Ben Cousins

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. Im still staggered that you believe your free of legal liability and that you wouldnt be targeted in any legal cases. A naive look at it.

How many internet legal dramas have been nixed by closing the host. Napster, Limewire, Internet Poker. Billion dollar industries. What makes you the exception to the rule. Are you too small to target?

Can't compare to something like napstar, Limewire etc, they were allowing copyrighted music to be downloaded without renumeration to the owner.

This thread is a rumour about a private individual. Go google your real name on the net, you could possibly find all manner of bullshit, true and otherwise about yourself. Good luck suing all the posters or the sites that posted them.

If Cousins had an issue with this thread he could ask bigfooty to close it down and if they said no he may be inclined to ask a judge to get them to do it for him on the basis of defamation.

Unless the site has broken an existing law or gone against an outcome of a court case how will they get stung?

I guess Ben could spend his days trolling the net for stories about himself true or otherwise with the intent of closing down all the bad stuff but he'd be a very busy boy with not much time for other stuff.

Thread should be in the scandals and rumours section but other than that watch ya gonna do? welcome to the information age, true or not.

hmm, no source. but if true, not really shocking news

surely everyone, at least by now, understands he is going to relapse a fair few times or at least use once or twice a year until he gets over it or dies of old age.

all the reports I have heard have been about him looking sharp in suits or nice clothing just enjoying life. this has been the first bad news i've heard and it is from someone supposedly in London.

as one of his big fans, i just hope cuz can keep his head and continue to realise that life is better when you're clean

Can't compare to something like napstar, Limewire etc, they were allowing copyrighted music to be downloaded without renumeration to the owner.

This thread is a rumour about a private individual. Go google your real name on the net, you could possibly find all manner of bullshit, true and otherwise about yourself. Good luck suing all the posters or the sites that posted them.

If Cousins had an issue with this thread he could ask bigfooty to close it down and if they said no he may be inclined to ask a judge to get them to do it for him on the basis of defamation.

Unless the site has broken an existing law or gone against an outcome of a court case how will they get stung?

I guess Ben could spend his days trolling the net for stories about himself true or otherwise with the intent of closing down all the bad stuff but he'd be a very busy boy with not much time for other stuff.

Or they could take these guys approach to it..

Jay-and-Silent-Bob2.jpg

For anyone who's interested, Ben was at Claremont Quarter (in Perth) on Monday. He ate at Yamato and had a drink from Boost. All the women were staring at him, he was the talking point in the shops. He certainly didn't look like he'd been on a bender over the week-end. Also, his girlfriend is a naturopath with 2 kids. You would think she is wise and responsible enough not to hang around if he has gone off the rails. He looked pretty good on Monday!!

I've heard the exact same thing as the OP from a reputable source.

Yeah sure! you don't like Ben so therefore you have sources. Perth is small and Ben is out and about and seen a lot. Why don't you check him out yourself. Don't be gutless and hide behind sources. If you can prove it then post it !

So why if BIG is a US company, domiciled in the US, and therefore protected under the First Amendment, would the Mods care about an Australian court imposed injunction.

Bloody good question that.

A good experiment would be to start a new 'Damien Oliver Rumors' thread. According to the sorts of rationale's we are hearing, it would be entirely acceptable - no court injunctions etc etc.

Somehow im pretty sure it would get deleted though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone who's interested, Ben was at Claremont Quarter (in Perth) on Monday. He ate at Yamato and had a drink from Boost. All the women were staring at him, he was the talking point in the shops. He certainly didn't look like he'd been on a bender over the week-end. Also, his girlfriend is a naturopath with 2 kids. You would think she is wise and responsible enough not to hang around if he has gone off the rails. He looked pretty good on Monday!!

Get off the Ginseng Tea Benny..........

think_of_the_children_186.jpg

Doesn't really matter who I say it is you won't believe me will you mate?

Anyway I've been hearing this a lot anyway and when I got told by this person it could actually be pinned back to Cuzzy.

As I've said before, Perth is a small town. Sources know sources!! What ever you're hearing and what can be pinned back to Ben, would be of interest to some "sources". Not hard to find out anything or anyone in Perth!!

As I've said before, Perth is a small town. Sources know sources!! What ever you're hearing and what can be pinned back to Ben, would be of interest to some "sources". Not hard to find out anything or anyone in Perth!!
The fact hes ripping it up in Melbourne sort of makes that theory void.

Proves how wrong your sources are!! He's in Perth. Ask your sources where he was about an hour ago.

hmm, no source. but if true, not really shocking news

surely everyone, at least by now, understands he is going to relapse a fair few times or at least use once or twice a year until he gets over it or dies of old age.

all the reports I have heard have been about him looking sharp in suits or nice clothing just enjoying life. this has been the first bad news i've heard and it is from someone supposedly in London.

as one of his big fans, i just hope cuz can keep his head and continue to realise that life is better when you're clean

Cousins moving to London???

Ex-AFL boss Andrew Demetriou and former West Coast president Dalton Gooding were business associates at the height of the illicit drugs crisis that engulfed the club in the mid-2000s.
Company records reveal Demetriou and Gooding were directors of a false teeth export company at the time the AFL was investigating the Eagles over the drugs scandal that cast a shadow over the club’s 2006 premiership.
frm h/s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back