News Ben Cousins in the news again. 10 years on and it still continues. (2016 edition)

BagOfSnags

Debutant
Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think he was.

I hope you're not planning to act like "an agro wc hating wharfy" round these parts.

Haha no I'm not that stupid and I have more respect than that. But in regards to blaming Richmond for ruining cousins don't get me started seriously. It all started with your own poor club culture at the time, and people in charge putting on field Sucess before player health and safety. Richmond didn't help him. But he was obviously too far gone when he went over. Im glad wc as a club has improved in this area (it seems) and I wish cuz and his family all the best.

BagOfSnags

Debutant
Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oops. I interpreted your 'I think he was' as he was being serious, not joking. Well I'm glad he was joking hahha. My bad. *'Runs off with tail between legs but waving a purple scarf'

Pretty clear Marlin01 was joking.

But thanks for your input on this ongoing saga, especially this gem

It all started with your own poor club culture at the time, and people in charge putting on field Success before player health and safety.

It's not something we constantly need reminding of from opposition supporters, especially on our board.

BagOfSnags

Debutant
Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty clear Marlin01 was joking.

But thanks for your input on this ongoing saga, especially this gem

It's not something we constantly need reminding of from opposition supporters, especially on our board.

Glad you liked it. I'm not used to encountering wc fans with a brain and a sense of reality. Haven't been on the site long. (We have idiot fans too.) and I'm glad to hear he was joking.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Haha no I'm not that stupid and I have more respect than that. But in regards to blaming Richmond for ruining cousins don't get me started seriously. It all started with your own poor club culture at the time, and people in charge putting on field Sucess before player health and safety. Richmond didn't help him. But he was obviously too far gone when he went over. Im glad wc as a club has improved in this area (it seems) and I wish cuz and his family all the best.
Oops. I interpreted your 'I think he was' as he was being serious, not joking. Well I'm glad he was joking hahha. My bad. *'Runs off with tail between legs but waving a purple scarf'
Glad you liked it. I'm not used to encountering wc fans with a brain and a sense of reality. Haven't been on the site long. (We have idiot fans too.) and I'm glad to hear he was joking.

Come to Bae 13 https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/bae-13.138/ You can troll westcoast all you like there . Posting negative on a team board will get you a day off or longer . In the Bay Trolling other teams is tolerated and many enjoy the banter

BagOfSnags

Debutant
Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Come to Bae 13 https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/bae-13.138/ You can troll westcoast all you like there . Posting negative on a team board will get you a day off or longer . In the Bay Trolling other teams is tolerated and many enjoy the banter

I might check that out, thanks. I can assure you I'm not here to start fights tho. Don't think Anything I've said is attacking at all. Appreciate the heads up tho.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Lol should we get one of those lame "No Opposition Supporters" tags ?

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast

Most drug users in society don't play afl and it's long now and not helpful to blame ....our culture wasn't the problem

The individual choices and underlying mental health issues players didn't disclose was the issue

There is usually a reason why people use and a bigger reason why they end up addicted

Our club did not stand there and say hey Ben take these drugs would you ...simplistic blaming is not the answer

I suspect the company Ben, Kerr Gardiner and others kept away from the club was probably of great concern - the bikie gang members .....how is that west coasts fault ?

I've met many high profile people in my role and trust me underneath all the razz they are normal and what they do for a living doesn't alter what drugs they use.

You could easily argue that west coast actually did a good job keeping them playing and reasonable functional for long as they did ....it's easy to point the finger and blame. I suspect if west coast had sacked cousins and Kerr they would be bigger drug addicts now and might not even be with us. At least then they were still connected to something positive and had a goal.

It's nit as simple as many make out.

He'll do a detox then rehab

Or both at one place ...good luck to him in his journey ....it's not an easy road
Yeah would have thought he needed a detox first. Good luck, I really hope he can nail it before it kills him.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like this only ends one way, and it's not good.

I do agree a tiny bit with whoever posted saying it was slightly funny. Not his current state, but some of the s**t he gets up to when he's off his lips. I know I shouldn't say that, and it's terribly sad for his family etc, but as someone who was out doing the same sort of s**t he was back in the days when coke and less real f**ked up drugs were his vices, I still can't look past that, boys will be boys attitude, even though he's 36.

He was always a loose unit when out, unfortunately for him, he didn't grow out of it, and has completely unravelled.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like this only ends one way, and it's not good.

I do agree a tiny bit with whoever posted saying it was slightly funny. Not his current state, but some of the s**t he gets up to when he's off his lips. I know I shouldn't say that, and it's terribly sad for his family etc, but as someone who was out doing the same sort of s**t he was back in the days when coke and less real f**ked up drugs were his vices, I still can't look past that, boys will be boys attitude, even though he's 36.

He was always a loose unit when out, unfortunately for him, he didn't grow out of it, and has completely unravelled.

I sometimes laugh at what my clients do ....keeps me sane

Not laughing at what him.....a few lines of Coke at party's is nothing like the purity of meth these days

Meth wrecks you very quickly if you use a lot quickly

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond

For anyone that is interested, here is an interview with Ben Cousins' former player manager Ricky Nixon, discussing a few things regarding his former client.

Evelyn208

Club Legend
May 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I sometimes laugh at what my clients do ....keeps me sane

My work comes in contact with drug addicts a lot and as soon as someone told me Cousins was directly traffic I laughed and said well better than breaking into the SAS base.

Of course it's terrible for him and his family and I have no doubt it will kill him in the end. Sad, but true. Can't remember who said it in the media years ago that he has a worse prognosis than cancer but I do believe that. It's a matter of when. Very few beat it and sometimes they/we think they do, are sober for 5, 10, even 20 years and then relapse and overdose because their tolerance is out of whack. It's a terrible illness and there aint a cure.

Back