Ben Cousins in trouble - suffers fall in hospital

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still gives you no 'higher ground' in this situation. Every child has to try and resolve what their parents did and didn't do in their life and move on. Every situation is different.

Regardless of what you went through (and I sorry to hear that it sounds like it was a pretty rough time) who knows what Cousins' daughters experience will be.

Who is talking about a paid job?

I would advise Ben to take the phone off the hook, rid himself of psychic vampires, sleep under the stars, and run his hands through the dirt.

Get rid of all the distractions.

He needs to enter in to the meditative state of "being" and stay there for an extended period of time.

IMO, many addictions are manifestations of wanting to be somewhere else.

That's just my take anyway.

some good advice there. :thumbsu:

The state of mind is a contributing factor to staying on track.

You may think that, you also have no idea about what I have been through personally, and it's very similar to what his daughter will go through.

So every drug user must now pay the price?

You should get a gig with a victims of crime group.

The tabloid press would probably even give you a paid position in exchange for some outrage on tap.

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Do something simple and repetitious, fix 100 kilometres of wire fence.

He needs to enter in to the meditative state of "being" and stay there for an extended period of time.

I watched an interesting ESPN doco the other day on Chris Herren. He was a school/college basketball prodigy who could have been an NBA star if it wasn't for his drug/alcohol addictions. He played a short while for a few NBA sides.

He had kids, a wife, all of that. Didn't stop him going down his destructive path. At one time he was kitted up to play for Boston, and was waiting for his dealer to arrive ... he went outside 10 minutes before tip-off and waited in his Celtics strip on a corner while fans streamed inside. His dealer arrived just in time, he scored his drugs, then ran back inside and joined the team.

In the end he says he found himself by scrubbing dishes all day and night in a tiny corner of a cafeteria kitchen. Kind of like what you suggest. He seems to have turned his life around. Now he coaches school basketball and gives talks at clinics/schools/etc.

The way Cousins is going he could end up being that guy with a TV under his arms running to Cashies to get his next hit.

pretty sure his dad has too much money to let that happen, the guy has been a millionaire since birth... Which makes it even more pathetic for all the people who defend him religiously

I am sorry to anyone who I have offended, it's a subject for me that's quite volatile.
I shouldn't have said what I said.

Her situation could be entirely different to what mine was, I wish her much strength.
If Ben comes back from this it will have to be an INSANE amount of strength and love to do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was drug induced psychosis with plenty of mentions of meth/heroin.

I don't know, that's why I was asking or is that just an assumption by the media. I do know that a psychotic episode can be a direct result of a TBI and was just wondering if it is a result of the fall along with the ongoing drug use being a factor. Lots of conflicting info floating around.

pretty sure his dad has too much money to let that happen, the guy has been a millionaire since birth... Which makes it even more pathetic for all the people who defend him religiously

Sounds like he had a rough life and needs the drugs to escpae the harsh reality of it:rolleyes:

Nothing but a two bit Junky in my eyes.

I hope all you do-gooders feel the same about any other Junky on the street and do your bit to admire their "struggle" as well.

Sounds like he had a rough life and needs the drugs to escpae the harsh reality of it:rolleyes:

I hope all you do-gooders feel the same about any other Junky on the street and do your bit to admire their "struggle" as well.

Each to their own.

Plenty of drunks and smokers out there.

Show us your rage oh perfect one.

I would advise Ben to take the phone off the hook, rid himself of psychic vampires, sleep under the stars, and run his hands through the dirt.

Interesting stuff there Old Skool, I like it :thumbsu:

I watched an interesting ESPN doco the other day on Chris Herren. He was a school/college basketball prodigy who could have been an NBA star if it wasn't for his drug/alcohol addictions. He played a short while for a few NBA sides.

He had kids, a wife, all of that. Didn't stop him going down his destructive path. At one time he was kitted up to play for Boston, and was waiting for his dealer to arrive ... he went outside 10 minutes before tip-off and waited in his Celtics strip on a corner while fans streamed inside. His dealer arrived just in time, he scored his drugs, then ran back inside and joined the team.

In the end he says he found himself by scrubbing dishes all day and night in a tiny corner of a cafeteria kitchen. Kind of like what you suggest. He seems to have turned his life around. Now he coaches school basketball and gives talks at clinics/schools/etc.

:thumbsu:

Chop wood and carry water.

You don't need to be a drug addict.

It's something we can all benefit from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sorry to anyone who I have offended, it's a subject for me that's quite volatile.
I shouldn't have said what I said.

Her situation could be entirely different to what mine was, I wish her much strength.
If Ben comes back from this it will have to be an INSANE amount of strength and love to do it.

i noticed you mentioned daughter, he has a son.

but apparently a step daughter

i reckon what cuz should do is stop selling stories and get a ****ing job, he has far too much money left over that he can rely on

You're amazing.

How many two bit junkies have Brownlow and Premiership Medalions? How many have inspired a generation of young footballers and other sportspeople? How many junkies were a household name even before they became junkies?

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Cuz probably cant stop such long benders because seriously girls dont stop throwing themselves at him, he goes to a pub awake for a week and takes back 4-5 chicks every time. He's more interested in girls that dont' fawn over him.

Tragedy follows some people around and they actually like it to be a bit controversial.

There is a big lesson here where you can't just plop yourself in somewhere and hope for the best.

It is tiring being a famous person but for christ's sake think of the children!!

Oh cool, another Ben Cousins thread.

Was the headlining story on the news tonight, the media (and especially the media here in WA) won't drop their fascination with him, athough judging from this thread there's certainly a large audience that laps up anything Ben Cousins.

It'll take another Mainwaring scenarion before they finally release their perverse attachment with him

looks like his on going drug use has triggered mental health issues.
If he ever gets truely clean again he will no doubt need on going medication for his mental health issues and no doubt would be a prime canidate for misusing his medication.

Maybe this episode will aid him to get his s**t together, but sadly its more likely that he will just drop further unless he truely wants to change his life.

Old Skool is spot on about the method that's needed in order to beat addiction.

Have had relatives who were heroin addicts, and through repetition and distancing themselves from the toxic people in their surroundings, it works.

One was able to beat it by heading up to Gippsland to stay with family friends and literally helped on the farm and taught himself the acoustic guitar. (The numerous scales and all.)

However, Ben Cousins inner circle must have knew this was coming. Psychosis with past addicts, can occur without drug relapse. Mental afflictions and illness from prolonged use of most drugs often speed up brain cell decay.

For one of the many reasons, this is why I support drug legalisation, in that instead of having some dickweed dealer in the middle of surburbia cutting his dope with an array of awful stuff such as bleach, it can be produced in a controlled manner in a sterile enviroment.

I live in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. I've seen myself what's happened due to the prohibition. These already vile people arm themselves in public, often injuring innocent bystanders at train stations and shops. Add the competition of other drug gangs, and fantastic, there's a truckload of assaults and other felonies/crimes against the person to deal with.

It's absurd. This is where government interference is needed. You can't outright ban this stuff because you end up creating a market that is too lucrative. It's a low to medium socio-economic area, with dropout rates and graduation rates in the mid-low to mid range for both Victoria and Australia. Your choice is this; without an education and with the rising cost of living. You can A) Get a job for $15 bucks an hour in retail around here, B) Exploit a market that has no regulation, endure the associated risks of dealing and therefore the $$$ is there for the taking.

Locking himself in a cupboard.

Poor bastard is killing himself.

Hope he can make it through but hold little hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back