Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Noth don't need him with Larkey, Comben, McKay

I think Pies and Bombers will go hard...

Pies especially...
If we could somehow get B. King, we could swing Comben to CHB and potentially be set at the key positions for a decade.

North should definitely be looking at Ben King.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Does he have a preference of playing forward or back?

as a junior he played mostly back
Forward.

He didnt really play mostly back as a junior. He played both ends.

Only really pushed back in his first year of Nab cup so they could have one King at each end.

He was the AA full forward in his top year.

I can't see any way he'd be moving back after how good the start of his career has been.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
And Victorians wonder why we still call it the VFL...

Say hi to Linc, Cocky and Fort for me, lol. Not to mention prior players in Walker and Christensen...5 players from the one club in 8 years is quite the effort...unless you're Carlton (GWS)

Oh and P.S. you guys actually have the equal second most 'imports' out of anyone in the league (Carlton is first with a whopping 16 players and Saints are equal second), currently on your list - even more than us who have a reputation for it and cop it all the time. So tbh, I probably wouldn't be going down that path, lol.

Brisbane trade ins (11):

Lyons
Neale
Fort
Cockatoo
McCarthy
Daniher
M. Adams
Robinson
C. Cameron
Ellis-Yolmen
C. Ah-Chee

Geelong (9):

Stanley
Tuohy
J. Cameron
Danger
Dahlhaus
S. Higgins
I. Smith
Rohan
Ceglar

Last edited:
Brisbane trade ins (11):

Lyons
Neale
Fort
Cockatoo
McCarthy
Daniher
M. Adams
Robinson
C. Cameron
Ellis-Yolmen
C. Ah-Chee

Lyons was free and a complete balls up by gold coast.

Neale cost us plenty for the trade and came from...Perth.

Fort, cockatoo and McCarthy cost us how much? And we're considered fit players at the time? Or not?

Daniher is our first legit big free agent get.

Adam's was a trade which the Dogs were happy to do.

Robinson was literally delisted by Carlton of all clubs.

Charlie Cameron cost us heaps to get and we paid his worth.

Ellis shouldn't even be on our list.

Ah Chee was a trade from (checks notes) Gold Coast...

Yet here we are watching a bunch of Victorian club supporters fighting over a player that hasn't given even a hint of his intentions barely a season into his career.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
I imagine that any trade involving King won't just have picks coming back to the Suns. They'd want a starting 22 player in return as well as a pair of first rounders IMO. I could see St Kilda offering 2022 R1, 2023 R1 and Josh Battle. It's a huge price to pay and I'm not sure if it's even in the club's best interests considering that key forwards just isn't an area of need. With that said, when you have the chance to snag a pair of generational talents like the King twins you have to think about it.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018

Fort, cockatoo and McCarthy cost us how much? And we're considered fit players at the time? Or not?

Yet here we are watching a bunch of Victorian club supporters fighting over a player that hasn't given even a hint of his intentions barely a season into his career.

Lol I'm more pointing out that you've got just as many players coming into your state, as there are leaving it. Difference is, you guys are on the right track, whereas GC has poor admin and hasn't played finals since it joined the comp a decade ago.

The point was to illustrate that the 'VFL mentality' argument, doesn't really work - when you have more players coming to your club from other sides than nearly every Victorian club in the comp (barring Saints and Carlton).

Maybe it's more just success and the chance of playing finals/in a flag contending side, that's the real lure - not any particular state. Sure seems to be the case with you guys

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I imagine that any trade involving King won't just have picks coming back to the Suns. They'd want a starting 22 player in return as well as a pair of first rounders IMO. I could see St Kilda offering 2022 R1, 2023 R1 and Josh Battle. It's a huge price to pay and I'm not sure if it's even in the club's best interests considering that key forwards just isn't an area of need. With that said, when you have the chance to snag a pair of generational talents like the King twins you have to think about it.
That's only if Josh Battle is happy to go, which I'd doubt.
If we were offering 2x first round picks and reliving some $750k of salary then they can go shopping with that on the open market.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
It's definitely a possibility he leaves especially if we still suck but I don't think it's the foregone conclusion people in here think. He's always surprised me how well he's integrated in to the GC and is super tight with a bunch of core players.

I can't actually wrap my head around why essendon is the definite landing spot if he leaves though. Dreamers lol

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

So it is the VFL because supporters are desperately wanting a very good player? THE OUTRAGE

You seen the Power and Crow supporters do the same thing with Luko and Rankine?

THE DAMN SANFL!

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
The problem as always is going to be convincing the player to go even if the club is willing to part with them.

They always make the demand of wanting players not picks, it is just a hard sell though.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
That's only if Josh Battle is happy to go, which I'd doubt.
If we were offering 2x first round picks and reliving some $750k of salary then they can go shopping with that on the open market.

Unless Battle establishes himself as a CHB this season I think he'll be moving on from St Kilda. Going to GC with better pay, better weather and a guaranteed spot up forward sounds a lot better than hanging around Melbourne and playing for Sandringham on 200k per year while being thrown all over the field whenever you get a game in the seniors.

I do like Battle and hope he makes it with us but you could make a good argument that he's not big enough to become a key back and surplus to requirements as a forward.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Unless Battle establishes himself as a CHB this season I think he'll be moving on from St Kilda. Going to GC with better pay, better weather and a guaranteed spot up forward sounds a lot better than hanging around Melbourne and playing for Sandringham on 200k per year while being thrown all over the field whenever you get a game in the seniors.

I do like Battle and hope he makes it with us but you could make a good argument that he's not big enough to become a key back and surplus to requirements as a forward.
I agree it's a good option for him, just not that its a necessary part of any deal for Bing.

Back