Toast Ben McGlynn 150 games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Ben McGlynn who will play game 150 against Carlton this Friday night!

Arrived at Sydney in 2010 from a trade with Hawthorn and immediately had an impact as a Swan in his 2nd game for us when he kicked 5 goals against Adelaide, followed by 31 possessions and 3 goals in his 3rd game.

Unfortunately missed out on the 2012 flag; he has given a lot to the Swans and continues to play his guts out every game he plays.

Congratulations and well done.
Vaan-Gaaal-770x470.jpg

I really Felt for the little Mighty Mouse after the 2012 GF. He was an integral part of our team that year but an unlucky and dodgy hammy cost him the once in a lifetime opportunity of a premiership medal. The vision of him in tears as his teammates celebrated was truly heart wrenching.

For this reason I was increadibly surprised that he was one of our worst players in last years GF. I would have thought that he would have been prepared to lay everything on the line to get that premiership last year.

What's our record on McGlynn's milestone games ?

Oh dear.
Just checked this.

50 games: L vs Collingwood
50 Swans games: W vs GWS
100 games: L vs Collingwood
100 club games: L vs Hawthorn (2014 GF)

Oh dear.
Just checked this.

50 games: L vs Collingwood
50 Swans games: W vs GWS
100 games: L vs Collingwood
100 club games: L vs Hawthorn (2014 GF)
So let me just check....

Positives for Carlton

New coach
McGlynn's 150th
Wet
6 day break (for us) after heavy game

Positives for Swans

Bloods culture
It's Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourites, I think despite the milestone records posted above, we look like a lot better with him in the side. It's a shame he's so prone to injury, would love to see him out there more often. Congrats on a damn decent 149 games, and let's hope number 150 is the best yet :D

Go Benny boy. From a good part of the world that breeds quality people I reckon ;)

Such a hard nut & always gives everything. Some players give more than speed or strength or skill. They give everything they've got & leave nothing in the tank. They give passion. They give attitude & dedication. They commit 110% & don't back down. They play for the team & their role.

Ben is such a player. Love his attitude & the attributes he brings to our side.

Congrats on 150 games of determination & commitment Ben. Enjoy Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back