Ben McGlynn joins coaching panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Still waiting for the day Lenny comes home though :(

Let him go and learn from others and then bring all that knowledge back.

Happy with the McGlynn get. He has the likes of Billings, Steele, Stevens, Weller, Minch, Wright, Lonie, Sinc and Dunstan to work with as aggressive mid/fwd options.

If he can bring that Sydney IP with him that would be great.

Definitely a good player to bring in as an assistant coach. A true professional in terms of training and his attitude/work especially when he was dropped to the ressies this year was an example for our younger players.

I think he will be a good assistant.

Why McGlynn? I would rather have seen X-Man get it. He has coached teams to premierships in the top end. Probably had more to offer than McGlynn.
I'd also love to see the X-Man back but happy to see him develop his own coaching. You see with coaches like Richo and Bevo, they all have coached their own successful teams before moving into Afl.

If we do pick him up, he might be a good option for the Sandy coach role.

I am waiting for that day when Harvey, Lenny and Frawley re-unite in some coaching capacity at Saints.

Massive pass for me. Along with Xavier.

Luke Hodge if he ends up cooked next year.

Reckon we've got the makings of a team of thugs.

Chuck the war paint on and go for the throat.

Love the McGlynn pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/hawks-bush-courage/2009/08/28/1251394593878.html?page=2

After his last year as a Pioneer, Ben wasn't drafted or even invited to train at an AFL club.

The coach of Box Hill at the time, Andy Collins, on the back of Richie Vandenberg's endorsement, invited Ben down to training.

-/-/-

Knows what it means to go through the 'system' & put in hard work - exactly what he needs in his new role at the Saints.

Good fella too..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back