Toast Ben Crocker and Lynden Dunn

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
I’m toasting these two Collingwood players as they gave us Collingwood supporters moments to remember whether it’s rage or happiness. They will written in the history books as a collingwood player

I want to hear your response on Dunn and Crocker delisting

My response is simple. Decent players that played a role and Crocker loved to play the hawks and Dunn silenced Tom Hawkins multiple times

Dunny will be back as a rookie

Has the Broom survived?

Wish them both well.

Both good Collingwood people.

Dunn in the leadership group and may return as a rookie as well.

Ben a real character who left an indelible mark around the playing group.

Dunn a quality player, Ben not in the higher levels but both good guys.

Good decision.

Dunn 2 knee recos.. what is he 32-33? Never gonna be the same.. and no.. wouldn't rookie list him.

The Crock.. was entertaining in a weird way. One of the worst players I have seen in a Pies shirt.

Thanks for having a good crack it guys.. you will not be forgotten.

Crocker improved in the VFL in 2019 especially on a wing, however if we can’t find a spot for Aish on a wing we can’t find one for Crocker either.

If he doesn’t get a chance elsewhere it be a good to see him lineup for our VFL side.

Dunn will be rookied.

Crocker seems like a really likeable kid and the story of his father's early onset dementia was very moving indeed. But I don't think anyone is surprised that his career at the Pies ends here.

He has my gratitude for giving his all to the club and my respect for being an AFL footballer.

Crocker got 4 years on an AFL list, can't complain at all. Most kids with his talent never even get drafted in the 1st place. Tried hard but never ever had afl quality weapons, bizarre draft choice really. Just a honest hard working vfl level player.

Good luck to him in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crocker got 4 more years than he’s ability should have given him but that’s 4 more than 99.9% of people get. Will find a good home at a local league and be a legend in his own mind.

Crocker got 4 more years than he’s ability should have given him but that’s 4 more than 99.9% of people get. Will find a good home at a local league and be a legend in his own mind.

Your post got 20 more words than your ability to spell “his” should have given you...

Crocker got 4 years on an AFL list, can't complain at all. Most kids with his talent never even get drafted in the 1st place. Tried hard but never ever had afl quality weapons, bizarre draft choice really. Just a honest hard working vfl level player.

Crocker was a highly regarded junior footy player. He captained Oakleigh and deserved to get the opportunity. Retrospect is wonderful.

Crocker was a highly regarded junior footy player. He captained Oakleigh and deserved to get the opportunity. Retrospect is wonderful.

He was drafted in the 5th round... hardly "highly rated". Maybe he has good leadership and always tried his best, but there's probably 20-30 kids with skills like him every year that never get drafted. He had 4 years in the system, and got a head start in life, can't complain. Hopefully he saved a few hundred thousand and can become a plumber and make even more money than he was on anyway...

He was drafted in the 5th round... hardly "highly rated". Maybe he has good leadership and always tried his best, but there's probably 20-30 kids with skills like him every year that never get drafted. He had 4 years in the system, and got a head start in life, can't complain. Hopefully he saved a few hundred thousand and can become a plumber and make even more money than he was on anyway...

You clearly don't follow the underage kids because he was rated. Enough to get drafted. It was considered he slipped in that draft. You implied he didn't deserve the opportunity which disrespectful retrospective garbage.

You clearly don't follow the underage kids because he was rated. Enough to get drafted. It was considered he slipped in that draft. You implied he didn't deserve the opportunity which disrespectful retrospective garbage.

I never said he didn't deserve an opportunity, just that he wasn't good enough. Considered by who? Random people on Bigfooty? He was one of the last few kids picked in the draft, obviously not a highly rated junior amongst recruiters..

My toast is for Crocker, because we roasted him quite a bit on here through July and August. Even players we shame as useless on the day, still wear the black and white. I remember that one game against GWS in round 18 where he kicked two and seemed to be one of the few players on the park who played like he wanted to be there. I gained a lot of respect for his heart and fight. Crocker was always on the precipice, but never quite performed to the level we needed. I agree with the delisting but hope the best for the man.

I’m toasting these two Collingwood players as they gave us Collingwood supporters moments to remember whether it’s rage or happiness. They will written in the history books as a collingwood player

I want to hear your response on Dunn and Crocker delisting

My response is simple. Decent players that played a role and Crocker loved to play the hawks and Dunn silenced Tom Hawkins multiple times
Was surprised hwo much pace Dunn has. that game where he had a one-on-one sprint into the forward line and kept pace and killed the play - can't remember the opponent but it wasn't a slouch.

Hardly a bizarre draft choice. It was a late draft pick. Players chosen at this end of the draft are more likely misses than hits. He is obviously of good character so club probobly figured that would improve his chances of making it. Maybe someone else chosen may have gone on and done better, but they would have been no less speculative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back