Ben Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt he'll get the Carey treatment and be welcomed back into the fold.

He has more chance of his checkered past being glazed over, like Gary Ablett.

That's if he can get himself right...ya know, out of PRISON and off drugs.

The bloke has had more opportunities for assistance and more resources to help himself but hasn't once taken any off them seriously. I wish the media would stop reporting on his continued stuff ups coz I for one couldn't give a s**t about a bloke who refuses to help himself

I don't have any sympathy for cousins anymore. Everyone has tried to help him and he has shown no effort in changing.

I doubt he'll get the Carey treatment and be welcomed back into the fold.

He has more chance of his checkered past being glazed over, like Gary Ablett.

That's if he can get himself right...ya know, out of PRISON and off drugs.
Has shown no effort in changing. So of course he won't be welcomed back.

How do you know he has made no effort? Sure, from the outside it would seem he selfishly keeps choosing drugs over his family, mrs, health ect but i dont think kicking an ice addiction is so simple.

If he can't do it with the resources available to him no one can...people have...he has not shown that he wants to

You do realise addiction is a lifelong battle?

It's something Cousins has to keep trying with.

Work with addicts each day and am one myself

I obviously have nothing to do with him but from the outside looking in his efforts haven't been great. I wish I had the resources available to me that he has had

Work with addicts each day and am one myself

I obviously have nothing to do with him but from the outside looking in his efforts haven't been great. I wish I had the resources available to me that he has had
Yeah but we really don't know what goes on in his life on a daily basis. Media tells us what they want to tell us in order to create an agenda.

Obviously he's had resources but by this stage he's probably pissed most of them away and he's pretty much just another addict.

Carey never had the substance reliance issues of Cousins, he just liked to party and act like a tool.

Cousins is trash.

Don't recall cousins every grabbing women by the breasts, beating his wife up, ******* his best mates wife, assaulting a police officer and a problem with booze and Coke

If cousins is trash, then it's going to be difficult to find a word for Carey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't recall cousins every grabbing women by the breasts, beating his wife up, ******* his best mates wife, assaulting a police officer and a problem with booze and Coke

His partners did have to take court orders against him tho didn't they. You won't find me defending Carey and his actions either

Ben-_Cousins-5577535.jpg

As a footballer definitely a very good player. As a man (and I have worked in jails) he is a lost cause. Met drug addicts in jail who certainly have not had the help and support that Cousins has had but still try and have a go at a better life. This guy is not an addict that anyone should feel sorry for ..in fact some of the young guys I saw were dead a week after leaving prison. There is a comforting thought for you...mmm.

Don't sell meth. Stiff s**t. His lawyer is Michael Tudori who is owned by the Rebels. No sympathy for the guy at all.

Am i bias in suggesting that because of his drug use (recreational) this has made him massively underrated among the media?

Once in a generation player at his peak imo.

Funny considering they all cream all over themselves over Carey and we all know he was on the hard stuff off the field also.
This is a semantic argument more than anything, but Cousins was in the same generation as Hird, Buckley, Riccuito and Voss and then played against/with Judd, Mitchell and Ablett towards the end.

Feel very sorry for Ben, and even more sorry for Bryan. Money can't buy everything.

What a s**t thread this is. What point are you even making?

Cousins has been given countless chances and now jail is the best place for him.

precisely what I was thinking. Smashed a glass in his '' girlfriends '' face in vegas.

Am i bias in suggesting that because of his drug use (recreational) this has made him massively underrated among the media?

Once in a generation player at his peak imo.

Funny considering they all cream all over themselves over Carey and we all know he was on the hard stuff off the field also.

Honestly, I think his status gets over-inflated in hindsight, TBH.

Granted, I never viewed him from within the Perth/WA fishbowl (where it seems like he was very much a revered figure, which could have been part of the problem), but I only ever really saw him as among the top 5-10 midfielders in the league at his peak, a regular All-Australian 22/Squad of 40 type, never the clear #1 best, and certainly not "once in a generation".

Fair call, although my comment was regarding Cousins' prospects of getting better, Carey has clearly turned it around / has grown up, etc.

Cousins seems incapable of being helped, despite the plethora of assistance and resources that's been thrown at him. He's completely self serving, thinks of no one but himself, and probably his dealer / drug friends. I say he's trash.

Carey was never on the hard stuff during his playing career (with North anyway). Not that comparable when looking at the situations between the two.
Like * he wasn't. He as well as many, both past and present got on various types of the hard stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back