Rumour Ben King 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

A few whispers starting to do the rounds that Ben King has made a decision on his future and is going to stay on the Gold Coast. Obviously I'm not holding my breath and will wait for official confirmation but it does seem timely given the story that broke today about King, Lukosius and Rankine all being happy and committed to the club.

I really feel for Gold Coast. They draft players and those players have often decided they are going to go home no matter what minutes after their names have been called out in the draft.

First thing they should do is change their jumper/logo, I can't believe they're still rocking the Sports Tonight/McDonalds cheeseburger look a decade on. Want to be treated like a serious footy club, present yourself like one.

A few whispers starting to do the rounds that Ben King has made a decision on his future and is going to stay on the Gold Coast. Obviously I'm not holding my breath and will wait for official confirmation but it does seem timely given the story that broke today about King, Lukosius and Rankine all being happy and committed to the clclub

That would be great if he stays, obviously I'd love him at Melbourne but if he doesn't come to us (and nothing so far has suggested he will) the I'd love to see him commit to the Suns.

Ben King is the Suns. My brother and his friends started following after the Rowell, Anderson, King, Rankine drafts (and lockdowns meaning binge watching TV). If they lose this core then they need to fold the Suns and restart it with full AFL control. There is hunger for footy in SEQ (especially now that half of Melbourne has moved up here in the last 2 years). We just need a good product. Like how the Lions are selling ridiculous membership numbers once they stopped being bottom 4.

And now we have an official report to back up the whisper from a few nights ago. Looking very likely that King stays on the Gold Coast now.

If Scoop did break the King news first, i might have to help his cause out and buy some merch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now we have an official report to back up the whisper from a few nights ago. Looking very likely that King stays on the Gold Coast now.

Since when has that response ever been taken at face value?
Wasn't that always the exact response every other high profile player used before leaving their club?

It's almost like saying the coach has the full support of the board, it means nothing.

Wasn't that always the exact response every other high profile player used before leaving their club?

It's almost like saying the coach has the full support of the board, it means nothing.
Pretty much this. What else does anyone say under these circumstances? “No, I’m not happy here and keen to get out as soon as possible”?

They’d be coached to say exactly the sort of thing he said whether they’re staying or going.

Well never because U can't "trade" a player who is in the draft .

I've answered a million times.

The closest trade comparisons are Cerra, O'Meara and Prestia.

Clubs had to pay up big time for these three and the Suns would want a lot more than that for BK..

So that's your benchmark.
Hawthorn had to pay up for Jaeger because Cochrane had thrown his toys out of the cot and scuttled almost every offer that Ashcroft and Wright had come close to agreeing to as fair trade, after Wright had committed to JOM and his manager that a trade would get done, while Essendon tried to get O’meara through to the PSD.

That's true look what happened to Lynch when he told them he was out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back