Player Watch #46: Ben Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

can anyone confirm he isn't at the hub ?

what is with miller? at some point last year or the year before i can't remember, he just disappeared for ages, wasn't on the injury list or anything and club didn't say a thing. then he came back as if nothing happened?

can anyone confirm he isn't at the hub ?

what is with miller? at some point last year or the year before i can't remember, he just disappeared for ages, wasn't on the injury list or anything and club didn't say a thing. then he came back as if nothing happened?
I believe he was one of the youngsters the club decided to keep in Melbourne at the club.

Don't know where else to put this but gee I miss the VFL? Something insanely compelling about watching a Richmond game without the stress, plus trying to pick out who's gonna make it.

Like, I know there's bigger issues in the world at the moment but damn. :p

I'm with you, Tiger. Depths of winter. Damp. You can see your breath. Leaning on the fence with a can and a dim sim. You know the players can hear you (and you can hear them). And a game at the MCG to follow. One of my favourite things.

I'd definitely take a live VFL game over a televised non-Richmond AFL game. Starting to think I'd take a live VFL game over a televised game of the seniors.

I’ve only ever seen people give Turner massive wraps

Similar to shai Bolton where he only actually scraped into his draft year by a few days so he’s younger than the other guys who he was drafted with but by all reports he hasn’t set a foot wrong and is a genuine prospect for a wing position in the future
I like Turner a lot. Seems likely he will get squuezed out which would be unfortunate.

Hard to see him getting a game.
I assume he's behind Garth, who can't get a game while Astbury is injured?

Although if one of them got a game last week it may have freed up Grimes to do a Charlie Cameron job on Toby Green

We are gunna need to rotate our list given the short turnarounds in matches and injury list

whoever made it to the hub is in a good spot to get a game....sounds like Miller missed out
Millar is coming up with Bachar and the rest that stayed behind unless injured according to Dimma. Two weeks of playing backgammon with Bashar in isolation and he's taking Grimes spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, time to bump this guy.

He is a square peg who doesn’t necessarily fit neatly into round holes. But Big Ivan Maric said in Coach’s Corner that he is training really well, and quoted Tom Lynch as saying he has been really hard to play on.

The club has thrown him in the ruck in the last scratch match and it seems he went well, though well undersized. He was drafted at 196cm and worryingly has lost 1cm since arriving at Tigerland, must have had blisters on his feet in his draft year, or a lump on his head!

We know he can really sprint, and is a very good kick, so he has a bit going for him. Drafted with Balta and Coleman-Jones thus end of third year in the system now, a time when most tall players start to come good.

We have lost a ruckman and a key forward this week. Really, Chol can replace only one of those. Does Miller get thrown in to replace the other? So perhaps Mabior Choleman key forward, and Miller second ruck, with some time in defence?

In any event these recent reports bode well for a player many of us had just about written off as a delist at the end of 2020. If Lynch has been finding him tough to play on then he can also perhaps go into the key defensive mix behind Astbury and Balta next season if we require cover there.

A huge bonus if this bloke can start getting it done.

Last edited:
OK, time to bump this guy.

He is a square peg who doesn’t necessarily fit neatly into round holes. But Big Ivan Maric said in Coach’s Corner that he is training really well, and quoted Tom Lynch as saying he has been really hard to play on.

The club has thrown him in the ruck in the last scratch match and it seems he went well, though well undersized. He was drafted at 196cm and worryingly has lost 1cm since arriving at Tigerland, must have had blisters on his feet in his draft year, or a lump on his head!

We know he can really sprint, and is a very good kick, so he has a bit going for him. Drafted with Balta and Coleman-Jones thus end of third year in the system now, a time when most tall players start to come good.

We have lost a ruckman and a key forward this week. Really, Chol can replace only one of those. Does Miller get thrown in to replace the other? So perhaps Mabior Choleman key forward, and Miller second ruck, with some time in defence?

In any event these recent reports bode well for a player many of us had just about written off as a delist at the end of 2020. If Lynch has been finding him tough to play on then he can also perhaps go into the key defensive mix behind Astbury and Balta next season if we require cover there.

A huge bomnus if this bloke can start getting it done.

He trained with the senior backline group yesterday, so he might be an outside chance to play this week, or at least he's moved up the pecking order due to CCJ and Soldo being unavailable.

He trained with the senior backline group yesterday, so he might be an outside chance to play this week, or at least he's moved up the pecking order due to CCJ and Soldo being unavailable.
Was an emergency last week. He's definitely gone up in my rankings. Not on the scrap heap like I thought he would be.

Was an emergency last week. He's definitely gone up in my rankings. Not on the scrap heap like I thought he would be.
Agree, I thought he’d be the first to go but now thinking he’ll stay.
Of note is this year was his first full preseason since arriving.
Maybe he’s had his excuses for underperforming. No doubt the club will be aware of that and take it into consideration.

Not going to put 3 years development into someone and then suddenly cut them loose, if you rate them.

I hope we keep him on for another 12 months. Has high athletic ability as well. In the old days players used to spend 3 or 4 years playing reserves footy before debut in senior footy. Theres plenty of development left in Ben. Our supporters shouldnt rush to write off our players which happens alot in this forum.

I hope we keep him on for another 12 months. Has high athletic ability as well. In the old days players used to spend 3 or 4 years playing reserves footy before debut in senior footy. Theres plenty of development left in Ben. Our supporters shouldnt rush to write off our players which happens alot in this forum.

The club thinks he is a good one. back last few weeks. Given leadership role in the VFL backline. No chance to show what he's got this year though.

I suspect he could be at least a decent back up for AFL KPF and/or KPB. He'd be god to keep for another year at least. But this year is weird. Good luck to him

Noticed he was an emergency again yesterday
Must be very close to a call up

Has been starved of real opportunities. First health, then opportunities. Very good reader of the play, gets where the ball is usually. Thought he would be a great apprentice to Astbury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back