Roast Ben Hart you aren't giving us a chance.

Greenac

All Australian
Apr 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is clear our two biggest weaknesses are our forward structure and our fitness.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg type thing but I think it's clear that forward structure (or lack thereof) hurts us more.

There HAVE been a few games this year where we should have been (or deserved to be) in front at half time but haven't taken our chances, or even created any.

At no point have we been ahead later in the game, we seem to continually flirt with closing the gap but can never actually do it. Then we run out of gas. But if our forward structures weren't so poor and we actually created strong chances that we could convert we might actually have a lead to defend when we run out of gas. It's easier to do that than chase the game.

Ben Hart, it's just not working, you aren't giving us a chance.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
It is clear our two biggest weaknesses are our forward structure and our fitness.

It's a bit of a chicken and egg type thing but I think it's clear that forward structure (or lack thereof) hurts us more.

There HAVE been a few games this year where we should have been (or deserved to be) in front at half time but haven't taken our chances, or even created any.

At no point have we been ahead later in the game, we seem to continually flirt with closing the gap but can never actually do it. Then we run out of gas. But if our forward structures weren't so poor and we actually created strong chances that we could convert we might actually have a lead to defend when we run out of gas. It's easier to do that than chase the game.

Ben Hart, it's just not working. At what point do we put the club first?
We would be better off without a forward coach at all at this point.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not great but our players inability to kick it to our advantage or even a 50/50 chance for our forwards is awful. Tex must have had 4 chances where he doesn't even get a chance to touch the ball because of our butchery going to him.

Does my head in that we decided Burton wasn't up to the job and sacked him, but have kept on the appointments made under his watch.

It's like getting rid of a dog that shits everywhere but not bothering to clean up the mess.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does my head in that we decided Burton wasn't up to the job and sacked him, but have kept on the appointments made under his watch.

It's like getting rid of a dog that shits everywhere but not bothering to clean up the mess.
Someone posted in another thread recently that we had no money to afford any other coaches this season, so kept Hart and Godden on a budget salary

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Problem is Burton tore down the house and replaced it with a building made entirely of s**t.

We could get rid of all the s**t but then we're left with no house.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Problem is Burton tore down the house and replaced it with a building made entirely of sh*t.

We could get rid of all the sh*t but then we're left with no house.

I would rather sleep out in the open under the stars (or even in the rain) than in a house full of s**t. At least by clearing that away you can make a start on building a new house. Maybe one that people might even want to come into.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would rather sleep out in the open under the stars (or even in the rain) than in a house full of sh*t. At least by clearing that away you can make a start on building a new house. Maybe one that people might even want to come into.

But then we'd have to admit to being homeless and the club is far too proud for that. So instead we just ANNOUNCED we were rebuilding while trying to keep the s**t from falling apart.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
But then we'd have to admit to being homeless and the club is far too proud for that. So instead we just ANNOUNCED we were rebuilding while trying to keep the sh*t from falling apart.

Hard to remain proud when you've won the wooden spoon and not won a game all year. The management of this club are the type who, being homeless, would turn up at their high school reunion filthy, stinking, wearing a garbage bag and pushing a shopping trolley full of all their worldly possessions, and say that they thought it was a fancy-dress party and they're really actually CEO of some successful corporation and doing quite well for themselves while everybody else just stands around holding their noses.

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Dean Solomon is now looking for a job... Just sayin...

betterthanu

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2006
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Today is the day assistant coaches need to be told of contracting for next year i believe. If hes getting sacked we should hear about it soon.

That means severe financial mismanagement
OR, paying out Pyke and Burton, paying part of Betts and Jenkins salaries.... then hit with a global pandemic which meant loss of income, and having to let go those that would cost too much while knowing the others would only be here for a year....

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL cutbacks announced today are a blessing in disguise.

Enter Brad Scott.

In the words of the Rolling Stones:

🎶 you can’t always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need 🎶

Time for a pint!

Debutant
Oct 5, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Ben Hart, it's just not working, you aren't giving us a chance.
Nah, it's difficult to get a read on our forward line when they consistently get such rubbish delivery from the midfield week in, week out. Our biggest problem is our midfield, very difficult to look anything other than average when your midfield gets belted every week.

On H8416 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Greenac

All Australian
Apr 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nah, it's difficult to get a read on our forward line when they consistently get such rubbish delivery from the midfield week in, week out. Our biggest problem is our midfield, very difficult to look anything other than average when your midfield gets belted every week.

On H8416 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can equally argue that the midfield is throwing up trash because they aren't being offered anything.

Our midfield in the last few weeks with Laird in there has gone from.abysmal to very poor and is trending upwards to well below average. I can't say the forward line is on the same trajectory.

How is it that even with the numerous balls kicked high into the forward line that even with 3 "talls" down there you rarely see them hit the contest? I'd say you see more of ROB and McAdam going for the big kicks in, our talls dont get near it. They clearly weren't leading to the ball either. At best it seems they run toward space away from the kicker toward the boundary line.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listening to Hart on 5aa the couple of times I listened to him was enough for me to ascertain he shouldn't be let anywhere near our club. Great player, dumb coach.

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Can coach but let's look at every coach let go. That may well be Solomon but we need the best we can get our hands on
absolutely, but you'd need to be fairly quick to get Solomon you'd think

Back