Roast Ben Hart you aren't giving us a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

absolutely, but you'd need to be fairly quick to get Solomon you'd think
If we can get 4 quality new assistants and a senior assistant coach (who is very astute tactically) to help Nicks in the box on GameDay I will be wrapped. Add in a quality fitness coordinator and this will really help. Club needs new ideas and an outsiders perspective who have experience at different clubs.

Last edited:
Despite being coached by Ben Hart and being ahead of the worst midfield in the comp. Our forwards are still generating shots on goal a decent rate. I think it was about 60% of entries were being converted to shots on goal against the Cats and it has been above 50% numerous times this year. The issue is that we're averaging like 30 inside 50's a game. Get that to mid 40's and we'll actually win a game.

Today is the day assistant coaches need to be told of contracting for next year i believe. If hes getting sacked we should hear about it soon.
Didn't we turf him one year but then when preseason rolled around he was back again?

He's like that guy in Office Space who got fired but no one told him so he kept on turning up

Didn't we turf him one year but then when preseason rolled around he was back again?

He's like that guy in Office Space who got fired but no one told him so he kept on turning up

Not holding my breath.
There's been a lot of upheaval at the club over the last 12 months... lots of new faces... we think that now we need some stability around our young playing group

There's been a lot of upheaval at the club over the last 12 months... lots of new faces... we think that now we need some stability around our young playing group

Because we have a lot of kids and we know that the brain doesn't fully develop until 25+?

Does my head in that we decided Burton wasn't up to the job and sacked him, but have kept on the appointments made under his watch.

It's like getting rid of a dog that shits everywhere but not bothering to clean up the mess.

Unfortunately, it's probably the case of deciding everything too late.

By the time Burton is sacked, and we've hired a new GM (noting Nicks also isn't appointed until late October/early November), it's in December and hiring lower staff without the GM is setting yourself up for failure.

At that point, anyone worth a damn is already committed in some way shape or form for 2020.

I wonder who are the people Nicks would have crossed paths with personally at Sydney, Port or GWS that he may have a relationship with?
If they continue to stink up the joint vs good teams, we might be in with a shot for Ken Hinkley as senior assistant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can coach but let's look at every coach let go and get the best. That may well be Solomon but we need the best we can get our hands on.
We need 4 assistants. Id be willing to bet that we could ask the first 4 to be let go and they'd all be better than what we have. If there are ones better than Solomon there are still 3 free spots for them

If we can get 4 quality new assistants and a senior assistant coach (who is very astute tactically) to help Nicks in the box on GameDay I will be wrapped. Add in a quality fitness coordinator and this will really help. Club needs new ideas and an outsiders perspective who have experience at different clubs.

I'd even take average assistants on a cheapish contract just to stop the bleeding and implement a solid game plan.

I doubt we'll be able to attract more than one or two quality assistants, just because they weren't the ones released by COVID, and you'd have to have some attachment to this club to want to work here with the current conditions.

the question though is do smaller clubs on a shoestring budget prefer to have 3 good assistants on good coin, or 4-5 average assistants on minimal coin.

SOme clubs might prefer to have more streamlined training, ie. Have an average development coach and have lesser line coaches, than have 3 good line coaches with pathetic/no development coach.

At the end of the day, there will be quality out there. It's just whether we're willing to spend to get them to move from where their families are currently based.

Great thread OP.

Our forward line of Himmelberg, Fogarty, cooked Tex, Stengle, Murphy and McAdam is definitely a high quality group of players

And when you add that to an abundant 25 inside 50’s Per game, all delivered lace out bullet passes by our skilful mids in Matt and Laird

There really is no excuse for the kind of low scores we are putting up. It has to be all Hart’s fault, no other possible explanation.

I wonder who are the people Nicks would have crossed paths with personally at Sydney, Port or GWS that he may have a relationship with?
Nicks strikes me as a streetwise low IQ opportunist. And to be clear that has been my view since I first heard him speak, well before a ball was bounced.

I’d be surprised if anyone good who has worked with him is keen to take a job reporting to him. Nothing worse than reporting to an idiot.

Nicks strikes me as a streetwise low IQ opportunist. And to be clear that has been my view since I first heard him speak, well before a ball was bounced.

I’d be surprised if anyone good who has worked with him is keen to take a job reporting to him. Nothing worse than reporting to an idiot.
Maybe a shrewd opportunist who positions himself Teague-style behind a stop-gap

Great thread OP.

20200824_202629.jpg

Our forward line of Himmelberg, Fogarty, cooked Tex, Stengle, Murphy and McAdam is definitely a high quality group of players

And when you add that to an abundant 25 inside 50’s Per game, all delivered lace out bullet passes by our skilful mids in Matt and Laird

20200824_202636.jpg

There really is no excuse for the kind of low scores we are putting up. It has to be all Hart’s fault, no other possible explanation.

images.jpeg-11.jpg

Maybe a shrewd opportunist who positions himself Teague-style behind a stop-gap
Is it too early?

Surely Nicks just needs next year to be better than this year, and he gets his third year.

Would be a long couple of years in Adelaide biding your time. Working with quality operators like Roo and Chappy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back