how to navigate through it as a young person.

It's not that surprising to me that given the effect of a powerful stimulant like meth - suddenly you are 10ft tall, bulletproof and full of confidence/bravado plus the tribalist sense of belonging and place associated with drug taking "culture" that you see more kids/young adults getting into serious strife with this powerfully addictive drug.

It's a complex problem (I freely admit my take on things likely accounts for only a small fraction of the issue) and it's more than a little concerning that we seem poorly placed as a society to respond to it. Near on 100 years of "War on Drugs" and yet we persist with the same strategies that have failed against far less potent drugs than meth.

It's as simple as wanting to experiment on something that's meant to make you feel really good. Not rocket science.

It's as simple as wanting to experiment on something that's meant to make you feel really good. Not rocket science.

**** I hope my kids approach things with a little more critical thinking than this when the time comes.

Although I guess hedonism and narcissim are par for the course these days

*shakes fist at sky*

**** I hope my kids approach things with a little more critical thinking than this when the time comes.

Although I guess hedonism and narcissim are par for the course these days

*shakes fist at sky*

Yes, it's not like human beings haven't been altering their consciousnesses from the dawn of time.

Do you drink? You hedonistic bastard only thinking of yourself *shakes fist*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back