Status
Not open for further replies.

hoops69

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I heard another rumour that i wonder if someone can confirm, Ben Jacobs wants to be traded and that is why he did not play on Saturday?
Aparently the rumour was on a radio station but im not sure which one.

tryonthis

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I heard another rumour that i wonder if someone can confirm, Ben Jacobs wants to be traded and that is why he did not play on Saturday?

It's probably in his best interest that he stays.

He would barely be able to crack into the starting 22 at most AFL clubs, let alone be paid what he's currently earning. He'd be on minimum wage at most clubs.

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1

To the bendigo bombers?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
5aa sprouted that rumour, I think they had Shuttsy on.

FYI Footy Classified is on tonight so you might get an update on Boak then.

It's probably in his best interest that he stays.

He would barely be able to crack into the starting 22 at most AFL clubs, let alone be paid what he's currently earning. He'd be on minimum wage at most clubs.

He's on minimum wage with us.

Wouldnt be surprised if Jacobs is unhappy. Certainly doesnt act like someone that oozes enjoyment at what hes doing/where hes at.

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
I was, you know, joking about moving on the next player.....................I can't say i care either way with Jacobs. He isn't a backman and it doesn't seem we want to play him in the midfield. If that is where he should play, then i can respect a decision to leave.

yawning.jpg

I would be surprised if he wanted out. He has had far more opportunity at AFL level than he's deserved. There may be some legs to this rumour as his SANFL stats were deplorable.

Is it wrong to hope this is true?

Haven't been this underwhelmed by a first round pick since Michael Stevens and his stumpy legs were ultimately parlayed into Stuart Cochrane.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Not too worried if this is true, hopefully the target club still thinks he's a first rounder.

All that was said is we had offered him a contract and he hadn't jumped at it.
(And that as a 2nd year player not setting world on fire that it was strange)

i expect he may want a trade. For whatever reason i get the feeling hes struggling in the environment....perhaps his intensity dunno but he doesnt seem to be in the click.

I had a chat to him after the showdown back at Alberton. He seems like a nice young kid and a little naive, but that might be the age difference talking, he is only 19 I'm mid 40's. He did tell me that he is looking forward to playing in the mid field down the track. Said he had rarely played in defence in his junior days. I'd like to see him played 5 or so straight weeks with the Magpies in the guts to see how he goes. Anyone see how he played against the Roosters today?

I had a chat to him after the showdown back at Alberton. He seems like a nice young kid and a little naive, but that might be the age difference talking, he is only 19 I'm mid 40's. He did tell me that he is looking forward to playing in the mid field down the track. Said he had rarely played in defence in his junior days. I'd like to see him played 5 or so straight weeks with the Magpies in the guts to see how he goes. Anyone see how he played against the Roosters today?

Evidently very badly. Not a single mark.

wouldn't get excited by rumours
we have real and bigger problems to worry about like:

- snafl have snaffled our footy club
- we don't have crowds
- we don't have sponsorship

if we fix our ownership and board, then we can address the rest in due course

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I'm with TSW tbh.

I think he can be a solid role player rotating through the middle and half forward.

Apparently takes his footy pretty seriously which is important.

I think he'll get there

Hmmm.... Jacobs not happy with his development under Primus? A massive call for a second year player if so and a massive blow to the club, not from losing the player but from the wider implication that we suck balls at developing talent. Maybe I'm drawing too long a bow...

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
was hoping this was meaning get out of the backlines

He is yet another exciting draft pick we will watch become a B- player at best

If you hate him, or love him as a player that should not impact your thoughts on this.

If a player wants out after less than two years, it is a serious worry to what is happening to our club. I for one rate Jacobs, but even if I heard this from someone in their second year I did not rate as much, I would be concerned.

I'm with TSW tbh.

I think he can be a solid role player rotating through the middle and half forward.

Apparently takes his footy pretty seriously which is important.

I think he'll get there

The absence of modern non-negotiables like legspeed, decision-making and his pumped up left kick being barely twice as good as John McCarthy's isn't really something I've ever seen just come to a player over time, except for Jobe Watson and he had some funky genes playing a part there.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just don't rate our youngsters in a good or bad you can't in our team you can't rate them until 21 50-75 games....

But I defiantly agree its bad news he wants out after 2 years a dream to play afl...it reflects badly on the club for future youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back