Ben Cousins:: Play him or rest him

Ben Cousins: Should he be rested?

• Yes. We can't keep playing him with the injuries that he is carrying.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No. Even half injuried he is twice the player than most of the others going around.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Play him imo! Wait to the week after when were back at home and then give him a rest. We need him to be there to play the pies. He will take some attention away from Judd and Kerr (if he plays) so that they can fire.

if his injury is as bad as it looks then rest him - one game no matter how big a win could be for us is worth risking him for the entire season.

plus at the moment, he is not in our best 10 players the way he is currently playing.

The thing is, it won't be risking him for the rest of the season. The type of injury that he has, ankle and corky, aren't gonna get much worse from a game of footy.

rest him call on our other wafl midfielders and see how good it works without cousins no good playing now and miss the next five didn't he do his ankle at telstra 2 years ago this ground is starting to get a reputation for injuries as well

This is what I've heard.

The ankle needs surgery. 6-8 weeks at best for recovery.

So, if we operate now it will probably be round 17 before he's match fit. Great for finals footy but can we afford to be without him?

If we don't operate now we do so in September. He then misses half a preseason training, which will affect him next year.

Oh. say rd 16 this season as a forgot about the split round.

I'd operate. He's gonna be around for another six years at least and he's a champion. The ankle could get worse. It's not worth the risk IMHO

Originally posted by Frodo
This is what I've heard.

The ankle needs surgery. 6-8 weeks at best for recovery.

So, if we operate now it will probably be round 17 before he's match fit. Great for finals footy but can we afford to be without him?

If we don't operate now we do so in September. He then misses half a preseason training, which will affect him next year.

Oh. say rd 16 this season as a forgot about the split round.

I'd operate. He's gonna be around for another six years at least and he's a champion. The ankle could get worse. It's not worth the risk IMHO

Well I say he should operate now...he's be back in full flight by finals and I think we could cover him till then!

Where have you heard this surgery propaganda?

Sounds like a Freo supporter is making up rumours, and spreading them to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by ozzult
Where have you heard this surgery propaganda?

Sounds like a Freo supporter is making up rumours, and spreading them to us.

Yeah id like a source too...preferably not a friend of friend kind of thing either

Rest him. I'd much rather have him fully fit in the run up to the finals than running around half injured for the rest of the season. We are going to play finals footy this year, and he isn't contributing much in his current state, not a hard decision when looking at the big picture (assuming Frodo's rumour is true. Otherwise he may only need 1-2 weeks off).

Play him. We need him this week, and should have rested him last week when we had the chance.

How's he been training? I'd be happy for him to train Ash McIntosh style if he wants. Bare minimum gives him more rest, and I think he's past the stage of losing his touch.

If he's not fit, rest him.
Cousins is good but when half fit, he's just a 20 touch a game man. We can get that sort of return from other people, and if we were patient and let him get fully fit, he's in a class of his own.

I'd come down narrowly on resting him, even if only to clear up the cork. Mind you we'll need all the skill we can get at the business end of the season, and a fully fit Cousins would be ideal then.

If it's as serious as Frodo sounds, he'd be better off having the surgery and being back in time for the last few rounds of the season and then to play in our finals campaign. I thought a WAFL player could have done just as much as Cousins last week, if not more.

We need 22 fit men on the park!

For the moment I wont buy into the surgery rumor as their seems to be no hard evidence.

So if it is just niggling injuries which seems to be the case then play him against Collingwood and rest him next week. We are a 6 goal better team at home so it would be easier to win a game a home without him than it would to win away.

Originally posted by jod23
For the moment I wont buy into the surgery rumor as their seems to be no hard evidence.

So if it is just niggling injuries which seems to be the case then play him against Collingwood and rest him next week. We are a 6 goal better team at home so it would be easier to win a game a home without him than it would to win away.

Agreed.

Rest him when we have a game at home. This week is too important to rest him. If he is able to play with the pain or a few injections to ease the pain, then take the risk.

Back