Prediction Ben Kennedy v J.Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

I called for his head and that he was a financially motivated recruit, but he has been sensational in some games this year. If he keeps up this consistency and has more of an impact in games where others are not performing so well, then he could be one absolute freak.
Pretty sure it was reported he took significantly less than he was offered at other clubs to come to Collingwood.

Its a start.....:)

Howe really has to stop playing team orientated football and start doing what he was recruited for..

to win mark of the year!!!
Jamie Elliot and Howe can go mark for mark

interesting peoples thoughts now on Ben Kennedy + Seedsman for Howe and Crocker.

Both Kennedy and Seedsman are both fringe players and as the season has gone on are slowly drifting out of form, as they did with us many times.. Howe however has shown now that he is fit that he is clearly best 22 if not best dozen. and Crocker has shown some good early signs.

interesting peoples thoughts now on Ben Kennedy + Seedsman for Howe and Crocker.

Both Kennedy and Seedsman are both fringe players and as the season has gone on are slowly drifting out of form, as they did with us many times.. Howe however has shown now that he is fit that he is clearly best 22 if not best dozen. and Crocker has shown some good early signs.
I'm very pleased to have Howe.
Crocker looks a good type, where he lands will be up to him. Doing some good things.

Ben Kennedy, meh, not fussed he's not with us, handy but that's about it.
Seedsman, I always liked him, but always acknowledged he is quite inconsistent from excellent game or two to drifting.

So all up, happy

We are winning the trade

Kennedy wouldn't get a game in our midfield.

Seedsman would be getting a game, he has shown that he really is a stupid footballer.

Kennedy started the year well but has been dropping off, hardly touched the ball on the weekend. Seedsman is going ok, don't think he'll ever be a player you can rely on though. Looking pretty good at the moment.

I would have been more ok with the trade if we originally got Howe to play as an intercepting defender instead of a marking forward who occasionally rotates on the wing.

I would have been more ok with the trade if we originally got Howe to play as an intercepting defender instead of a marking forward who occasionally rotates on the wing.

Why does it matter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't matter too much it just means the original intentions of the trade were wrong.

In actual fact we didn't seek out Howe, he sought us out and it's a good thing he did.

He wanted to play forward and he might fit there at some point but playing in defence gives him focus and it's coming off like a charm. An absolute revelation down back.

I didn't realise just what a terrific user of the ball he is. His kicking from defense is first rate and in tandem with Ben Reid has us looking quite potent exiting defensive 50 for the first time in a while.

Add to that his ability to play tall due to his tremendous leap and great reading of the play and I think he's been an outstanding pickup and if we ever get a decent run with injuries he could be a genuine swingman for us. As it stands he's played a big part in stabilizing our defense in spite of our massive injury toll. Seedsman and Ben Ken could not have offered us this so the trade is a big win.

We are winning the trade

Seedsman would be getting a game, he has shown that he really is stupid.
EFA

Last edited:
We are winning the trade

Seedsman would be getting a game, he has shown that he really is a stupid footballer.
Keeps making bad decisions and over rates his kicking ability hence why he shanks so many kicks.

Keeps making bad decisions and over rates his kicking ability hence why he shanks so many kicks.

Got a Adelaide supporter mate that was raving about him, I send him a text each time he makes a huge stuff up which is weekly just going.

Seedsman is a terrible decision maker.

Howe is the ideal swingman. In a fully functional fit team Reid and Howe play the swingman role easily. Their adaptability is potent. However, with our injuries both are forced to be positional players.

Round 1 - Kennedy 21 touches, 1 goal.

Round 2 - Kennedy 21 touches, 3 goals.

Round 3 - Kennedy 15 touches. Howe 8 touches, 1 goal.

Round 4 - Kennedy 22 touches, 1 goal. Howe 14 touches.

Howe is a lazy footballer, hope I'm wrong because he has the ability and potential, but I can't see him changing.

So far we've gotten more out of Kennedy than we ever got out of Howe.
Round 7: Howe 22 disposals 9 marks
Round 8: Howe 20 disposals 8 marks
Round 9: Howe 22 disposals 11 marks
Round 10: Howe 28 disposals 11 marks

Not to mention his precise kicking and intercept numbers which I don't have at this time.

So far we've got more out of Howe than we ever got out of Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back