Recommitted Ben Keays [delisted, drafted as a rookie to Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Keays once again is looking surplus to requirements at Brisbane, particularly if they're looking to bring in blokes like Ellis-Yolmen. Would he get a gig at any other club?
North have inquired and are somewhat interested, but that's about it from us.

Would bring him in to the Pies for a late pick if he was willing to move to Vic.

Not sure he'd fit Collingwood.

He's a decent midfielder with decent forward craft but there is nothing outstanding about his play.

Matt Crouch lite, gets a lot of the pill but not at the source. Rarely does more than link up.

If anywhere I think Sydney is a good shot. They've got a pretty-boy quota that needs to be filled after with Jack, and Smith retiring. Could be pining for a rebrand into the Sydney Roosters(don't think that franchise is registered yet at least not in a proper respected professional sporting league) with studs like Heeney, Hayward, Blakey and Sinclair putting on the jumper every week.

But seriously they're a bit lacking inside. Plus they've seen how good he is at NEAFL level(although their previous experiences with Matt O'Dwyer and Jordan Foote in the NEAFL may mean they don't value NEAFL form so much). He'd be a similar pickup to Clarke IMO, a young guy looking for opportunity. Swans are "rebuilding," JPK is slowing down a lot, Parker may want to move up forward more often to replace Papley a bit. Why not give it a crack? Clarke was pretty solid second half of last season too. If Keays is actually an AFL calibre player I reckon he's a chance there.

I like Keays. But if he wants a game he has to go to a s**t club. It's that simple, he won't get a game (other than the obligatory 2-3) so he's better off going to a crap club and try and thrive, it's the only way.

I like Keays. But if he wants a game he has to go to a s**t club. It's that simple, he won't get a game (other than the obligatory 2-3) so he's better off going to a crap club and try and thrive, it's the only way.

I would have liked him last year but with Greenwood now playing a similar role and also getting games into Rowell & Anderson, I don’t think the Suns would even take him on?

Maybe a rookie spot somewhere is a more likely option if the Lions delist him?

Are people under the impression he’s an inside midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back