Player Watch Ben Crocker (Delisted 2019, Pies VFL 2024)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suspect he has another year.

Depth player presently.

I think the club likes his attitude and personality.
So survives his make or break year.

You do need 45 players some of which come at a small salary cap space size.

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another year for crocs. Good depth and started ok but faded significantly. Has lots of friends at the club and at this stage I'd be wary about creating any form of disharmony within the playing group by giving a well loved bloke his marching orders. Deserves another year anyway to prove us all wrong. He has been carrying a very heavy mental load this season that has obviously taken its toll. It was only after many chats with the club's psychologist that he decided he should tell the club about the situation his family has been facing with his dad and open up to the playing group. I'll happily back him in for 2019 and a return to form. Some of the posts in here leave a lot to be desired.

Crocker is delist worthy, but we'll take him as a depth player in 2019 and he gets another chance to impress and stay at the club. After this seasons performance, we'll be pushing for a flag, and Crocker who has kicked a bag of goals and has some AFL experience, will be handy depth come 2019.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fasolo's gone so contracted Crocker is necessary depth for 2019.

Could do with trailing Chris Mayne and working hard in the VFL to learn a 2nd position, whether it be in midfield or defence. These days you need to be exceptional in your position or offer the coaches gameday flexibility.

His traits suggest he'll leave no stone unturned and won't die wondering whether he could cut it at AFL level or not.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Crocks and Wells both need to go to the Chris Mayne summer camp / vegetarian boot training venue and both need to get a lot fitter in order to play in 2019.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Ben Crocker is officially useless even at VFL level.

A couple of promising marks on the lead but lacks the composure to finish relatively easy shots and then another strong mark on the lead just to stupidly turn it over trying to pass it off resulting in an Essendon goal out the back.

History suggests because he is contracted he will get another year, maybe on the rookie list though. Anthony Corrie got another year despite being usless about a decade ago now.

Insult to our VFL Listed players as we have lot better players on our VFL List

When did it become ok to bag the crap out of players doing their best?

Josh Fraser got it worse than anyone that I can remember. With that said Fasolo has been rubbish today and clearly isn't trying his best, someone like Crocker however is just too limited but can't be faulted for effort IMO.

Josh Fraser got it worse than anyone that I can remember. With that said Fasolo has been rubbish today and clearly isn't trying his best, someone like Crocker however is just too limited but can't be faulted for effort IMO.

Fas has been poor most of the Season.

Only look good against Bottom Teams.

Crocker is not even in the VFL Player

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
When a man Fraser's size pulled out of a contest when the scores were level with a minute to play because an opposition midfielder was in his path he deserved all the criticism he got. He didn't do it once either.

Back