Ben Holland to Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

For the love of God no!

Don't do it Melbourne.

Maybe for Michael Clark... but even that is stretching it.

I wanted him at the end of 2001, but since his knee injury he has lost the plot. He will be 27 next year too.

Don't do it Melbourne. Don't do it.

Originally posted by Demon37
For the love of God no!

Don't do it Melbourne.

Maybe for Michael Clark... but even that is stretching it.

I wanted him at the end of 2001, but since his knee injury he has lost the plot. He will be 27 next year too.

Don't do it Melbourne. Don't do it.

**** it!

We could do a lot worse than Ben Holland, although I'd want Richmond to pay some of his salary. If we end up with Stevens (for pick 5), Solomon and Jacobs (for White) and Holland I'll be a happy man.

Soloman and Jacobs for White??

No I dont think so....

Ben Holland in season 2001 and the start of 2002 was in top form and was a contender for the All Australian CHB position but with Justin Leppitch there being considered is a good effort. He is big, strong and I know for a fact Melbourne are doing whatever it takes to get him there, because the Crows are keeping their eye on young Dutchy. My latest word was Doughty was involved in a deal for Holland, I dont know what Melbourne could offer, and to be honest, dont know what we'd expect...

Jade Rawlings decision to snub Geelong means even the Cats could be in the mix for Holland, so all of a sudden thats three teams in the race for him which makes bargaining power on behalf of Richmond greater.

Shane Morrison from Brisbane has been approached by the Tigers with Morrison believing his opportunities at the Lions scarce he would play a bigger role at the Tigers..Notting could also be in a deal which nets the Lions a young talent, Aaron Fiora? Lions have been keen on him ever since he was 16.

Greg Miller has been open with his approach that he is after Dean Soloman and with Nathan Brown now virtually a Tiger, his best mate might find a deal with Richmond appealing, especially if it is a four year deal, with Essendon only offering two years.

Originally posted by Thunderstruck
Nah, Holland will be returning home to SA and playing for the crows. He has plenty to offer and we need another tall defender who can go forward.

You can bloody well have him then!

Bogan Blue, you go for Carlton. Enough said.

How about this trade:

To Melbourne: Joel Bowden, Ben Holland, Pick 7 (from Richmond)
To Richmond: Nathan Brown, Pick 35 (from Bulldogs)
To Bulldogs: Chris Lamb, Pick 5 (from Melbourne)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Tim56

How about this trade:

BEST HYPOTHETICAL TRADE IVE HEARD IN YEARS, WELL DONE!!

How about this trade:

What's your fascination with Joel Bowden? He is a girl and we have enough of them already.

I wouldnt take Bowden or Holland if they begged us.

Greg Miller has been open with his approach that he is after Dean Soloman and with Nathan Brown now virtually a Tiger, his BEST MATE might find a deal with Richmond appealing, especially if it is a four year deal, with Essendon only offering two years.

I reckon Chris Tarrant is gonna be shattered when he finds this out. I wish people would wake up and realise brown was never part of the circle it was tarrant, alveyand soloman. Brown is 3 years older

Originally posted by carringbush
Greg Miller has been open with his approach that he is after Dean Soloman and with Nathan Brown now virtually a Tiger, his BEST MATE might find a deal with Richmond appealing, especially if it is a four year deal, with Essendon only offering two years.

I reckon Chris Tarrant is gonna be shattered when he finds this out. I wish people would wake up and realise brown was never part of the circle it was tarrant, alveyand soloman. Brown is 3 years older

Essendon have already stated that under NO circumstances will Solomon be a tiger.. they will not deal with them!!!

Carringbush, I understand Brown wasnt part of the trio that is Soloman, Tarrant and Alvey, i know though Soloman and Brown are good friends, I did not mean that he'll sign because of Brown comming to Tigerland, although it might be a good selling point, I believe he will come here for the same reasons as Brown, a longer more secure contract, Brown is on less than $400,000 a year, remarkable if you consider he was offered a hell of a lot more from other clubs, and I believe Soloman if offered a four year contract, may decide that is best for him.

I do understand longer contracts are dangerous but to secure the talents of Brown and Soloman, hell its worth the risk.

Im still laughing that Brown has excepted a 4 year deal at $1.5 million, where we had Holland on a three year deal similar to that magnitute, just goes to show the old adminastration at Tigerland didnt have a bloody clue, Brown if he comes to Richmond will earn the same amount as Craig Biddiscombe did for the Tiges.....stupidity at its best.

Originally posted by Tigerbob
Im still laughing that Brown has excepted a 4 year deal at $1.5 million, where we had Holland on a three year deal similar to that magnitute, just goes to show the old adminastration at Tigerland didnt have a bloody clue, Brown if he comes to Richmond will earn the same amount as Craig Biddiscombe did for the Tiges.....stupidity at its best.

On Channel 10 news they said Brown will be on $500,000 per year for four years at Richmond.

Ben Holland isn't wanted at Richmond. Why would anyone else want him? (besides Carlton, of course)

Umm, yes. One roundly criticised by the team's supporters, the other told to go look for another club. The Tiger's admin made a bit of a boo-boo with that last bit being made public.

Originally posted by Broadbridge_20
What's your fascination with Joel Bowden? He is a girl and we have enough of them already.

I wouldnt take Bowden or Holland if they begged us.

Dont worry about Holland Demon fans cause Holand is on his way to Adelaide, it has ben romoured over here that they are after him and cause he is from Sa it is the logical outcome.

I don't think richmond will get much for ben holland but nor will they really care. They need to get rid of him to free up salary cap space and may even trade him for a late (3rd/4th round) draft pick. They will be expected to pay most of his contract in year one but the club that gets him will probably offer him 100-150 a year which is what richmond will save in the first year.

thats just what me thinks

How about this trade:

How about this one:
to Adelaide: Brendon Lade, Damon White/Adam Morgan
to Richmond: Ian Perrie, Nathan Bassett
to Port Adelaide: Ben Holland, Pick 7, ?Aaron Fiora?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back