Ben McGlynn No 1 - inside 50's in the competition ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And the thing most won't notice is the amount of times he caused the turn-over through sheer gut-running and harnness in the back pocket, only to gut-run again and link up to deliver the pill inside 50 for us ...

Big sentence, for a big heart.

Love this kid. Hope supporters from other clubs have noticed him too and give him a bit of credit ...

Hawks have done well out of the rookie list : McGlynn,sewell,gilham,campbell,osbourne & young all came off the rookie list and are having good seasons. Not just our high picks that are helping the side move up the ladder.

This kid has come along in leaps and bounds.
His attack on the ball is 110%.

You've got to hand it to a bloke who is that size and constantly throwing himself into and under the bigger bodies time and again each week.

A big part of Hawthorns improvement this year has come from the likes of McGlynn, Boyle and others, disposal efficiency was his weakness, I haven't seen any stats but he appears to have improved this area of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another gun, more reasoning why Hawthorn are going to dominate this competition in years to come.

Why would you say something like that? It's like putting a tarhet on your own head!

Just remember what happened last time someone said something along those lines.. All I'm saying is, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

I admit, it's been a great start to the year, but i would re-evaluate at the end of the year. See how we're going then.

Remember, One sparrow does not a summer make.

Yeah, excellent pick up by the Hawks. Are his shoulders as wide as he is tall? Nuggety little fella, good to have em back in the game!

Probably is since he's standing at all of 174cm.

A little mongrel, great to see he's improved on his disposal as his heart was never in question.

Hawks have done well out of the rookie list : McGlynn,sewell,gilham,campbell,osbourne & young all came off the rookie list and are having good seasons. Not just our high picks that are helping the side move up the ladder.

when will people get his name right?

Can he be nominated for rising star? If so its amazing he hasn't been nominated yet, is one of our best peformers this season and don't think many youngsters would of had the same impact he has.

This kid has come along in leaps and bounds.
His attack on the ball is 110%.

You've got to hand it to a bloke who is that size and constantly throwing himself into and under the bigger bodies time and again each week.

Sounds more like Campbell Brown

doesn't suprise me at all that has number 1 for inside 50's at all, seems to be a link up man across half forward a fair bit

Can he be nominated for rising star? If so its amazing he hasn't been nominated yet, is one of our best peformers this season and don't think many youngsters would of had the same impact he has.

He's too old.

Funny thing is he was always on the hawks door step.. He was a life guard where the hawks did all there swimming before moving to waverly.. He always was chatting to vandenberg..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back