Rumour Ben Johnson - Immediate Retirement confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

during 2011 i wished for 2 new players with sufficient skills & poise to replace didak & johnson - we didnt find them and its part of the reason we failed. weve got their replacements now. both are welcome to leave on their terms, reminisce on their success and enjoy retirement.
Agree with that. We have struggled to find anyone near as good as these two this year. Dwyer is ok but no where near Didaks level. Marley is doing ok as Johnson's replacement but again it's a drop off in standard compared to Johnson.

Immediate retirement.:(

Collingwood premiership defender Ben Johnson has today announced his retirement from AFL football with immediate effect.

Having suffered an unfortunate run of injuries since last featuring at senior level, against Hawthorn during round three, Johnson has made the decision to step away from football after 235 senior AFL games.

“I’ve had a wonderful time. I loved the club before I got here and I am as passionate about Collingwood today as I was then,” said Johnson, who was chosen early in his career by former great Gavin Brown to wear the number 26.

“It’s been a great ride. We enjoyed some great times, played some great footy and I’ve met some amazing people, including some of my best mates.

“I just didn’t have anything left, really. It was time.”

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-07-15/ben-johnson-retires.workstation

Thanks for the career johnno, you will be missed.

Sadly not in the best 30 players anymore, and can't even get on the park lately.

Good luck for the future and thanks for the years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such an under rated player. He couldn't do it any more, but for most of his career was a star off half back and in the middle, who was discounted because of his odd kick. effective and long though it was. We won't find a 1 for 1 replacement on our current list, any more than we can for Didak.

Oh bugger :(
Where will we get to see helicopter kicks now? :(
Was hoping he'd some how get back into the side all fit :(
Today is not rainbow day :(

Nothing better than watching Johnno dart around onto his left and kick a goal from outside 50.

Thanks Ben for being such an awesome player for the Pies. All the best!

It looks to me that after announcing his retirement, Ben Johnson is probably going to be dropped off the list at the end of the year. Mark that one down in the prediction column. I rarely go out on a limb and I dont like to speculate on who is going to be dropped off the list, but I'm almost certain about this one....

Will be greatly missed.One of the best servants of the club in the last 10 years,and a terrific player to boot.All the best for your retirement,Benny!

Oh bugger :(
Where will we get to see helicopter kicks now? :(
Was hoping he'd some how get back into the side all fit :(
Today is not rainbow day :(

Maxwell will need to step up ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back