Ben Holland - to port

Remove this Banner Ad

YETAGAIN

Senior List
Sep 10, 2003
Other Teams
Richmond
Rumour of a three way trade that sees Holland at Port, Stevens at Collingwood and Lonie to Richmond.........

Originally posted by YETAGAIN
Rumour of a three way trade that sees Holland at Port, Stevens at Collingwood and Lonie to Richmond.........

port dont want & wont take an injury riddled ex tiger, thanks very much.

is that all stevens is worth for port? er, i dont think so.

try again.

If Port won't deal he can just go in the darft and you get NOTHING. Port has very little bargaining power, wrost case for Stpehens is he gets the $$$ at the Blues.

Originally posted by morgoth
If Port won't deal he can just go in the darft and you get NOTHING. Port has very little bargaining power, wrost case for Stpehens is he gets the $$$ at the Blues.

If Collingwood want Stevens, they have to organise a trade that suits Port. Therefore we have more bargaining power than them. Pretty simple really.

The only club we dont have bargaining power over is the bulldogs. And frankly I'd rather let him go there for nothing than get crap from some other club.

You idiot. It's a such a strong sellers market that Port will not get nothing for Stevens. They're playing hard ball right now, apparently not biting at Carlton's No 2 pick. Why are Carlton offering the No 2. when they have first dibs in the pre-season? Because they know someone will offer Port something for Stevens and something is better than nothing. Would have to be a huge turnaround to go from #2 to nothing.

Originally posted by llosis
You idiot. It's a such a strong sellers market that Port will not get nothing for Stevens. They're playing hard ball right now, apparently not biting at Carlton's No 2 pick. Why are Carlton offering the No 2. when they have first dibs in the pre-season? Because they know someone will offer Port something for Stevens and something is better than nothing. Would have to be a huge turnaround to go from #2 to nothing.

Shane O’Sullivan, on SA radio, just confirmed (10 mins ago) that there is no way Carlton will give away pick 2 (for any player).

Originally posted by Poet from Port
Shane O’Sullivan, on SA radio, just confirmed (10 mins ago) that there is no way Carlton will give away pick 2 (for any player).

From what I gathered in that interview Carlton are pretty much hoping to lure him with the cash and get him through the draft.

After all the stuffing around that Nick & Ben Holland made the SA clubs go through, just to boost their values at the Hawks and Tigers, frankly they can go to hell.

I would want nothing to do with either of them, even if they were free, they can shove off and rot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bargaining power Port have is that if anyone wants Stevens they will have to come up with a pretty good offer. There are quite a few clubs going for him so that does mean some bargaining power. Only the bottom 3 clubs have any chance at all of picking him up if he goes into the draft, and even they cannot be sure which one of them will be successful.

Port will deal. It is just up to the other clubs to come up with something acceptable.

yeah possibly so Stiffy, I think Adelaide would go after Holland and Rich 1st Round pick which from memory is Pick 6, which IMO isnt too bad. You lose a gun midfielder, but you alreasy have a few of those. Ben Holland could possibly be another target up forward and you get the 6th best kid in the land and IMO Adelaide need to blood the youngsters cos I think they will have a few lean years now.

Originally posted by Dasher39
yeah possibly so Stiffy, I think Adelaide would go after Holland and Rich 1st Round pick which from memory is Pick 6, which IMO isnt too bad. You lose a gun midfielder, but you alreasy have a few of those. Ben Holland could possibly be another target up forward and you get the 6th best kid in the land and IMO Adelaide need to blood the youngsters cos I think they will have a few lean years now.
There is no question we are interested in Holland and I know for a fact that Tigers have expressed interest in Doughty.

A few Melbourne based clubs have approached Adelaide for Goodwin but Adelaide are VERY unlikely to trade him. They would have to throw the Crown jewels at us to trade Goodwin.

If we trade any of our regular midfielders it would be Bode

I do see your point Stiffy, cos I rate Goodwin very highly and always have. IF the Tigers are interested in Doughty then IMO it would be a straight swap for Holland and no Pick 6.

The reason I came up with the Goodwin trade is I read that he was a possibility and the started thinking of places he could go, and automatically thought of Holland going to Adelaide and then made what I thought was a reasonable trade.

I do see your point Stiffy, cos I rate Goodwin very highly and always have. IF the Tigers are interested in Doughty then IMO it would be a straight swap for Holland and no Pick 6.

The reason I came up with the Goodwin trade is I read that he was a possibility and the started thinking of places he could go, and automatically thought of Holland going to Adelaide and then made what I thought was a reasonable trade.
I think it would take a bit more than Doughty to get Holland.

AFC have assured Goodwin he is in their plans for 2004, so I would be very surprised if he is traded unless AFC do a dog thing like Dees did with Woewodin last year in which case I would not be happy at all.

" I think Adelaide would go after Holland and Rich 1st Round pick which from memory is Pick 6,"

"IF the Tigers are interested in Doughty then IMO it would be a straight swap for Holland and no Pick 6."

I see silly season's started early....as if...(even for Richmond)

So Richmond give up pick 6 and Holland, and all they get back is Doughty??

I dont think so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back