Past Ben Hudson (2012-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

From http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...und-10-freestylin.953256/page-2#post-24476004
11r644w.jpg

Footy Almanac
Matt Zurbo
March 5, 2012

I like watching him play, sure enough. Barrack for him more than anybody. He goes in hard. Plays strong. Has that mongrel, without the peacock strut. If he wants a beard, he’ll grow a damn beard.
“Caffeine hits are my one indulgence,” Ben tells me, necking lattes.
“Yeah, I began up here, with basketball, but the further I got with footy, the more ambitious I became,” he says. “My Dad was a champ back in Victoria. I was always going to go down and have a crack at it, at some level, at some stage. Though I never expected Adelaide.”
“What do you miss most about the suburban footy?” I ask.
“That half hour after the game,” he tells me.
“We won a flag in my last year at Mt. Gravatt, and later, on dusk, just the players walked back onto the ground, no-one else around, put the cup in the middle and stood in a circle. Then we took turns telling each other what that moment, that victory meant to us, as people, and mates. I’ll never forget it. There was some powerful stuff.”

7357395048_9df70b4850.jpg

Speaking to a Bulldogs supporter he is filthy on Hudson. Reckons its a Mal Michael situation. Personally never saw it as anything under handed on either our or Ben's behalf.

Speaking to a Bulldogs supporter he is filthy on Hudson. Reckons its a Mal Michael situation. Personally never saw it as anything under handed on either our or Ben's behalf.

What rot. For starters, Hudson was out of contract.

What rot. For starters, Hudson was out of contract.

For seconds, a trade was arranged between both clubs.

There was nothing to be gained by 'pretending to retire'.

Can't be certain but I think there's a fair chance the Bulldogs might have given him a slight push towards retirement.

Link

If selected, ruckman Ben Hudson will play his 150th senior AFL game this weekend. Hudson came to the Lions in 2011 Trade Week from the Western Bulldogs, where he played 88 games in four seasons (Hudson also played 55 games in three seasons for the Adelaide Crows).

7179264105_5c74b6ff63.jpg

Would be a great achievement for Hudson, lets give it to him this weekend. Persistance is paying off for Ben.

Wouldn't get a game for them anyway, at the moment. No value in playing Minson and Hudson in the same side, the way Minson is going.

Would be a great achievement for Hudson, lets give it to him this weekend. Persistance is paying off for Ben.

150th at Etihad against the Doggies would be best. Makes more sense for matchups, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'ts great to see that Lions supporters love him as much as we did (still do). He is a real character, and good on him for getting another year with the Lions. Congrats on his new son as well.

Jump to it, says Hudson
26 Jul, 2012
Michael Whiting

VETERAN Brisbane Lions ruckman Ben Hudson says he won't change the way he plays on Sunday, and wished West Coast's Nic Naitanui good luck in trying to influence the umpires at centre bounces.

Hudson, who two days ago became a father for the second time to baby boy Stirling, said Naitanui's comments would have no influence on the way he played.

"Half his luck if it works," Hudson said prior to Lions' training on Thursday morning.

"I'm old, and I can't jump and I've just had a kid, so hopefully the umpires can look after me as well.

Is it time?
01 August, 2012
Michael Whiting

Ben Hudson: The former Adelaide and Western Bulldogs ruckman is out of contract and unsure of his future. With Matthew Leuenberger injured most of the season and rookie Billy Longer still developing, Hudson's services have been a blessing. He has a young family, is moving nowhere and would cost little, making him an ideal one-year option. The Lions just have to twist the arm of the 'People's Beard' to go around again.

Den Diary - Ben Hudson
15 Aug, 2012

My boys won’t actually be eligible for father-son picks. I played 55 games for Adelaide and 88 for the Bulldogs, and the father-son rules are that you need to play 100 games for a Club before they get a crack at your son.

I’ve played 14 games for the Lions… but to be honest, I don’t think I’ve got another 80-odd in me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back