Recommitted Ben King [contracted and staying at Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints would be best off trading for him next year rather than this year surely? At least next year he will be out of contract.

I think that’s right. And logically that seems the more likely scenario if anything is going to happen.

The Suns have said they are confident Ben will stay with them and they look forward to him fulfilling his contract with them next year. Apparently Saints have made it clear to Ben and his management that if he requested a trade to them they would try to get it done.

There are no indications that anything is going to happen this year. In the meantime it’s assumed Ben will enter into the last year of his contract unsigned and will make a final decision about his future sometime next year.

He played key back in juniors because max was playing key forward. He moved to key forward when his brother did his ACL and from the games he's played at the suns he looks like he's loving the role.
I reckon they can work, competitive is just part of a brotherly nature but on the field I reckon they can be professional. I personally don't know them so nothing is guaranteed but that's just my take.

Suns should have drafted them both with picks 2 and 3.

I'm fully entitled to say this because predraft i didn't shut up on big footy about that being exactly what they should do in light of their systemic player retention issues and the fact that they were both objectively in the ballpark to be worthy of being such high picks.

I said it at the time, idiotic move by the suns to (after jaeger lynch etc) continuing to do the same thing and draft solely on best available and pay zero consideration to compromising a teeny bit on potential talent in order to improve the odds of retaining players.
Izak and Jack played together at school.
Perhaps the recruiters considered that when drafting those guys with pick 2 and 3 and thought B. King would have a bit more independence and capacity to live away from his twin brother.

Izak and Jack played together at school.
Perhaps the recruiters considered that when drafting those guys with pick 2 and 3 and thought B. King would have a bit more independence and capacity to live away from his twin brother.

Haha. Elite footballers that play school footy together are a dime a dozen.

They all get talent spotted early and get scholarships to pvt schools etc and play school footy together.
That is no big deal for any pro footballer.

There are a million examples of blokes who are absolute best mates with rival players etc. That just shows that those kinds of 'mate' bonds don't ever really do anything to stop or make players leave.
Especially when it involves turning down lots more money and/or onfield opportunity and/or fame or onfield success.

Jack martin and jaeger o'meara played school footy together, how did that go?
That's just one of I'm sure a million examples.

The attraction of playing every week with an old school mate.... vs playing everyweek with your twin brother who has put in blood sweat and tears side by side with you your whole adolescents is chalk and cheese.

They all get talent spotted early and get scholarships to pvt schools etc and play school footy together.

There are a million examples of blokes who are absolute best mates with rival players etc. That just shows that those kinds of 'mate' bonds don't ever really do anything to stop or make players leave.
Especially when it involves turning down lots more money and/or onfield opportunity and/or fame or onfield success.

Jack martin and jaeger o'meara played school footy together, how did that go?
That's just one of I'm sure a million examples.

The attraction of playing every week with an old school mate.... vs playing everyweek with your twin brother who has put in blood sweat and tears side by side with you your whole adolescents is chalk and cheese.
It’s not as black and white as you make it.
Suns recruiters would have considered all types of risks associated with all available players at the top end. Considering flight risk, I imagine is a large part of a recruiting teams strategy when considering an interstate player. For any club.

they might have thought if they took king-king-rozee that they’d definitely lose rozee.

give Ben a bit of credit as an independent man, not just 1 of 2 twins. As someone who was considered the second best footballing twin the chance to build his own legacy independently could be a strong motivating factor for him.

It’s not as black and white as you make it.
Suns recruiters would have considered all types of risks associated with all available players at the top end. Considering flight risk, I imagine is a large part of a recruiting teams strategy when considering an interstate player. For any club.

they might have thought if they took king-king-rozee that they’d definitely lose rozee.

give Ben a bit of credit as an independent man, not just 1 of 2 twins. As someone who was considered the second best footballing twin the chance to build his own legacy independently could be a strong motivating factor for him.
you may well be right, there's a pull either way and we are all just conjecturing, for my own selfish reason I went to come and play with Max, it's up to the Suns to prove to Ben he's not wasting his time up there, and not just Ben.

Very few AFL players go back to the team they supported as a kid these days for that reason only.

If he goes back to melbourne it will be to the team who puts the best deal to himself and GC.

Your right they don't but how many players if given the choice would chose the club they barracked for and their twin brother was there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon - I heard a whisper

Funny how most media people with connections think that St Kilda is most likely, including Lloyd, but when some random whisperer says it they get more credibility 🤣🤣.

To be fair, AFL media both professional and unprofessional is a farce for attention, only time will tell.

Funny how most media people with connections think that St Kilda is most likely, including Lloyd, but when some random whisperer says it they get more credibility 🤣🤣.

To be fair, AFL media both professional and unprofessional is a farce for attention, only time will tell.
He’s definitely coming to essendon

I also learned today that Covid vaccines are killing millions of people and that Hillary Clinton was keeping kidnapped children in the basement of a pizza shop so that she could drink their adrenochrome rich blood

Except Lukosius and Rankine didn't attend a private school on a scholarship.

Lloyds quote was St Kilda think they have him, not that he thinks they King will go there. Lots of St Kilda in the knows sprouting the same thing. Heard the same thing last year with Caldwell too. Don’t count your chickens too early saints fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back