Player Watch Ben Crocker (Delisted 2019, Pies VFL 2024)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't how he is still on our Senior List?

He even Sucks at VFL Level.

There are better Players on our VFL List
All teams require depth.
He’s not expensive either so helps the cap.
Was captain in his junior year I believe?
Has a good vibe personality, if not a bit off centre.

Likely he’ll be on the list for not much longer, but handy enough depth.
I’d happy to carry him on cheap money as an emergency two or three games a season type (say injuries hit Thomas, WHE, Elliott, Phillips all at once? He can fill in for a game or two.)
Has some versatility. Wing, forward.

And he has attitude on the field.

And if not, not.
Once a better replacement comes along then we can thank him for his service.
He’s not A grade, he’s not B grade, but for cheap insurance he’s ok.

ps he’s easily VFL level and then some.

All teams require depth.

I’d happy to carry him on cheap money as an emergency two or three games a season type (say injuries hit Thomas, WHE, Elliott, Phillips all at once? He can fill in for a game or two.)

And if not, not.

Why you think he is VFL Level? I never seen him do much at VFL Level at all

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why you think he is VFL Level? I never seen him do much at VFL Level at all
Not watching much VFL, so can’t really comment on that specifically.

But playing AFL he’s played about 23 games or thereabouts including 10 games last year.
Was adequate without any trumpets blowing.
Sometimes a bit less than adequate (hence the sparse number of games played), but from what I saw has his moments.

That tells me, spare parts type, but can manage at some level. Hence he’s going to be more than fine at the lower level.
And can’t imagine he’d get 20 plus games without solid lower grade form.

Not that I’ll lose much sleep over his list status, but he’s cheap salary cap depth.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought he was reasonable today, worked hard to be an outlet option from defence, used the ball pretty well.

A couple of weeks ago it would not have been unreasonable for Crocker to replace the injured Mayne. Crocker was in red hot VFL form playing exclusively on a wing, in the two games since though he's spent considerable time forward and his form has fallen away. The club needs to forget about Crocker as a forward and keep him on a wing.

Seen him do some good things, haven't seen him at all this year and looking at our abundance of forwards ATM he'll be deleted come seasons end.

Thought he was good in his 1st Season but Sadly gone Backwards since then

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great cause......…..well done Ben. :thumbsu:

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
All teams require depth.

And if not, not.

That sums it up pretty well. It seems that he is one of those players that reach their potential early - and this was probably helped by his leadership qualities and the fact that he is surrounded by people who supported him etc. I can't understand why people ( not yourself) feel the need to sink the boots in to players giving it an honest shot. Sure, he is sailing close to getting delisted at the end of the year. However, there might be a few retiring and we might just see him again for another year. Let's give the kid a break.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
I missed the first half, was he played on a wing where he's been starring in the magoos or did they stick him where he's failed every single other time in the forward line?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I felt for the guy.

It didn’t start well, and progressed from there into the nether world.

It’s likely his confidence kept spluttering to finally drowning.

He looks the one to pay the penalty and lose his spot.
I still felt for him.

He was terrible BUT he came in for his first game against the red hot reigning Premiers at a fortress people struggle to win at.

He gets another 2 games

Yeah, I felt for him too in some ways. Playing in such a tight game and mostly up forward - especially in the first half - was going to be bloody hard for anybody; look at Elliot, for instance, who is a proven gun.

But he did do some nice little things in the 2nd half, and if he doesn't get another chance in the 1's, as Bucks likes to say "footy can be a hard caper".

But personally I think we as a Pies board don't need to stick the boot into him unnecessarily. He has tried his heart out for our club, seems to be a good character and teammate, and deserves his due respect whatever happens from here.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
He tries and gives his all. Looked off the pace , needs two or three games to get up to speed.

Would shatter his confidence to be dropped after one

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

dmoore30

All Australian
Dec 3, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
To be fair he didnt play well but he needs another game or two to show something. In the last quarter he did do some massive things which helped immensely in our win, eg kicking the winning point, winning a 2 on 1 contest to lock it in our half, etc

Back