Rumour Ben King 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously St.Kilda in the box seat if he wants to play with his brother.

Cant see him having any interest in going to Collingwood or Hawthorn, as they are looking at 5+ year rebuilds. Richmond wont have the space, Melbourne wont have the space.

North and Carlton both have key forwards who are progressing really well.

Essendon the obvious danger. Would the Bulldogs have a look as a long term target alongside Jammara??

Essendon the obvious danger. Would the Bulldogs have a look as a long term target alongside Jammara??
Not with Naughton and English, and Sam Darcy (although I prefer Darcy back)

We also have Jordan Croft as a FS pick next year who is a KPF

I really feel for Gold Coast. They draft players and those players have often decided they are going to go home no matter what minutes after their names have been called out in the draft.

I don't. Melbourne had clubs chasing after our players for years until we actually made the place somewhere players actually want to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn have the salary cap and trade capital (least in terms of draft picks) to get a deal done I think.
Like Adam Cerra, if King wants to leave, he would want the Suns to be properly compensated, so this is partly why Hawthorn are in the box seat. Possibly Collingwood either, if they have enough free cap space.

Hawthorn have the salary cap and trade capital (least in terms of draft picks) to get a deal done I think.
Like Adam Cerra, if King wants to leave, he would want the Suns to be properly compensated, so this is partly why Hawthorn are in the box seat. Possibly Collingwood either, if they have enough free cap space.

What experienced players do Hawthorn or Collingwood have that will satisfy the suns? They dont want picks.

What experienced players do Hawthorn or Collingwood have that will satisfy the suns? They dont want picks.
That is part of the problem with Gold Coast, how many good young playes in their prime from other clubs want to play up there.

Teams like Essendon or St Kilda will likely not have players they are willing to trade that Gold Coast would want at any rate.

That is part of the problem with Gold Coast, how many good young playes in their prime from other clubs want to play up there.

Teams like Essendon or St Kilda will likely not have players they are willing to trade that Gold Coast would want at any rate.

Essendon do. They would move Mcgrath or Ridley in a heart beat for King. Would throw in a Shiel/Smith for steak knives too.

Saints dont.

other teams would need to be involved.

It would be arguably the steepest trade price ever paid. He kicked nearly 50 this year in a rubbish team.

Essendon do. They would move Mcgrath or Ridley in a heart beat for King. Would throw in a Shiel/Smith for steak knives too.

Saints dont.

other teams would need to be involved.

It would be arguably the steepest trade price ever paid. He kicked nearly 50 this year in a rubbish team.

I agree with you in principle, but knowing Dodoro, I honestly doubt he would be trying to move the players of their calibre on, even accounting for the fact they wouldn't want to leave Essendon anyway

I agree with you in principle, but knowing Dodoro, I honestly doubt he would be trying to move the players of their calibre on, even accounting for the fact they wouldn't want to leave Essendon anyway

This, is the arguably the biggest issue in the game today.

Who is their right mind wants to go to the gold coast?

They chew through players at an unprecedented level. The culture looks poor. The club is poorly run.

As long as players have a say in whether they cna be traded or not, the gold coast suns will be a poor on field team.

This is the main factor in Clarkson going there in 2023. The AFL are desperate for players to be attracted to playing there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back