Hawthorn
Racism
Harry McKay
News relating to any of the above

What you may not do in this thread:

Troll
Abuse other posters
Anything else that breaks the following set(s) of rules:

We're entering a very busy period on this board with the draft and player movement periods fast approaching.

Us board mods have a lot on our plates and whilst we do not want to, we are not going to hesitate to infract or hand out board bans for repeat offenders. Please do not force our hands here.

Thank you.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I fully expect him to stay at North, but until he puts pen to paper, there will always be interest in one of the most valuable young KPD'a in the game..

You can pretty much count joining his brother Harry at Carlton out (no cap space)

I would assume he would stay in Victoria, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn and St Kilda would all be very keen.

But as I say, I would be astonished if he left NMFC

Last edited by a moderator:

• Banned
Would love Hawthorn to ask the question

Absolutely. Hawks definitely are in a strong position from a SC perspective.
Assuming you re-sign Moore and DGB gets over his rotten luck of injuries, if Hawthorn somehow get McKay, would shore up your defensive spine and backline for the next decade, and possibly give Sicily more time to switch into the forward line (when required)

I can see Geelong asking. It's the only area of the ground we're lacking in.

We are a little short in the area depth wise heading into 2023 and we need to draft another young one to develop but future wise SDK and Henry are a sound pairing. If I was lashing out on a trade target or free agent I would be spending the $$$$ on an elite mid or key forward for the future which we will need post Selwood, Dangerfield and Hawkins, even if it needs to be banked for a year or two until the right player comes up.

McKay is a good lockdown defender in a poor side but he doesn't offer a lot with ball in hand. Not the sort of player you'd want to be spending big on IMO and North would be able to pay stupid money to keep him.

Absolutely. Hawks definitely are in a strong position from a SC perspective.
Assuming you re-sign Moore and DGB gets over his rotten luck of injuries, if Hawthorn somehow get McKay, would shore up your defensive spine and backline for the next decade, and possibly give Sicily more time to switch into the forward line (when required)
It's a strong area of the ground for us youth wise but McKay would tie it together and we could be looking at one of the best defences in the comp in a few years.

Yeah the biggest hurdle would be why he would make the switch to us if we are no better off than North. A lot will come down to how the teams perform in 2023.

We are a little short in the area depth wise heading into 2023 and we need to draft another young one to develop but future wise SDK and Henry are a sound pairing. If I was lashing out on a trade target or free agent I would be spending the $$$$ on an elite mid or key forward for the future which we will need post Selwood, Dangerfield and Hawkins, even if it needs to be banked for a year or two until the right player comes up.

McKay is a good lockdown defender in a poor side but he doesn't offer a lot with ball in hand. Not the sort of player you'd want to be spending big on IMO and North would be able to pay stupid money to keep him.

Lead the comp for ave intercept marks per game, and was subbed out of 3-4 games early.

Yeah but elite key forwards are as rare as hens teeth and very hard to get in trade/FA (like cameron was). So its more realistic to re-tool the forward line post hawkins with what we have and get a good kpd in to support sdk (which we need).

Yeah but elite key forwards are as rare as hens teeth and very hard to get in trade/FA (like cameron was). So its more realistic to re-tool the forward line post hawkins with what we have and get a good kpd in to support sdk (which we need).
Cats will probably poach Cadman from GWS in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine lots of clubs will be going very hard at him and Himmelberg.

I would ******* LOVE Himmelberg at the Saints. His work across half back in 2022 was elite. Crazy that they are going to put him forward again in 2023.

I expect Essendon to go the hardest at McKay though. Looking at their list and a big FB is the only think they really lack. Reid and Taylor could get there but McKay is a proven commodity that would stabilize their backline immediately.

North’s biggest weakness is our defence. We will basically pay him what he wants on a long term deal. Clubs will no doubt come, but we will pay more than all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cats will probably poach Cadman from GWS in a couple of years.

Its always possible but i dont see cadman leaving. In any case with henry now here and so long as neale stays we probably need a key back (definitely) and a ruck (maybe) more than a key forward for what one would cost.

North’s biggest weakness is our defence. We will basically pay him what he wants on a long term deal. Clubs will no doubt come, but we will pay more than all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep, expect North to put out an big offer early in the year. If he trots out the wait til end of year line then he’s leaving.

Back