News Ben Cousins in the news again. 10 years on and it still continues. (2016 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea. Hope so. Might be a good distraction for him. I can find out if u really wanna know?
I think it didn't bode well for Muzza ...... the Club didn't allow him to play. Didn't Andrew Krakour play for Hakea when he was banged up?

Totally agree but think it's more of a farm and Ben has a habit of running. Good behavior maybe?
Woooloo is fenced and is actually stricter on security than some of the other higher security prisons. He won't stay in Hakea for long as it is extremely full and used for remand and high security. Will most likely end up at Wooroloo, Karnett or Acacia.
I have Worked in the prisons as a contractor and know quite a few of the guards, will be interesting to hear the updates on him.

same as what I posted in the main board

I'm a drug and alcohol counsellor and have 6 years of clinical experience with meth users

My take - its good a thing overall because finally there is significant consequence to his drug use and associated behaviours

he wasn't sent to jail for his drug user per say, it was for breaking a court order on seeing his ex partner because he was addicted to meth, not sent to jail for the meth use itself, we have to keep that in mind.

will he turn his life around after a stint in jail, it will come down to how much Ben puts into it when he is finally released, if he goes back to the same mates - errr so called mates then he will relapse straight away I think, I see it everyday.

guys think they can get clean yet hang around other users and rely on willpower to just say No....hmm it fails

I have empathy for people with addictions and seeing it first hand its a very misunderstood area of health

if You have a broken leg it gets fixed - if you have an addiction you are often labelled a Junkie or some other term.

On going to Prison - There are plenty of drugs in WA prisons especially. I've had clients tell me how swap shoes under the table and the drugs are packed into a sole of the shoe, prison guards are corrupt also. Hep C and HIV is easily spread in prison as people use chicken bones for syringes and share spoons to use. And if ben goes down that path he is in more trouble than he's in now. One of my clients was sent to jail for importing ecstasy inside an Xbox console which was from the silk road drug site which is now defunct. he did turn his life around and is now working in the mines as a 2nd in charge. On 200K a year. HE studied engineering in jail and got life back on track. I visited him fortnightly for 2 years in jail.

I hope all meth users can face their demons and get life back on track not just ben, its an insidious drug which is highly addictive and destroys the brain and the family of the users is often left helpless. Ben needs to face reality in prison, find a career pathway and find a good counsellor to work on a long term plan.

On going to Prison - There are plenty of drugs in WA prisons especially. I've had clients tell me how swap shoes under the table and the drugs are packed into a sole of the shoe, prison guards are corrupt also. Hep C and HIV is easily spread in prison as people use chicken bones for syringes and share spoons to use. And if ben goes down that path he is in more trouble than he's in now. One of my clients was sent to jail for importing ecstasy inside an Xbox console which was from the silk road drug site which is now defunct. he did turn his life around and is now working in the mines as a 2nd in charge. On 200K a year. HE studied engineering in jail and got life back on track. I visited him fortnightly for 2 years in jail.
Keep up the good work Dave its an important job you do

Keep up the good work Dave its an important job you do
drug counsellors on average last about 8 months ...I was told that at the interview stage

6 years later still going - excuse the pun but it has its highs and lows. its a lonely existence though - when a client gets clean and rebuilds their life and does well you wont hear about him or her as confidentiality is premium - we cant put it in the paper - I cant even tell my partner much

yet when one of my clients loses the plot (common and gets arrested) everyone knows about him

I loved Forrest Gump life's like a box ....

well being a dug counsellor is the same ...each day you just don't know what your going to get - one client whom I thought was going to die sorted himself out ....he now owns a big company and is filthy rich ...you wont read about him

another 13 year old meth user whose mum had killed herself in her garage and found her hanging ......she now has a life but still does the odd crazy thing but she's now clean

people see drug users as scum or oh its their fault...blah blah. People don't see what we see. I remember driving home one day after seeing an 9 year old kid petrol sniffing from rusty cans .....that was week one of the job - the stuff we see no uni degree prepares you for ...I was an older recruit to and had my life sorted but there are still days where you drive home a mess and somehow I just will myself back for another day the next

a lot of my work isn't done in a plush black leather chair nodding away ....so tell me how you feel" ....it isn't like that and self care is imperative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a mate Ben rufuses to sleep on the bed in his cell.prefers the floor

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Right, so who's coming with me to see him first?

SpaceClef ? Biggie ? Buck up campaigners, it's time to strap on a hog and be a man.
Wouldn't be the first time I've visited a dumb campaigner in jail.

I'm happy to come along if you shout me a few cones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back