Ben Hilfenhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've seen of him, he bowls like Aldermann.

And, IMO, if Johnson can get a gig for Australia, Hilfenhaus can.

I really believe he has what it takes to play for Australia and is very underrated in cricketing circles.

Could he be a possibility for this ashes series if he continues his good form.

I really believe he has what it takes to play for Australia and is very underrated in cricketing circles.
That, I agree with wholeheartedly. :)
Could he be a possibility for this ashes series if he continues his good form.
That, I'm struggling to come to terms with.

There is only one spot open, and you've got Bracken, Johnson, Tait and Clark fighting for it.

I wondered what people think about the Tasmanian. His had a very good Ford Ranger Cup. His 23 years old and looks like he could replace McGrath in a couple of years. Mid 140km/h and has swing.

Thoughts/Comments?

I didn't realise he was so sharp - he was hitting 145 km/h regularly in his spell today.

Probably the third quickest bowler in Australia after Lee and Tait.

I think he'll definitely play ODI cricket for Aus within 24 months, and will be in the mix for a baggy green once McGrath calls it a day.

I didn't realise he was so sharp - he was hitting 145 km/h regularly in his spell today.
Nor did I, and I've watched him a fair few times now. I've seen him at very high 130s before, but he was bowling around 145 repeatedly today. Handy on a day where the pitch isn't doing much. Unbelievable when the pitch is doing something.

If he was from NSW, the media would be talking him up big time.

He has impressed me so far- unless there are lots of injuries he won't get a run this international season but come this time next year, it would not surprise me to see him in either team.

I've rated him since I first saw him play. Very good prospect. He's developed an extra 2 yards of pace.

He will get an opportunity- just has to bide his time before earning his first baggy green cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him a couple of weeks ago constantly in the 140's. Couldn't believe it as last year I saw him bowling in the low 130's. I think he may have spent some time at the COE. He definatley looks strong enough to bowl at that pace aswell as extract alot of bounce out of the wicket

Played against him a few times, but not in the last couple of years. Can't remember him being particularly quick when facing him personally, but this was 2-3 seasons ago.

Has always been a good prospect. Has defintely picked up a few yards as he's matured, which is uncommon in quicks. Usually they start off tear-away and refine themselves a little.

Very impressed every time I have seen this guy, has all the skills to make it at international level.

Dead set gun, future bowling line up will be Tait, Johnson and Hilfenhaus

Love that lineup to materialise at some stage.

You have the left arm swing bowler, the supreme accuracy of 'The House' and the reverse swinging express pace bowler.

The reason he wont get into the Australia squad is that his a Tassie. Like the selectors dont like us Victorians and the Tassies. They dont like to look down south our way

The reason he wont get into the Australia squad is that his a Tassie. Like the selectors dont like us Victorians and the Tassies. They dont like to look down south our way

apart from Warne which Victorian player has deserved a spot in the Australian team?

Use facts rather than call bias

apart from Warne which Victorian player has deserved a spot in the Australian team?

Use facts rather than call bias

Hodge= Can take Martyn spot (shouldnt of got drop in the first place)

White= Should get more games in the one dayer side. Im not bias

Hodge= Can take Martyn spot (shouldnt of got drop in the first place)

White= Should get more games in the one dayer side. Im not bias

Perhaps Hodge shouldn't have been dropped but he was hardly great at test level. He is currently injured and thus won't take Martyn's spot.

Brad Hogg is a very good, underatted bowler who is way better than White. White's batting has improved since his season for Sommerset but it is not currently good enought to get into the Australian ODI side. His bowling is not good enough to replace Hogg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back