Recommitted Ben King [extends contract to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints offer $300k a year for 4 years. GCS offer $500k a year for 5 years.

How much love is still there?

What you talking about.

Well done Suns. Hopefully this is the start of a pattern of players sticking around.

No doubt Dogs and Saints fans would be feeling a little blindsided by this. I know I didn't expect him to stay.
There has been zero indication from the man himself post draft that king wanted to move back to Melbourne whereas we’ve heard lots about how he is loving the coast.

Tell me again why dogs fans would feel blindsided?

Absolutely embarrassing episode from St Kilda as a football club. To publicly come out and say that you are keeping tabs on another player because of the twin connection, only happens because it's Gold Coast. Good on the Suns for re-signing Ben!
If you're talking about the Lethlean comments maybe you should listen to the interview. They were hardly embarrassing, he was very clear that Ben is a Gold Coast player. Absolute storm in a teacup.

Of course some fans would love the narrative of St Kilda supporting twins playing together, again it hardly makes it embarrassing.

Anyway I say good on Gold Coast, a great signing for them. But save the unnecessary potting of St Kilda.

If you're talking about the Lethlean comments maybe you should listen to the interview. They were hardly embarrassing, he was very clear that Ben is a Gold Coast player. Absolute storm in a teacup.

Of course some fans would love the narrative of St Kilda supporting twins playing together, again it hardly makes it embarrassing.

Anyway I say good on Gold Coast, a great signing for them. But save the unnecessary potting of St Kilda.
He said he would talk to king if he hadn’t signed by mid 2020.
So we can expect lethlean to keep his distance now?

I don’t think so.

Great news.

Congrats to the Suns.

Always my preference to see top players stay at their clubs and no club needs it more than the Suns.

Hopefully this combined with the drafting of the 2 mates will be the start of a new Suns and a club players want to stay at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back