Ben Jarman

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont suppose it does matters, except for the fact people are curious to know and weere curious to know which way Jarman was heading. There had been numerous reports frpm teh likes of Andrew Jarman saying he was swaying towrds the hawks then others saying he would prefer Adwelaide. It was in the media a fair bit so a lot of public interest and funnily enough we are talking about it now!

Surprise Surprise
Where do you think the bid will come?

If the hawks had a better draft pick they could still bid for him and if Adelaide chose to not match (with the discount) then the Hawks would get him.
Absolutely, the same applies for any other club. I was under the assumption that he was asking if Hawthorn could still get dibs on him since that's how he wrote the question in the Father Sons thread.

Interesting the Crows didn't nominate.
I wonder if the Hawks would look at him on the main list or the rookie list?

Collingwood should take him with a late pick if he's available, then we could boast to drafting a Daicos, a Brown and a Jarmen in the same draft, surely one em will end up being a chip off the ole block.

It's a deep draft and he doesn't look all that special athletically or skill wise so I can see why the Crows have passed, but I suspect from pick 50 or so on wards it's going to be a nervy wait for Adelaide and crows fans.

Ablett, Watson, Josh Kennedy, there's been a few late blooming father sons.

I just think they should have nominated him. If he went to soon they could have easily not matched the bid. The most synonymous surname in Crows history. Worth a late pick just for the PR

I just think they should have nominated him. If he went to soon they could have easily not matched the bid. The most synonymous surname in Crows history. Worth a late pick just for the PR

Their last pick is around 60. They have decided that he isn't worth that pick. It's a reasonable decision IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a source internally at the Crows that they don't really rate him that much. Hence not nominating him as it would mean they'd potentially have to match any bid.

I'm sure most clubs will look at him as a rookie though.

Heard from a source internally at the Crows that they don't really rate him that much. Hence not nominating him as it would mean they'd potentially have to match any bid.

Crows can priority rookie him.

I will lol if Hawks take him with 88

I highly doubt it. We've got Breust, Rioli, Puopolo and Stewart. We aren't exactly in desperate need of another small forward. There's a reason why Hawthorn and Adelaide didn't nominate him. He ain't that good.

He's better than a rookie pick from what I've seen. Would happily take him with our third rounder if he's there.

Disposal is elite but big questions about his fitness and speed I believe.

Which makes it all the more bizarre that he's being overlooked given Sam Mitchell is also very slow but has elite skills.

Definitely worth a shot somewhere.

Disposal is elite but big questions about his fitness and speed I believe.

Which makes it all the more bizarre that he's being overlooked given Sam Mitchell is also very slow but has elite skills.

Definitely worth a shot somewhere.
For every Sam Mitchell there's 1000 short and slow players who don't make it. Plus if he doesn't have the tank he can't play midfield so that cuts down his versatility.

From brief highlights and a game or so the issue I think with Jarman is he doesn't get as much time with the ball as you'd like from a small skillful player. If he doesn't have the pace or size to play as a small forward or the tank to be a midfielder then he'll be a skillful half forward like Caleb Daniel or Lewis Taylor. And the secret to doing that role well is to be able to get time and space and use the ball. Otherwise teams are better off playing a 190cm beast who can go in the midfield or take a mark or lay a big tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back