Player Watch Ben Crocker (Delisted 2019, Pies VFL 2024)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Always gave 110%.

Took one of the most spectacular grabs ever in VFL history.

Apparently very popular and a great guy to have at the club which is a fantastic contribution to the Collingwood Football Club.

Now there's an arguement starter if ever I've seen one. Jezza, Barker, Knights, and a few dozen others might question your VFL speccie claim.

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wishing Crocker all the best wherever he ends up - will probably turn out to be a gun 10 year player for some lucky VFL club and bleed their colours as he has bled black and white these past 4 years...
Same from me - and I wouldn't mind at all if the lucky VFL club is the Pies.

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hardly a surprise that he was delisted. He's the sort of player I'd like to see VFL listed for us.

Played for the Pies which most of us would love to have done. Unfortunately these blokes have to find a way to make a living now. Good luck to him

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
A for effort.
F for execution.

Will be another player that goes okay at VFL but could never make the noise/pace/whatever it is, transition to AFL.

Thanks for your efforts Ben, you’ve achieved more than most of us could dream.

Patiently waiting for Bucks Jock McHale Medal.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
bennycrockerr_
I Love this club and all those involved with all my heart. I’m Shattered to be leaving but consider this playing group my family and for that I’m forever grateful. Unfortunately my impact was predominantly behind the scenes in the changeroom and on the track, where I hope I made many of you laugh and smile along the journey,Someone please take care of those muppets Maynard and Degoey for me 🐁
The crockdock 🙌🏼❤️

Since being delisted by the Magpies last month, the 22-year-old has attracted interest from a handful of clubs, both in Melbourne and beyond the Victorian border.

Foxsports.com.au understands Crocker has met with three clubs and spoken to list managers, recruiters and assistant coaches at two other clubs as he searches for a lifeline.
Crocker has been given no guarantees of a second chance but is prepared to pack up his life in Melbourne to continue his dream, which given his situation at home, is a bigger sacrifice than most players who will be picked this week.
His father Paul has suffered from early onset Alzheimer’s disease since 2014 and his condition is continuing to deteriorate.

One person inside the Holden Centre said Crocker was ‘the next best player who didn’t get picked’ for most of this year. A recruiter from a rival club said he would have played a lot of senior football if he parked his car at Metricon Stadium and not the Holden Centre.
If things don’t fall his way this week – or during the pre-season supplemental selection period – Crocker is set to join Footscray or Richmond in a bid to get another chance.

Probably saw how hard he worked. He was always just on the outside. As one person inside the holden centre said he was the next best player who didn't get picked. He would be valuable to someone. Or worth a rookie spot.

Rookie Spot at Best

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the article does not mention a single one of the five clubs apparently interested in him, I can't help but feel this is a bit of a push from his manager to get his name out there in the hopes of driving up some interest.

Having said that, his strong performance in the twos this year warrants a selection to a rookie list somewhere, and if he does get a second chance I hope for his family's sake that it's in Melbourne.

Given the article does not mention a single one of the five clubs apparently interested in him, I can't help but feel this is a bit of a push from his manager to get his name out there in the hopes of driving up some interest.

Having said that, his strong performance in the twos this year warrants a selection to a rookie list somewhere, and if he does get a second chance I hope for his family's sake that it's in Melbourne.

Teams outside of Melbourne probably won't pick him because of the Family Situation

Back