Player Watch Ben Crocker (Delisted 2019, Pies VFL 2024)

Actually had a negative score in AFL player ratings this week. We are getting trolled.

Actually Collingwood’s second highest scorer over the last 2 rounds (True)

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably plays for the remainder of the home and away season now.
Yeah the cupboard is pretty bare, who knows it might be the making of him, fingers crossed.

I think he'll go down as one of those 'too good for VFL and not good enough for AFL', biggest issue I see with him (apart from his lack of pace) is for his body shape he isn't strong, I for the life of me can't understand what Hine saw in him, if you choose a bloke with no speed you'd wanna make sure he was strong, he has a very similar body type to DE Goey yet has less than half the power.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah the cupboard is pretty bare, who knows it might be the making of him, fingers crossed.

I think he'll go down as one of those 'too good for VFL and not good enough for AFL', biggest issue I see with him (apart from his lack of pace) is for his body shape he isn't strong, I for the life of me can't understand what Hine saw in him, if you choose a bloke with no speed you'd wanna make sure he was strong, he has a very similar body type to DE Goey yet has less than half the power.

Was captain of Oakleigh TAC side... if I recall, and we got him for a pick in the 50s. One of those speculative punts you take at that point in the draft... backing that the player will at least get the most out of themselves. But yeah, apart from endeavour he has no other AFL level attributes

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Delisted today.

Good luck to Ben. Thought he played his best football of his career earlier this year in the VFL on the wing

Screenshot_20191028-190456.png

but then they returned him to the forward line role.... in a role he had already failed in at senior level in. Strange.

Will likely have a solid career now at VFL level.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any Instagramologists know what emoji Maynard posted in reply to his mate being delisted?

Not a happy camper it seems.

All the best to Crocker and his family.

He pulled on the black & white.....stuff of dreams.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Wishing Crocker all the best wherever he ends up - will probably turn out to be a gun 10 year player for some lucky VFL club and bleed their colours as he has bled black and white these past 4 years.

There are certainly blokes on our list still who very much could do with taking a leaf out of Crocker's book with how he busted his arse trying to squeeze every single drop out of himself as a footballer and subsequently his AFL career.

Last edited:
Any Instagramologists know what emoji Maynard posted in reply to his mate being delisted?

Not a happy camper it seems.

All the best to Crocker and his family.

He pulled on the black & white.....stuff of dreams.
Sad face, not angry.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Always gave 110%.

Took one of the most spectacular grabs ever in VFL history.

Apparently very popular and a great guy to have at the club which is a fantastic contribution to the Collingwood Football Club.

Back