Ben Hilfenhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

Well yeah if they're not going to play him in England they won't play him anywhere. As I remember he was a bit of a surprise pick for the first test in 09, think he got the most wickets on that tour. But we don't really need him anyway. Now batsmen on the other hand...

His latest injury setback pretty much screwed him for the Ashes. It will be hard for him but he's not exactly close to retirement age, a good year next year and opportunities opening up you never know.

Yeah he's injured isn't he? Probably were reluctant to name a squad member who they weren't sure would be fit.

art_ryan_harris-420x0.jpg

Are you referring to Harris' general propensity to breakdown with injury or is he currently injured? I haven't been keeping track too much.

If it's the former then currently fit Harris over injured Hilf is an obvious and fair call. Who knows, if Harris breaks down (god forbid) and Hilfs in good shape he might be on a plane over there.

Are you referring to Harris' general propensity to breakdown with injury or is he currently injured? I haven't been keeping track too much.

If it's the former then currently fit Harris over injured Hilf is an obvious and fair call. Who knows, if Harris breaks down (god forbid) and Hilfs in good shape he might be on a plane over there.

I was just being facetious. Harris is definitely a gamble worth taking.

Well yeah if they're not going to play him in England they won't play him anywhere. As I remember he was a bit of a surprise pick for the first test in 09, think he got the most wickets on that tour. But we don't really need him anyway. Now batsmen on the other hand...

Not a bad idea that. perhaps they should look at Hilfy for the middle order batting if Hughes and Khawaja fail.

Unlucky but can't see who we would have left out to play him (Faulkner being an all rounder). Sayers probably has overtaken him as the swing bowler especially taking wickets at the Adelaide oval.

If they were looking at 'horses for courses', he should be going but glad with the team selected.

Poor Hilfy...even after he did all that work to be a bit quicker! Just needs an awesome 12 months or his Aussie playing days are over!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just get him to 100 wickets then let him go!

Why? Not much point. We have probably 6-7 quicks ahead of him and that is being kind.

The 3 in the test side...plus Sayers, Cutting, Bird, NCN, Hazelwood (*), Cummins (*), Bollinger....

Hilfy is struggling with injury this season, plus the fact he isn't taking wickets.. No chance of getting a game.

Looks like he will be stranded on 99 :(

I reckon he's still got time enough to get back in and he seems to be rated internally in CA but yeah, nah not this summer.

He's great to watch when he's fit and in-form, but if his action isn't right then he shouldn't be considered for selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back